Alterac Valley 95% horde win rate

Dear Blizzard,

i play mostly alliance and occasionally horde and I love doing PVP. Lately it is very frustrating playing alterac valley because alliance lose like 95% of the time. Please be fair. When i was PVPing on my horde toon my team mates were talking on how the horde win so much Alterac Valley in the last many months…Please be fair!
Alterac and PVPs are not fun anymore for alliance!

12 Likes

AV is a good example to show how much of the Alliance player base has migrated to the Horde, Alliance owned this bg for a very long time.

20 Likes

I say we put snowfall on the ‘horde’ side of the field of strife and see which faction will struggle to prevent their randoms from capping it. :joy:

9 Likes

This is a common misconception. Alterac Valley actually favors the alliance.

5 Likes

AV favors the alliance, if the alliance is organized and coordinated…

for a buncha randos…AV favors horde not because of the tower construction, or location, or gy locations, or the bridge, or any of that…

It favors the horde in that they have a single path north…so the murderball has a much less chance of getting distracted. The horde can afford to drop 5-6 at TP, and 5-6 at IBT, and still keep a big group moving as a unit. Alliance sends 5 folks in 8 different directions (some want to defend shb, some want to defend SHGY, some go to IBT, IBGY, TP, FWGY, or zerg frostwolf, heck a few just get lost in the woods between TP and FWGY), and they just get picked off.

Though I was in 3-4 AVs earlier this morning where the alliance stayed as a group, zerged into frostwolf, took the RH and both towers, then started butting their heads against Drek with 2 up…

7 Likes

Because the alliance has to. Alliance doesn’t have an easy zerg path that locks all horde into defense.

1 Like

Alliance has a bridge choke. That trumps everything else the horde has on the map.

5 Likes

The bridge choke. Homie this ain’t 2005 again. If ally are choked at the bridge it’s GG. I’ll give you credit, you seem to be sticking to your delusion that alliance have it easier. Let me guess, after you win an AV you pat yourself on the back and tell yourself how much better of a pvper you are than the alliance to huh

19 Likes

Actually the bridge choke is the best choke point that is on the map. You’re the delusional one. I am part of the silent majority that knows that Alterac Valley is an alliance favored map. There are many many more like me.

6 Likes

Yes, the bridge that sacrifices 300+ reinforcements to use, in a game where a win condition is by reinforcements, is far superior to the Iceblood chokepoint that sacrifices 0 reinforcements.

12 Likes

Dude, he’s obviously trolling.

1 Like

I know.

You’re the one who is trolling. The bridge choke if done properly is the best choke. Alliance dominated the map for over a decade and you think that its somehow not favored to them? The 2 major nerfs to the map (moving the cave and shgy elevation) are putting Horde at more of a disadvantage. Blizzard has skewed this map to the alliance favor 2 times and I dont see them doing anything to help horde.

3 Likes

Stop being so damn dense. If alliance are using the bridge choke, the game is already over. Guess what? You win.

5 Likes

Poe’s Law. It’s impossible to tell the difference between extreme stupidity and satire on the internet.

5 Likes

That’s not true, but it is typical alliance defeatist mentality.

2 Likes

If alliance is at the bridge they have lost SHB, IWB, and Balinda. It’s not common for the bridge choke to overcome the 300 reinforcements lost.

1 Like

He’s trolling now. Or just an idiot.

4 Likes

You’re the one who’s trolling. I am merely stating the facts that support my arguement that Alliance is favored in AV.

I never understood why they don’t switch starting areas for factions to remove any suggestion of bias. Then again, SotA was like that and people were still saying it favored the horde

1 Like