Alpaca It Up/ Alpaca It In Quest Seemingly Bugged

Hello, I have fed the Friendly Alpaca 13 times as of posting and the Alpaca has not offered the Alpaca it In quest with the mount, and I have trivial quests turned on for tracking. The days I have fed the Alpaca are:
7/16
7/17
7/18
7/19
7/20
7/21
7/22 - (TWW Update was on 7/23 and servers were down, could this have reset my progress?)
7/24
7/26
7/31
8/1
8/2
8/3
Please help, I want this nice mount!

1 Like

Ive been having the same issue for a couple of months now. Informed Blizzard and it seems they have made no effort to rectify it :frowning:

2 Likes

I can also confirm this quest is bugged. I fed the Alpaca over 10 times and it is not offering the next step of the quest where you receive the mount.

1 Like

The alpaca is finally fixed. He has remembered how to count and track feedings.

/script print(GetQuestObjectiveInfo(58881, 0, false)) is the script that counts how many times you have fed him.

/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(58879)) is the script that verifies you have done the daily.

The alpaca now gives the next quest to get the mount immediately after receiving his 7th feeding.

It is not fixed. I have this mount on my other account, so I know what I’m doing. I went around 4 times today and no alpaca. I’m also using the HandyNotes - Springfur Alpaca addon, which I used on my other account to get this mount.
I was lucky that I had 7 gersahl greens in my bag because THERE WERE NONE of those to be found at the usual places either.
BLIZZARD, IT’S BEEN OFF AND ON BUGGED FOR WAY TOO LONG. According to wowhead, the source YOU recommend in your form letter replies, there have been reports of it being bugged for YEARS.
This is not customer service. I plan to go around once or twice AGAIN to see if the reset did anything noticeable to this useless slog.
EDITED: I take back all those justified, nasty things I said. AFTER the reset, I went another round and FOUND THE ALPACA FOR DAY 1.

Try and find the alpaca when there are not a lot of people playing. Right after reset and Saturday/ Sunday mornings are also good, I have found the alpaca sometimes if i get on quick before going to work in the morning. The bug this thread is referring to is about the alpaca tracking feeding attempts not about being unable to find the alpaca. Good luck!