Allied race: San'layn

High elves aren’t addicted to light.

Yet.

1 Like

Exactly…

Likely worth noting Moonwells put out arcane energy, not nature energy. Night Elves are not particularly addicted to anything these days.

1 Like

Allow me to join the “please god no more elves” part of the discussion.

Elf saturation is a constant problem with EVERY RPG, and WoW’s already at its limit. We do NOT need an elf for every occasion, an elf for every environment, an elf for every fashion - we do not need goth elves or steampunk elves or Rockabilly elves (…well… maybe…)

5 Likes

So, we need more elves to complete the cosmic chart? Instead of expanding the lore and implementing new races/other “more wanted” races (ogres, broken)?

Seems a bit much.

1 Like

This doesn’t really fit.
Night elves, though skilled with nature magic, and somewhat imbued with it, they don’t seem to have the same relation to it as other elves do to other magics. That, and high elves don’t really have all that much to do with the light, at least any more than Blood Elves these days.

Really there’s another hole in this, as there isn’t any shamanistic kind of Elf, or any elf associated with spirit magic (the unofficial seventh power among greater cosmic magics). While it’s not needed for this theory to work, it definitely would’ve made it more believable.

1 Like

Yep.

Who said anything about instead?

Ogres aren’t an AR, and Broken aren’t more wanted than San’layn.

They need to make it fit.

1 Like

If the glove does not fit, then people need to stop asking for more elves.

We do NOT need more elves, it just shows how utterly dead blizzard is creatively if they add more. I never got the obession people have with elves, they’re just glorified pretty humans with pointy ears.

3 Likes

Sure, all those other ones are. But these ones are VAMPIRES.

Too late.

Yikes.

I wouldn’t use the forums as a gauge for what players want.

No, you’d rather use…what exactly? Your personal opinion?

I’m not saying the forums are a great gauge but…I don’t think you have a better one, since you didn’t even bother to say what it was.

The only good elves in modern fantasy/sci-fi are the Drow and the Dunmer. The pretty, Tolkien copy+paste elf has been done so many times now it’s just bland and boring.

I’d much rather get something different like Ogres, Mok’nathal, or some more bestial races.

I, quite obviously, am not claiming to have the answers. A niche corner of these forums is desperate for darkfallen elves. Reddit, whose population eclipses that of the aforementioned corner, wants ogres (among others).

1 Like

Well the San’layn aren’t that, so I don’t see your issue here.

1 Like

An elf is going to be a night elf derivative or a high elf derivative. There’s not really any room for any new “brands” of elf, unless it’s from another world. But I don’t want to give Blizzard any ideas.

In terms of implementation without making yet another elf Allied Race, they could fall under the Forsaken umbrella, using all the same racials and whatnot, but just reskin the Cannibalize ability to something like “Exsanguinate” where they drain the blood from a humanoid/undead body instead of munching on it.

Though it might be a programming nightmare to tie racial abilities to customization options, but that’s my idea. Click an option, and it swaps the Forsaken model to that undead-looking blood elf one.

Maybe come up with some lore excuse to them being depowered compared to NPC san’layn who are teleporting around in splashes of blood and messing with the minds of the living. Maybe something to do with the shattering of the Helm of Domination.

lightforged undead like calia!

As cool as that would be, I thought it would be better to give Forsaken players an elf race that has the same themes as forsaken than a forsaken race that has none of the same themes as Forsaken.

2 Likes

calia is going to be the racial leader therefore lightforged forsaken is something related to them.