Alpha Survival Hunter Questions for the Developers

Yes lol sadly Nimox said they had no plans to address any hunters mastery. Like… Why not? Please. Someone get this threads questions to the Alpha forum so we can get answers… At some point they need to address their reasoning so we can at least know their thinking because right now it just comes across as:

Yes we are happy that Survival Mastery has no significant meaning to the spec. We enjoy that it only reall effects Raptor Strike on a rotational basis and has next to no input on the Hunters Pets focus spenders whatsoever because outside of FS there is no way to give focus to the pet.

All is well!

1 Like

Wasn’t attempting to argue it. Just… your reply felt… utterly bizarre.

(Changing the icon for an ability doesn’t turn it into a new ability. Making Muzzle conditionally show the icon for Countershot via a macro, for instance, doesn’t mean I’ll have access to Countershot as SV. So, I still have no idea why you brought up macros as if it were a way to meet what was asked for in what you’d quoted.)

Ikr. I eyerolled/sighed at that. At least Nimox replied.

2 Likes

Is this the part where I say “Blizzard has made their decision and people can complain all they want but they’re clear they won’t back down so we might as well give feedback for improving their current vision rather than replacing it”?

3 Likes

Both sides—both fixing the tuning and fixing the functionality—have been suggested time and time again. When “please at least tune this decently” falls repeatedly on deaf ears, the pendulum merely swings to attempt the other side for the time being.

At least one or the other, though, needs to occur for the spec’s performance not to be randomly pushed lower just over gear optimization within a given tier, especially any that have tier sets, due to having one stat scale significantly worse than the others.

Exactly what I was saying last week to Watermist. There isn’t any actual intention of updating anything, just “How can we make the bone we threw you work?” There are many ways they could adjust mastery to make it more appealing or actually functional but have chosen not to. Why? We still don’t know what the spec fantasy is even supposed to be for SV. Can we at least get that nailed down?

There was a response on the Alpha forum about how Nimox is clearly passionate about Hunter design. FALSE. WE HERE are passionate about Hunter design. Blizzard says, “We will continue to urinate on you, but have no intention of calling it rain.”

3 Likes

This is a nice summary of all or at least many of the critical problems with alpha SV. Just too bad they blizzard doesnt see it that way, seems like they are ignorant to problems so obvious anyone can identify it even without having access to alpha…

Almost there and Ill chime in when it is time. I think by week 3 or 4 of the beta is when we can safely assume that hope has died. Until then we just keep trying to get their attention.

I think they really do care, but the communication is lacking substance. Yes we are getting more feedback than other classes which is great, weve been ignored for 4 years now…But…We need them to explain WHY they are doing what they are doing. What is the VISION… So as a Project developer, my main focus when starting a new project is to clearly define and convey the vision so that no one under me has to question why they are doing something or what they are working towards. Its about communication and it goes both ways. If the project is not being received well by the team or even the end point user/ interaction I need to know why and what the problems and concerns are. And sometimes the problem is the vision. Sometimes you just need to put it on hold or back to the design board because there is a disconnect. The devs need to be open and receptive to their feedback. Us. Because there is such a disconnect between us the endpoint user and them the visionaries.

Yeah I agree… If I had the Alpha or was a CM I would be all over it grinding for actual definitive answers and the reasons behind them…

Someone with the Alpha… Please…

Yeah, they need to rub a little ITIL4 on this situtation.

2 Likes

Well guys and gals its happened. We got linked in Alpha. God Bless Watermist! Now. Wash your faces and go put on your Sunday best, a Dev might stop by and see us. Even @Nimox themselves!

1 Like

Wanna know something else?

Aspect of the eagle was only given to surv to help them kite mobs. It was the one thing blizz wanted msv to have that rsv had too.

Also, have you noticed that people are claiming ranger is making msv more ranged friendly? But did you know if you look at the talent it doesnt have min range requirement on the talent, therefore it was put in place to allow surv to gain access to all the spells they dont get bc their melee. But since they changed all that the talent is basically worthless bc those shots are not very weak in the first place so 40% means nothing.

Meow you know.