Almost 100,000 Echoes of Ny'alotha Stolen

Because some people who only play mains has no way of looting echos which would put them really far behind.

I’ll grant you that, but then, did they have to use Echoes for this? Not really.

Of course, they probably shouldn’t have made it so you stop getting Echoes in the first place, when you’ve got all your Essences, but I sadly doubt they were thinking all that far ahead.

Like I can see their reasoning, if I think in their shoes, but it still comes across as a hasty, last-minute solution to a question nobody was really asking. Oh well, more catch-up is always good, even if poorly implemented.

1 Like

sorry about your loss OP.

I had 2 alts that still needed a few rank 3 essences and I had saved up enough to buy 2 for each. Sometimes, when you’re managing alts and busy questing and running around, you tell yourself that you’ll go to the chamber to get those rank 3 essences at a later date. Luckily, I woke up 2 hours before reset time and logged in whereupon people in trade chat mentioned essences going up in price after reset. If, I hadn’t logged in early, I would’ve lost out on being able to purchase those essences and would’ve had to endure another couple weeks of grinding… There really should have been at least a week’s notice telling ppl of the upcoming changes.

And I have no idea why they decided to raise the purchase cost for essences… it should of remained the same price as before, and at this point of the xpac, who cares if everyone running around has rank 3 essences?? Easier acquisition of echoes doesn’t mean essence costs should have been raised as well.

2 Likes

oh, some people care a great deal because they are ‘behind’ their friend, their guildie, their SO, or the guy in China now.

I cant even get past the 24 characters to read the rest really. There are only 12 classes why have 24 characters.

They absolutely SHOULD have reset them to zero, considering mains have been unable to collect echoes for months if you were competent and played all of your specs.

The communications teams must assume you worship the feet of some streamer or spend your free time reading every post on a 3rd party wow site. The only notification I saw, which was covered by the Shadowlands pre-order ad, was in the launcher. This was posted Monday, one day before the change.

2 Likes

It is literally your fault that you don’t go to the forums. The changes were posted on the forums the day before. So now the official forums for the game are some third party WoW site? That’s adorable.

To read cancer like your troll post?

3 Likes

You’re the one whining about the only places it was covered were by streamers and third party sites when it was literally on the game’s official forums. I’m sorry that your argument is laughably foolish, ignorant and not based in any sort of reality. That’s on you though.

no other game requires you to read forums and this one shouldn’t either you unintelligent creature

if they weren’t an indie company they could make a newspaper in the game that would inform you of that, but I guess they are too lazy for that
and as we know, being lazy is a good thing because they rewarded people who were lazy to buy the last few essences and now have insane amounts of echoes stored, few click and they have bis items, while others will have to grind for many weeks, and then waiting even more weeks for the corruption rotation

5 Likes

How did you get your echoes stolen?

Did someone hacked in your account and send the echoes on another account?
Explain me how they did it?

You’ve clearly never played any other games, which is hilariously obvious. You’re the unintelligent little creature in this scenario because you’re whining about something that was warned about ahead of time. Documented changes going to a game, any game, will be on that game’s official forums. Which is where this change was documented. There is no need to expend resources to create an “in-game newspaper” to appease lazy, illiterate children like yourself who would STILL overlook it and then complain about it.

1 Like

yes it is required if it’s going to **** people over, and they should care enough about the community to do that much

2 Likes

Yeah I was bumming too. I even added the currency to my bag on my newly created Hunter so I could track it. It was a pleasant surprise to see you can buy corruption, which I knew was coming just not the when part. Would have been nice if the left the essence things at 500 though.

So you spend your day posting in game forums? How productive. I’m sure your parents are proud.

The only way it screwed anyone over is by not resetting the currency to zero so that people like the OP, alts and mains were all on the same footing, you foolish little troglodyte. That’s the only issue with this new system.

So you spend your day playing video games and whining about virtual currency? I’m sure your parents are equally proud of you.

it screwed people who don’t check forums/wowhead every day over

That’s on them. Maybe they shouldn’t have been hoarding currency in order to just buy up all of the essences at once, especially if they aren’t going to keep current with game news.

and who are you to tell them what they should and shouldn’t do