Alterac Valley 95% horde win rate

In the previous expansions, alliance would win all the time because they would get to the boss so much faster than horde. In this expansion, if the horde just zergs to the boss, alliance would still win. Unfortunately horde figured out that if you take back the first two towers, it is almost impossible to kill the boss. Unfortunately for alliance, they don’t want to retake their bunkers back which makes it easy for horde to win.

1 Like

From my limited plays in epic bgs, i feel that the main difference is that horde actually defends and back cap towers.

Alliance on the other hand, do defend sometimes, but once D was wiped, no back capping was done. Even if i was calling for people to help back cap, the people that were defending just zerg south or heads back north.

This coming from the Undead DK who needs literal nerfs to his Unholy Spec and possibly Frost. Yeah? We have the choke point of all hell with the bridge. Deal with it. Our player base is almost 60/40 HORDE ALLIANCE.

Someone who actually gets it. We cannot run 40 man premades anymore like we use to do with Cupcake Cartel, and back in the day with what was it called. Oque?

:man_shrugging:

Expansion is crap. See you all in Shadowlands. Hopefully they add PvP Vendors.

Oh, and Nerf DH cause they TOTALLY NEED A DARN MORTAL STRIKE.

All BGs are horde bias, no doubt about it. 1/10 win ratio for the alliance.

…and GRAVE YARDS and MINES…meanwhile most alliance teams are still trying to run strats that leave towers up and wonder why they can’t get their team out to Offense. (it’s because you don’t have any D^&% graveyards)

HOLD OBJECTIVES, break the horde advance at the BRIDGE CHOKE profit. (That means you actually NEED PLAYERS ON DEFENSE)

HOW CAN THIS BE BLIZZARD’S FAULT WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE MAP AND 40 PEOPLE HAVE CAPPED 1 TOWER BY THE END OF A MATCH.

It’s embarrassing. AND IT’S ON US. Cap and defend objectives like F$%#ing graveyards.

ACTUALLY PLAY DEFENSE FOR A CHANGE.

For the last time, the horde are NOT REQUIRED TO LET your sorry A** win. If you don’t understand what the letters in P V P mean, stop queueing.

1 Like

Be careful Gladewolf, these guys don’t take too kindly to the truth :laughing:

I see it a lot too… by the end of the match 25-30 Alliance sitting in 1 tower, and the entire map is red. Just such a bad distribution of manpower :man_facepalming:

Or… you’ll commonly see like 15 Alliance dismounted on the road, PvE’ing with a “commander” mob in the late-game. So, instead of pushing towers and actually trying to win, pugs decide to dismount to PvE and pad the meters on an NPC.

Pretty embarrassing stuff for sure.

I cry everytime we cap the relief hut way early in the game with all towers up.

Horde back caps relatively quick and we are now way behind on offense with at least 2 bunkers in the midst of being capped.

Report the troll and move on, folks. Don’t feed it.

On topic:

As a horde player, I celebrate, and occasionally we sacrifice RH to get the towers back. Alliance loooove standing on idiot hill and leaving the towers completely empty.

These npcs are powerful and should be focused. The aoe heal is solid for players and the npc should not be ignored. It can be cc’d, sure, but all it takes is one competent healer to come along and dispel the cc.

The fact that alliance owned the BG for a long time doesn’t really have much to do with alliance migration to horde, and I literally laugh at the notion and the likes.

The reason alliance used to win AV so much is that horde, for some strange reason, did not defend Galvanger and their towers. This allowed alliance to PvE zerg their way south; and alliance will nearly always win ‘PvE race AVs’ (I’m not sure why, but that has been my observation).

The reason horde started winning AV was because the change blizz made in the prepatch to BfA - buffing of the HP and strength of NPCs - made it essentially impossible for alliance to do their usual PvE zerg because they kept going to Galv and getting wiped, not only by Galv and IBT archers but by horde who finally understood the strength of defense - primarily the IB choke and their own tower design. Defend Galvanger and wipe the alliance team; keep IBGY for an easy rez point; and repel alliance trickling back into Galv’s, IBT, or trying to get through the choke - it was a meat grinder.

Things have since changed from that initial meta because of gear power and the “I don’t want to be here an hour” complaint, but horde still mostly win AV because they have smart/good players who defend and backcap as needed.

1 Like

This is one of the biggest issues. I guess on the positive side, every time the alliance fails to bother with defense, the match DOES end pretty quickly…Wins take time. (Unless your opponent just gives up and runs to the forums to complain)

I was just in an AV where the allies managed to pull both mulfort and maglor in with drek, with 2up…they just kept rezzing at RH running in and dying…it was almost comical.

Ya this I never understood too.

The Horde Route is slightly longer north ( doesn’t give a huge disadvantage unlike what happens at Hanger in IOC) but Horde can almost never win a zerg game in AV. It’s very puzzling .

BOTH of them?! Those alliance deserved to lose then. This just reinforces how dangerous the commander npcs can be. Every other npc besides the shamans/druids can be ignored of course

Alliance have no problem winning AV.

Good try OP.

Horde almost never all zerg north, for w/e reason. While typically the majority of Alliance do rush south. Either side can win the zerg race.

1 Like

There was a video showing both factions arrived within seconds of each other in each other’s base flag in AV.

Perhaps someone actually has the video bookmarked?

I always merc in AV because Alliance usually always win.

Well I could say some things about that bridge choke, but I will refrain as I see the bridge as very annoying and arguments made.

Main issue I see in Epics, AV and Ashran in particular, is people give up and refuse to adapt. Like, if both teams have decent defense teams and offense cannot make headway (in AV) people complain how others suck.

Like, please just don’t give up. Learn from these experiences and know that during a resource War its probably important to just get the mines and minimize deaths. If they are outcapping you maybe its time to cut the losses, lost a tower and offensive progress and reset… otherwise you will Zerg far slower while also losing all objectives to make Plan B impossible.

In the Alterac Valleys I’ve been in, people will just afk in IBT or TP once it’s been destroyed and wait for the match to end rather than try and defend. That’s the problem with quick queue times.

I think a great brawl would be for all these BGs where map balance is “a thing”, is to start from the opposing faction’s side.