Altar of Decay

I have read through all the related threads and am surprised no changes are planned for Altar of adecay.
With some decayed items being BiS for some specs, crafting them is a pain. I do have a saved lockout for Brackenhide, but the travel time to and inside the instance is atrocious.
I have to charge extra to compensate for the time away from trade-chat, but even with that, buyers cancel the orders before i even get there (i know i can lock 1 order).

Suggestions (in order of convenience vs flavor):

• Allow fast travel to the Altar from Valdrakken. To keep the RPG element, it can be a perk at the end of Deacy tree, or an item obtainable randomly when crafting at the altar.
  • Add a teleportation from instance entrance to final room, similar to the one in Azure Vaults. The need to run for several minutes inside the empty dungeon is just meaningless.
  • Add a Dragonscale Expedition waygate near Brackenhide entrance.

I know options like “remove altar requirement” or “allow trade chat outside city” is not an option, but at least make our crafting a little less miserable :slight_smile:

5 Likes

just remove the dungeon component and stick it somewhere inside the brackenhide area in azure span, dont see why they made one altar require a dungeon run. would make sense if it was some legendary craft

6 Likes

I like the way it is.
The extra work may be annoying sometimes but that’s the reason these patterns are also more competitive and rewarding (as buyers are fine to tip better if u explain). We basically going there for venom stompers, there are lots of other LW patterns for the lazy days.

I’ve had nice experiences, like having the buyers running the dg with me to help with my lockout. Or crafting cheaper if they gave me a ride (just for the fun)

To make it quicker I use both my normal and dalaran heartstone

1 Like

Please tell me you’re not running the dungeon every time

Only once a week. Can I extend the lockout for more than this?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve had the same lockout for like, 12 weeks at this point

1 Like

mythic 0 lockouts are seperate from m+ runs, right?

I’ve had the same brackenhide lockout for months but i’m now suddenly worried i might lose it if i have to run it as a key in 10.1. :pensive:

Ok, but how I do it?

You just extend the lockout?

You’ll be happy to know they’re adding a consumable and slightly recraftable placeable altar of decay in 10.1, it seems a bit expensive though.

That looks to be alchemy only sadly, and there doesn’t look to be an easy way for LWs to recharge it if it’s able to be work ordered

The more you know

“via the Social tab under Raid by clicking on Raid Info”