Allied Race Unlock...really?

I use Zygor Guides to help me do almost everything in the game.

I decided to take my level 57 Gnome Priest to try and unlock the Kul Tiran race.

I followed my guide and managed to complete a 50 step quest line. I did a ton of quests.

Now my guide tells me I have to complete Lore Master of all the zones.

I unlocked Void Elf with about 10 quests. I have about 3 hours invested in the current quest line.

I starting to think this is not worth the effort.

Thoughts? Stopping the use of the guide is not an option.

Has your guide been updated for this patch? Other than the questline (since you’re already a high enough level), you shouldn’t have any other obstacles to getting it.

5 Likes

As long as you have a level 40 character on the account, all requirements have been removed. All you need to do is go to the Embassy and run the scenario.

7 Likes

Yep, Updated them yesterday. Updated them again a few minutes ago. Nothing has changed.

I know but you have do a scenario for each race.

Yep I know but this is starting to get ridiculous have to do all this for one race.

What a pain.

Sounds like you’re not getting your money’s worth with that guide. Lol

4 Likes

Oh to the contrary . The guide is well worth the money I paid for it. I have a question into the developers about this.

All the allied race unlock in this patch did was change the requirements needed to get the allied race scenario.

Forgot where it was mentioned but it did not remove the need to do the scenario and is working as intended.

2 Likes

Yes. It takes like 5 or 10 minutes. They said the requirements were removed, not the quest scenarios.

2 Likes

Something you only EVER need to do ONCE because it is account wide, is not worth it?

1 Like

Clearly not. Since it’s wrong.

This question was answered in CS. A ticket won’t change it.

I am not thrilled. but I will do the KT bit. for the druid forms!

IT won’t be that bad I hope.

I once tried the old way. And instead of using lfd like a sane person I took my dh on that many minute walk to the prison dungeon start for part 1 (no flight path there to start off with was turned on). I wanted to solo that.

There is a “sandbar” to the prison island to walk through water to get there.

and that walk on the sandbar under the ocean to the prison did suck. Self induced pain since I chose to solo I know…lol.

This, hopefully, won’t be worse than that.

Much like I always stated, I’ve done it ALL when the Allied Races were JUST new. I was easily prepared for it, got all the Exalted Reputations done for them, had done all of the campaign questlines associated. Perhaps back then it wasn’t bad because many of us had the moment to do that before they became playable.

Then of course came lightening up the criteria, no longer needing reputation, just the campaign completion associated with the race. Some being easier than others but far more doable and extremely less tedious and yet people complained about that while those who were around since the start shook their heads.

Now you no longer need to do the campaign questline and can go straight to do the quests that unlocks them and people are still upset about it. Over something you only, and ever only, do once for each allied race.

Sure, they could just outright unlock them right the start but this is what we have, for now. Some people just don’t like putting effort for some weird reason. Regardless of how much they loosen it, its easily better than how it was before it. Best to get it done and be happy with what you earned because there’s folks who done it the hard way.

2 Likes

Thoughts? You’re being scammed.

Your guild is wrong I skip BfA and dont have Loremaster for any of them zones
I have unlock void elves, KTs, vulpura, mag’har orc, nightborne and the lightforged dreanei
I have highmountain tauren unlock alrdy( I did quest in highmountain zone when I did Legion expansion)
The vulpura was probably the most annoying due to having to kill 300 mobs with other people doing the same thing
The KT worst part was the traveling
All others were pretty easy

Not really …

Quest scenario is meant to help immerse players into the race’s story.
And it’s not even that long for each race. Not to mention, you get a mount with the allied race; so if it’s really that gruelling – Just think of it as a mount questline.

I use Zygor too.

Some of the content is a bit off but the overall help has made it really good to catch up. IMO allied races were never really hard after they removed the reputation requirement and got most of the questing done anyway for Loremaster.

Those are my thoughts anyway, but I admit I’m the type to find enjoyment in doing the storyline of each expansion on each character.

I hope you mean the developers of the guide and not the developers of the game, because as of Patch 10.1.5, your guide is wrong.

You do not need all of those things to unlock allied races anymore.

You just need to complete the Allied Race Scenario for the race you want to unlock. To do that, you need a level 40 character of the correct faction for the race you want to unlock.

That’s it.

I completed all of my Horde Race unlocks in about an hour.

What year is this?

And lol paying for a guide that’s wrong. Get rekt.

4 Likes

it takes like 20 minutes…

be thankful you didnt have to do the rep grind.

5 Likes

KT brings the good old days when things made sense.

Do I get to take on horde goes the outrigger captain.

Yes.

then sign me up.

I did not have the heart to tell her how the future goes.

Side note for all the people who have never been back here since, well, bfa.

You get BFA flight quest turn on that first visit back. so its a 2 for 1 special.