🤔 Alpha Testers Already Not Motivated To Run Torghast

Yea theres more of them, than 2 people. Alpha GD barely has people posting in threads.

And the ones that are, dont like it. Garaunteed there will be more.

Well. You will have to anyway if you want your legendary.

It’s too limited by location to become something like risk of rain 2 and too easy to be binding of isaac

Have you read the feedback thread at all?

1 Like

Hmmm. Yes. The newest ones written after the change dont care for it. If you are going off posts made in April and the beginning of March, BEFORE the change was implemented, then you are just being dishonest.

Also, stop posting on an alt so we can see who you are.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-torghast-tower-of-the-damned/498548

Scroll down to the point the timer was added to Torghast. The majority of the testers do not like it at all.

2 Likes

Exactly!!! Honesty and common sense prevails.

My point was: Alpha GD is basically a graveyard. There has been more and direct feedback posted in the actual thread. Use that instead of some random post on GD that has 3 posts.

Exactly, and its more descriptive and concrete. I wasnt saying the timers were a good thing, just saying to use the actual feed back thread.

You people get too defensive sometimes.

3 Likes

Why make a endless dungeon where the majority of the people will run the first few floors to reach their cap on legendary mats and then not touch it for another week. You think one of the main features of Shadowlands would want to include the majority of the player base not the top 5 %. to 20% and leave a large percent out.

7 Likes

I mean the alternative is that they only allow you to use your CDs once a floor. They don’t want you to feel like you have to wait every pack to blow it up. They are dead set on making Torghast an experience you don’t feel the need to wait on CDs. Once Blizzard sets their mind on something it isn’t going to change. They will make it feel bad to wait around on CDs one way or another. The Torment system in my opinion is pretty tame.

2 Likes

They have already said it wont be endless. They said they don’t want you to feel like you have to run it more than a couple times a week. It might be a main feature, but it should be difficult to reach the top floor. Whats the point of a reward if all you had to do was wait for hero for 7 hours on Tuesday.

3 Likes

Cool thing is, people were playing it just because it was hella fun. Future players, I believe would continue that trend, but not now. You will have that annoying, psychological timer in the back of your mind, nagging at you, taking your focus, even if only slightly, off of the experience of having fun in the instance. Which is what the Alpha testers are complaining about.

11 Likes

4 people in our house play WoW, 4 people don’t care if they ever step foot in torghast.

Feedback on the alpha forums is sparse as it is at the moment. I am inclined to agree that it does hurt player motivation somewhat relating to Torghast.

1 Like

So their opinion should affect those that DO want to experience it, in its FUN state?!
I mean, seriously, if you have no interest in Torghast, why even post in a Torghast thread?

1 Like

And your opinion should affect those that don’t want timers, like we were told. If all you can do is tell people that their opinion does not matter why post at all?

1 Like

Its just in a different thread. GD in general is dead.

But realistically, torments seem to have the issue of:

1. They solve a problem that may or may not exist
  2. By the time when they should be an issue, you are already buffed up on Torghast power-ups to blatantly ignore them
  3. Torments themselves arent difficult, just annoying (which isnt good)

Ultimately, they should just be removed and figure out another way to combat said design issue.

4 Likes

Thank you for the link!

It is good that you are providing this info and spreading the truth.

1 Like

Ding ding ding ding. We have a winner! What do we have for our poster that “gets it” Johnny?!

The bottom line here is we were told there would be no timers and we could go at our own pace and play Torghast the way we wanted.

Now we’re being told “oh we don’t want you to go that slow or play it that way”. Man, screw this. Then keep your stupid Torghast and YOU play it blizz cause now I sure won’t.

End of.

12 Likes