Allow people to change specs before BG, thanks

I must be playing against some bad healers then.

1 Like

I can’t speak for that, but if both teams had like 4+ heals it’d be a very bad time for everyone.

1 Like

Don’t think I’ve had a BG go over 4. Most are 2 or 3 on each side

That’s because people can’t switch. We’re discussing if people could and I said it would be awful until they balance healers.

1 Like

If people could switch, like we could back in the day, there would be imbalanced healers. Even if they had healing under control, it would make for a bad situation. Yes, they could code or something but why fix what isn’t broke right now. Sometimes teams are off by 1 healer, but that’s due to a healer not accepting the queue.

If having too many healers was weak it’d be a non-issue as people would avoid that happening. In games that allow role/character changes mid-match like Overwatch do matches ever shift into each team being all Mercy’s or what have you?

And even if it did would the game break and the match lasts 45 minutes like Seething Shore would in that situtation?

1 Like

Are we talking rated bgs now? Never had a random seething shore go that long.

Because you hadn’t run into too many healers. We’re talking in circles here.

1 Like

But are we talking rated or random?

Why does a distinction matter? We’re talking of a hypothetical situation where too many people could switch to heals mid match. So technically we are talking about neither.

1 Like

I didn’t even know we were talking mid match. It shouldn’t even be there before it begins, never mind mid match.

Right and I said neither would be an issue if healing was under control. Circles.

1 Like

mismatched healers are always a problem, which is why the role locking was put in place. 1 healer difference isn’t as much of an issue unless we are talking 1 healer to 0. Considering healers are usually too weak or too strong, there hasn’t been much in between when it comes to heals in pvp.

It all comes down to balancing the “holy trinity” (tank/heal/dps) in PVP, which of course is probably not going to happen but we’re just talking hypotheticals.

1 Like

Well, hypothetically speaking sure, being able to switch would be ideal. They had this for a while though and it didn’t work.

Was the holy trinity wildly out of balance in PVP at that time? I’m guessing it was.

1 Like

Seems I wasn’t far off from how healing power feels. Their staying power just got nerfed.

Some heals have nontrivial control abilities, too.

They did that. People complained. So they disallowed it.

In The 40 mans i often change from dps to tank… as usually most avs lately have 0 or 1 tank