Allow people to play both retail & Classic at the same time

I figured the General Forums is a more appropriate place for this since it affects the entire account rather than just Classic.

I think it should be possible to play BFA and Classic at the same time.

I don’t see why you have to close retail to play Classic. In fact it would make the massive Classic queues a lot more bearable and probably encourage a lot more people to try Retail too if it were possible to play both at the same time.

Can we please make this possible? If not, why not?

3 Likes

People can see your guild, run before the pitch forks come out.

2 Likes

Agreed. If you have any decent computer you should be able to run both games no problem. I have 2 monitors. Would love to play both games on my same account at the same time.

1 Like

So you want to AFK in one version while playing the other?

5 Likes

I’d personally like to level in classic and que for PVP/dungeons in Retail. Running to and from in classic takes some time and I’m mostly watching youtube on my second monitor during those times. Instead of watching Youtube I could be running a dungeon or completing a battleground on retail. It’s really that simple.

1 Like

I’m not Blizz so I can’t say this definitively, but there are technical reasons most online games don’t let you sign in with the same account in more than 1 server. It can cause all sorts of mismatched database issues and it has nothing to do with your computers ability to actually run 2 instances of the wow client.

2 Likes

I think the entire point is that Blizz feels you should be doing other things in retail while queueing, not sitting in the city watching YouTube.

1 Like

These days I’m mostly playing classic, but if Blizzard allowed you to be on both Retail and Classic at the same time, i’d be more willing to have Retail open and doing activities while casually questing in classic.

Its rather simple why you can only play one or the other. You are only paying for 1 subscriptions which gives you access to a single licence of the game. Since Retail and Classic share the same sub you can only access one at a time. Want to play both make a new account for classic and pay a second subscription

4 Likes

And there’s the logic! Good point.

1 Like

You can play both. How can you play 2 games at the same time, unless youre planning on botting on one while playing the other.

1 Like

SMH, my logic isn’t wrong. -_-

I didn’t say your logic was wrong. I didn’t even mention you. O.o

But you said Yanmei’s point was good who posted after me, but didn’t mention me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, ignore me. I’m being dumb.

I honestly missed your post, m’dear. I’m sorry.

Uh…you can? You just need two WoW accounts from what I can tell.

1 Like

the whole point of this post is to play on one account. Not worth restarting over/rebuying the game/$15 extra a month. Why be against something that would be beneficial to you, the consumer?

Can you run Two of ANY game at the same time on ONE WoW account?
Not that I can see.
You think classic players should get some added benefit?
If I can run multiple characters on a single WoW account at the same time then yeah…maybe you should be allowed to run two different versions of the game without having to pay for a second WoW account.

Which is why you’ll probably never get it. You’re paying one sub fee for two games as it is.

And Bipzi also has a point— now that I’ve read that post. lol

Until your classic character gets attacked by something and you afk on retail to deal with it. Just makes for more trouble than it’s worth.