Allow full visage form

I seriously wish they would.

2 Likes

In Deaths of Chromie I donā€™t seem to remember Chromie having to pop out of her Gnome form to do her magic spells.

IDK, DHā€™s can fly up with wings that sprout out of nowhere and shoot disintegration voodoo out of their eyeballs. Same concept.

Notably as a human I am unable to shoot chaos voodoo from my eyes, but thatā€™s what magic is for.

1 Like

But DHs have the wings. Visage doesnā€™t. And eye beam absolutely makes sense, seeing as how their eyes are literal balls of fel magic.

It isnā€™t.

1 Like

Why do you want to play as a dragon but not play as a dragon?

That isnā€™t intended as a glib question. Iā€™m legitimately curious. I certainly wouldnā€™t touch Warrior if the physicality theme did not appeal to me, nor the Shaman if the Elements were boring, nor Paladin if I just didnā€™t like that Holy zealot vibe. And I certainly wouldnā€™t ask for versions in which that inherent theme was gutted from them.

1 Like

Agree to disagree.

Archmage Krasus certainly does.

Personally I have no skin in this game, Iā€™ll deal with swapping back and forth from the visage form without complaint, but ā€“

1. You can only play the new class if you play the new race; and
  2. the visage form is chock full of new and interesting visuals and customizations separate from the dragon form.

So Iā€™m not sure why this is confusing for anybody.

2 Likes

Because literally everything about it - from the models, to the animations, to the gameplay, is centered around dragons. Those new and interesting visuals are draconic, even if on the visage form.

Does the pure, numerical gameplay look interesting enough to overcome someoneā€™s distaste of dragons enough to justify asking for those thematics to be optionally ignored? In this case, I would presume that the aesthetics are inconsequential to this type of player, and would thus not matter.

I mean, people are asking for it, so there has to be a reason. I just legitimately want it explained to me, because I do not understand it at all.

1 Like

Yeah but thereā€™s a really big difference between draconic-themed on a very humanoid model, and dragon-dragon on a very dragon model. Some people are very, very invested in aesthetics.

Not me so much, but some people.

Also lbr tons of people like to try a new class just because itā€™s new buttons and new skills and new things to learn and do.

1 Like

I canā€™t imagine itā€™d be difficult to provide alternative visuals for spells when in Visage form. Flying into the air to breathe fire on foes? Just float into the air and conjure the head of a dragon to breathe fire for you, much like Fire Mages already do, just on the ground.

Counter point-allow full Dracthyr form and let transmog show on them

This is the crux of my confusion: if that is your preference, why not play a Fire Mage that is infinitely more suited to your preference?

I am one of those people, so Iā€™m constantly chirping about adding more transmog options for the dragon form. But againā€¦ dragon form is the class fantasy. I want that to be improved. If I just wanted to be an Elf in mail, Hunters are waiting for me. If I want to be an Elf caster? Mage, Priest, Warlock, Druid, and so on. Iā€™m not going to roll a Priest and complain that I canā€™t hit things with a big sword.

1 Like

I mean, full Dracthyr form is already a possibility with the latest build. You can be a dragon riding a dragon now, if you so choose.

I agree, Dracthyr should also be allowed to wear items for transmog. Even if its restrictive as what Mechagnomes have to live with, that should still be an option.

Do Fire Mages have a healing spec?

But ā€¦ none of those classes are Evokers. None of those classes have any of the new Evoker skills or talents or passives ā€¦

Priests do. Druids do. Paladins do. Monks do. Shamans do. All are options if dragons arenā€™t your thing. I still do not see the appeal of Evoker - and inherently draconic class - if you arenā€™t interested in playing as a dragon. It strikes me as self-flagellation.

1 Like

So it is purely numeric/gameplay? Then why do aesthetics matter?

1 Like

You keep missing the point that Dragons do not always choose to look like dragons, even when fighting. That is part of their racial fantasy.

Why youā€™re quite so obsessed with others wanting the freedom to choose which form they fight in is something that I donā€™t understand. Why do you feel the need to control what others do?

Why does it have to be ā€œnumericā€ to want to try the new class? Itā€™s about the new shiny thing, and people not wanting to have to play a big beastly dragon 24/7 in order to try out the new shiny toys.

I donā€™t think you actually want to understand. Weā€™ve already told you the answer. Now youā€™re just like, trolling or something to continue this argument? Idek.

Iā€™m not missing the point - Iā€™m simply not providing responses that you like. Again, I ask: what is wrong with playing as Human Mage as a Dragon in Human form if the core fantasy that youā€™re chasing is dragon that canā€™t be identified as a dragon?

An no need to turn a discussion into ad hominem.

1 Like

Not at all. For example, I tried out Demon Hunter, and I actually enjoyed the gameplay, but the demonic theme just wasnā€™t for me. So I donā€™t play it. I donā€™t ask for a way to hide my glowing eyes and prevent my transformation and whatever else guts the inherent fantasy of the class. I simply play something else.

1 Like

How about no
You can set your character to return to visage form instantly upon leaving combat or landing after using soar thatā€™s good enough

1 Like