Almost no EXP if you don't hit a mob for 30~ Seconds at low hp

I pull a Wastewater Bandit and start killing it, the doorbell goes off i go to collect the package, i return to see I’m on 4% hp so i pop last stand and stun and kill the mob, i get 24 Exp.

Normally I get 400Exp (rested) from these mobs so my conclusion is if you don’t attack something for 30~ seconds regardless if you had done all the damage to it entirely solo you somehow reset the EXP gained to what ever health was remaining…

This is no doubt caused by blizzard changing the tagging system based on % like it was in Cataclysm and beyond instead of it being based on first hit and kill.

How it should work
Hit a mob, its now tagged and is 100% yours, by any means necessary aka other players envolement or answering the door for ~30 seconds the mob dies and you recieve 100% experience.

How it currently is broken
Hit a mob, its now tagged and is 100% yours, if someone else does 80% damage to it you get 20% exp and no loot, if you do 100% damage to it but take a 30 second break at any time during the fight you get whatever remaining hp% of exp.

I remember in Vanilla and TBC leveling up my alts by tagging a mob then killing it on the higher level character to get Full Exp on my alt, obviously something has been put in place to stop this but at the same time breaks everything if you stop attacking a mob for 30 seconds which shouldn’t be the case at all.

I’ve tested this multiple times solo and at 8% hp i get 32Exp instead of 400 Exp.

1 Like

You are correct, it’s fully and totally broken. I’ve complained about this several times in this forum.

Blizzard just doesn’t care. They’re too busy fixing things that aren’t broken like GY spawns, while allowing things like hunter/rogue/druid/shaman/spellbatching/mob tagging to be left alone.

1 Like

Yeah, I was leveling daggers on one of the L50 turtles outside revantusk. Took almost 10 minutes due to all the misses at lower dagger levels, ended up getting 20ish exp.

Does anybody?

I care, we should all care, if we want the Vanilla experience which undoubtedly we will never see in classic we should care.

Glad its not just me who has experienced this, there’s many things that bug me that I’ve reported yet to see any of them fixed, the thing that annoys me the most is just how simple it is to fix the bugs I’ve found yet nothing seems to get done.

Perhaps my wording could have been better. Yes, it’s great that we are able to have reports on things that are reproducible, like this, so they can be prioritized to either be added to the “not a bug” list or the bug backlog.

This particular issue does not seem to be something that would be high priority.

Have you posted the code to fix it also? How do you know how simple the bugs you’ve found are to fix?

Could post an SQL dump but it won’t be helpful to you. Just trust me that its simple to fix.

1 Like

Oh yeah? With a SQL dump? How is that going to help? Also, how are you going to have access to it?

Please keep the conversation on topic. As i said it won’t help you nor blizzard just understand it is very easy to fix.

I would absolutely love to see the SQL dump

Haha, sure. This is a little off topic isn’t it. However, I’ll definitely ask again if you make claims that a particular bug is “easy” to fix, how you know.

I just understand that for some reason you are pretending to know something.

Working on a server for 5 years has taught me a thing or two. simple as that

You realize you haven’t given any explanation whatsoever. I suppose I don’t know which bugs you’re referring to, so it’s possible that a SQL dump could be helpful.

In any case, you haven’t supported your claim that any of the bugs you’ve reported are or would be easy to fix, nor that you have any idea as to why.

Anyway, that’s off topic, as you’ve pointed out. It’s great that you have reported this bug. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly in this case he’s not wrong, this is from personal experience. Many of these things are simple commands/values changes in one small bit of the coding.

1 Like

He comes to the bug report forum to report a genuine reproducible bug. So you nitpick at a statement, which he rightly so made about how simple and well document this bug is and how it should be fixed by the company whom are the most experienced producers of this genre of game and whom are profiting millions of dollars of our, the customers subscription money.

Is it wrong to question why it is that these bugs are going unfixed for months when we’re all aware of how much of a financial success classic is and the resources they have access to?

To think this is anything other then fixing only what is deemed as completely necessary to increase their bottom line and completely disregarding their customer base in the process is delusional.

You should stop defending this deplorable conduct as it’s people like you to whom to lay part of the blame as companies only do it because fan boys tolerate and defend it.

Certainly, and that part is commendable. Reporting something that is reproducible, and steps to reproduce, greatly helps those who may be working on a resolution to resolve it.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. If I rephrase, it sounds like, “Companies tend to prioritize issues based on priority order.” Is that different from what you mean?

I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing. Software is complex, and bugs are often quite difficult to isolate, and resolve.

See, this is sort of where I’d nitpick. You haven’t added any information that supports your point at all.

Which has what, precisely to do with the complexity of actually resolving the bug, and in this case, perhaps more accurately, has what to do precisely with a(n) SQL dump?

Again, this is quite off topic, and doesn’t need to be discussed at length. The topic of this thread is the actual bug that the OP reported, not the difficulty of resolving another bug (or other bugs) that the OP has reported.

If you must know the SQL dump is the AI for Phase Lashers in DM E that are currently only one phase using parts from 3 of the 5 phases they’re meant to be, I reported this on Healashammy my main a few weeks ago, I reported the creatureID’s from wowhead and the whip lashers model id’s as the creatureid’s aren’t on wowhead. All the information required including spells cast for each phase and what should be correct, it just gets ignored.

For this particular issue you set the mob Tagging/Tapping to original Vanilla/TBC/Wotlk unlike how it currently is Mop+ Its really not that hard of a thing to change, someone gets the tag and bam its theirs forever until the mob is killed or they go out of combat with the original player, This is an extremely important aspect of Mob Tagging/Tapping as currently people can Tag a world boss with 40 people in a raid group, disband and spread the newly applied gear to 1600+ people for one world boss kill, thats 40x loot on world bosses every 3 days. Blizzard deleted the post that was made on the forums after about 15 minutes of it being posted, The improved power word:shield making people completely immune to physical crit damage is the other completely game breaking issue that has been in it for over 3 months with nothing being done, which is simple as their current way to prevent knockback also makes them immune to critical strikes.

Its all very easy to fix they just want to hide and ignore it.

Is that how it was in Vanilla?

1 Like

I’m only talking about the co-efficient for mob tagging blocking you from getting full XP.

yup thats exactly how it was for vanilla, tbc and wotlk. it was changed in mop to be damage % based so multiple people could get loot/quest progress from world bosses and other npc’s. The Sha bosses for example vs Doom Lord Kazzak the Sha bosses in Mop would share loot to anyone who touched it, Doom Lord Kazzak in The Burning Crusade would only give loot to the original group that hit him. This was then later changed in Wod/legion to personal loot so that everyone gets something from everything. Currently its working like a strange fork between Legion and Mop and nothing like Vanilla/TBC/Wotlk.

For example back in Vanilla/TBC/Wotlk i could drag enemies towards guard NPC’s and they would kill the enemy and i would recieve Loot and full exp, currently if you do the same thing now in Classic you get no loot and limited to no exp.

The Tagging/Tapping system is definitely a major concern especially if loot can be spread well over 1600+ people from one enemy NPC.