Allow violence and torture but not "the b word"

And they would be right, but that’s not my point.

Claiming Blizzard doesn’t have a backbone because a naughty word was removed is ignoring all the subject matter they have added into the game as well as the content they’ve wanted to add.

Activision has nothing to do with this decision, and the fact that you’re trying to blame them for this is… honestly sad.

There was no retcon.

1 Like

I take issue with frothing reactionaries flailing like lunatics about trivial things and acting like the entire medium is under attack any time something happens that they don’t like. I mean, look at some of the replies in this thread, they’re making it about politics.

Story dev does not like line in game.

Story dev deletes line in game.

The reaction: POLITICS IN MY GAMES REEEE!"

It’s been eight years of this, if not more, and I’m quite frankly sick of it as someone who has been into gaming, sci-fi, and fantasy for decades. I keep waiting for the gaming world to end because of political correctness guys, but so far it hasn’t happened yet.

2 Likes

I have less reason to dislike garrosh if he never said that, that’s a change to me.

Yeah, you’re frothing at criticism.

Dude, I said one thing. I said it’s limiting artistic expression and that it was a fact, as proven that it was artistic expression, that was limited, literally. If that doesn’t fly with you, you can keep getting mad while compensating, I’m sorry. I don’t believe anything further can be gained from this conversation with you, so have a good one.

2 Likes

?? Garrosh wasn’t at the Wrathgate.

Also, that word was an inconsistency within WoW in respect to the dialogue. It was removed. It’s a non-issue.

I think he’s trying to say that the removal of the line is bad because it makes it so that he has one less reason to dislike Garrosh.

Which is splitting so many hairs his own blood elf character would probably strangle him in outrage at his lack of haircare savvy.

1 Like

Are you saying the WRATHGATE wasn’t a retcon? Anyway, as wrong as that is, you get my point anyway.

It wasn’t inconsistent, the change is.

Here’s the thing. IF the dialogue was filled with various characters calling others that word, and then the writers chose to just remove that one. Then yeah, okay, I could see why people would question it. But the simple fact of the matter is that within WoW that word is only used twice.

Once by Garrosh in Silverpine, and once by Godfrey, both in relation to Sylvanas herself.

That’s it. Those are the only two times it has been used within WoW. Beyond that, even when Garrosh got angry at other characters, he never used that word. No other characters referring to Sylvanas used that word, instead preferring to use the term ‘monster’ or other milder insults.

So if all the lines of dialogue in WoW were tiles on a square floor. All the tiles would be white, except for two of them, which are green. Blizzard removed the green tiles and replaced them with white tiles. Everything is consistent.

1 Like

It wasn’t. New information being given to players that expands on an existing event isn’t a retcon.

Sylvanas said she wasn’t involved in the Wrathgate. Turns out she lied, which is what she’s been doing since day 1. Lying to others to get them on her side is something she’s done since the moment she became one of the independent undead back in Warcraft 3 FT.

This is all just looking at the bright side rather than acknowledging the problem.

p obvious here you don’t play horde or care about the actual story

1 Like

What problem? There is no problem.

An inconsistent line was removed. If you think that this is going to ‘get worse’ it won’t, because there really aren’t any other anomalies like this which would prompt a change like the one we’re seeing on the PTR.

we live in the twilight zone where a artical can shut a company down.
cant blame them for worrying xD

Then you wouldn’t feel the need to convince a very large amount of people that it’s not a problem.

I see people like you saying all the time, why are people complaining so much? must be fake outrage right? What if you’re hanging out in the FEEDBACK SECTION.

There are plenty of people here who are two fries short of a happy meal when it comes to language and its restrictions in WoW. A lot of them popping up in this and other threads because their feelings got hurt that a word got removed from some dialogue.

Great, minimalize people’s feelings on a subject in order to invalidate their justification for having feedback.

Perhaps people aren’t as mindless or repetitive as you think they are, you’re just standing around a highway complaining about cars.

By the way, like two weeks to a month ago, you specifically said you ignored me after you ran out of talking points in a debate. Apparently not.

1 Like

Just leaving this here cause Blizz took my likes.

im gana use that. thats golden.

plus it means female dog, is he thinking they are dogs now?!?!
Gosh darn some people these days thinkin women are dogs!

1 Like

Just wait until the modern equivalent of the salem witch trials.

1 Like