Almost 100,000 Echoes of Ny'alotha Stolen

I have been gathering Echoes of Ny’alotha on 24 characters for the last month or so, saving them to buy Rank 3 essences when I finally had them available. I have an average of about 1,000 on each of 24 characters, and had the day off today and was planning on going through all of these characters to buy Rank 3 essences on each of them.

Imagine my surprise when I discover that the essences I have been saving up for a month to buy suddenly cost not 500 apiece, but 2,500 apiece. In short, I have worked to save enough to buy 2 rank 3 essences on each of 24 characters, only to have the currency suddenly drop to only one-fifth of its original value literally overnight.

I understand that I can now gather them at 5 times the original rate, but what about the 25,000 that I gathered at the old rate? I now have to farm 100,000 /more/ Echoes just to get back to where I already was last night. This is literally the equivalent of having earned 125,000 Echoes, and suddenly being back at 25,000, with 100,000 stolen.

I’ve been a loyal customer for 15 years, and have never come to the forums to complain, but this is just off the charts, Blizzard. I didn’t complain when my 9,000 Shiny Pet Charms became worthless, because while it felt pretty bad, I hadn’t played in several months and chalked it up to something unavoidable when you’re out-of-the-loop. But this time I’ve been playing your game every single day, and was given got not a single whiff of warning that what I was working on for a month was about to be taken away. Why would you do this? Why would you do such a thing with zero in-game warning, and less than one day of out-of-game warning in the patch notes? With just a bit of notice, I could have spent them all over this past weekend, and would not have had a stockpile that dropped in value by 80% overnight.

This is dirty pool.

55 Likes

They really should have given more notice. They made one post yesterday saying to spend them.

Although, be glad the people complaining on this forum didn’t get their way, they wanted them all reset to 0.

15 Likes

Sorry to hear that.

Must be frustrating to have it all planned out and then all of sudden it all changes.

6 Likes

laugh at multi-boxer….if you check wowhead everyday you would of known of it…….this aside…running 24 chars its pretty much cheating from my perspective being a non-boxer

EDIT: if your that rich may as well hire ppl to run stuff for you while you sleep

25 Likes

I mean he should have known but some people play the game just to play they dont need to keep up with news. Blizzard could have posted something in game over the weekend. That said where is all this multi-boxer talk coming from? He said he had 24 chars not that he boxed with them.

3 Likes

So you’re just being an ahole because hes able to use more money than you?

6 Likes

I’m not a multi-boxer. I play 24 characters one-at-a-time. That was 25,000 Echoes earned at 50 per emissary, one character at a time and 125 per assault, one character at a time.

And I do check Wowhead every day. This wasn’t there until after I was done yesterday, and by this morning the change had been made.

24 Likes

They told us this was going to happen before they did it.

Probably so people who did what you did wouldn’t save them up and buy a bunch of stuff on the first day.

Nothing was “stolen”, stop being dramatic.

6 Likes

At the same time there are those that are ineligible for echos because they have rank 3s already so why should you get ahead of me when I was never allowed to loot any in the first place?

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss man.

If only Blizzard was actually decent with their community engagement… chalk this up to another poor communication.

9 Likes

I dont buy it that your not boxing…I struggle with 8 as a no-lifer for assault weekly…and you rly want to claim your running 24 chars 1 by 1 ?..drinking coffee to the point of risking dying by staying 72 hours up straight every 3 days ?

4 Likes

You know what I love about comments like this? It’s always “I’ve been saving these for months, but when I decided today was the day I would go buy essences I found out…”

Why does it seem too convenient that people like the OP decide to cash in the day the changes are made?

11 Likes

It honestly should have been at least a week’s notice.

20 Likes

Well, that sucks.

Don’t think they’ll be changing anything though, bud.

Arynn : money is a detail factor…its more bout the unfair advantage

Should’ve spent them instead of stockpiling. Never know when values will change.

1 Like

the system changed for the benefit of everyone

those adversely effected are still better off then they were before because now they can buy corruptions

3 Likes

Fairly certain you wouldn’t need rank 3 essences on 24 alts… at least you have some. I probably spent the same amount of time on this toon as your 24 and guess how many echoes I have? I’ll give ya a hint it’s a big round number.

3 Likes

What are you talking about? Stop being so dramatic. I run lots of alts through emissaries daily, too. It took 10 days’ worth of emissaries to get enough echoes to buy one essence. That’s hardly an emergency that merits a panic trip to silithus on every one of them.

We had what, 16 hours of warning? I spent until dawn going through my characters, catching up and buying all I could, only to find that my alts will no longer be able to buy any essences.

I was planning on getting the cloak on 2 more yesterday, but I had this essence project that suddenly came up. I was planning on getting it on the rest of the better geared ones this week. But now? I’m done with this. I’ll just farm gold for the rest of the expansion so the devs can’t kneecap me again to punish me for playing alts.

9 Likes

Please explain what was stolen?

Please explain that you weren’t given notice?

Please explain that this wasn’t expected even without notice?

They were NEVER going to allow you to buy all this stuff on day one.

Don’t be daft.

1 Like