Allow people to change specs before BG, thanks

and if you have no PVP talents chosen when you enter a match let you select them even if the match has already started

Uh… you can switch specs before a bg.

As long as you’re not switching from a DPS spec to a healing spec, or vice versa, since that would obviously mess with their “equal healers on each team” algorithm.
Hell you can even change to or from a tank spec to a dps spec, just not healer.

trolling or nah?

You can change specs, but not role. So, if you queue as a DPS, you switch to another DPS spec.

You can even switch roll, as long as it’s not DPS to healer or vice versa.

You absolutely can switch from a DPS to a tank, I did it last night on my DK. Hell you can even do that in rated bgs, do it all the time on my DH when i have to FC.

It really is just about the healers.

I think if one team has more healers then the other, the team at a disadvantage should be able to swap from dps to healer to even things out. As soon as the numbers are even, it won’t allow switching anymore though.

2 Likes

What if 2-3 switch at the same time? They allowed switching dps to healer roles at one point which caused imbalances. At least now they can match heals based on who queued as one with roles locked.

Tomes work during random BG’s. Buy some off the AH. I use them all the time in randoms. Grab the WSG flag, and completely respec yourself as you’re running down the tunnel.

I’m sure they can code it to lock the instant it is even. I picture people trying to all swap at once being close to the “same time”, but not indistinguishable.

If they had healing properly under control it’d be a non-issue. Having too many healers should mean you lack the DPS to get anything done but it hasn’t worked out that way.

1 Like

What do you mean by this? Are you saying healing is too powerful?

A little bit yes. Plus some can do some very good dps. Having too many heals wouldn’t be a disadvantage and it should be.

1 Like

I must be playing against some bad healers then.

1 Like

I can’t speak for that, but if both teams had like 4+ heals it’d be a very bad time for everyone.

1 Like

Don’t think I’ve had a BG go over 4. Most are 2 or 3 on each side

That’s because people can’t switch. We’re discussing if people could and I said it would be awful until they balance healers.

1 Like

If people could switch, like we could back in the day, there would be imbalanced healers. Even if they had healing under control, it would make for a bad situation. Yes, they could code or something but why fix what isn’t broke right now. Sometimes teams are off by 1 healer, but that’s due to a healer not accepting the queue.

If having too many healers was weak it’d be a non-issue as people would avoid that happening. In games that allow role/character changes mid-match like Overwatch do matches ever shift into each team being all Mercy’s or what have you?

And even if it did would the game break and the match lasts 45 minutes like Seething Shore would in that situtation?

1 Like

Are we talking rated bgs now? Never had a random seething shore go that long.

Because you hadn’t run into too many healers. We’re talking in circles here.

1 Like