Allied race requests; Some of these don't make sense

I guess that’s what threw me off…I could have sworn I saw a screenshot somewhere of her with her gun wearing some Maldraxxi armor…I’ve seen one of the spider-ladies with a name that made me think of her…that must have been her then.

I had to go find it as I was remembering him having the full experience
" While experimenting with the druids’ shape-shifting abilities, Malfurion discovered the lupine Pack Form. However, its feral nature was far too much for him to control, and Malfurion lost himself to rage, even going so far as to attack Cenarius. The demigod healed Malfurion’s anger by forcing him to slumber beneath the great tree Daral’nir, within the Emerald Dream. From that point, Malfurion banned all of his students from using the Pack Form, but despite his efforts a sect calling themselves the Druids of the Pack appeared."

Now having night elven worgen teaching gilnean worgen to control it, and himself having been cured…even more so than the others. I think it’d be a great option to add. I’d quite like to see full wolf based druid forms instead of the half wolf cat things the gilneans got.
Just let them be options the gilneans could learn as well. More durid forms is definitly something that needs to be added regularly.

Malfurion didn’t get to experience the hybrid form that was blessed by Elune but not Goldrinn, so the easy fix is just having Goldrinn tie into the introduction quest and giving his blessing this time, which could help them control their rage and such.

It’d also be a good time to allow Goldrinn’s blessing to bestow a tail for those wanting it too. There is precedence.

Nice, the island expedition quest where you take the item back to the druid in Moonglade also confirms the feral ones you encounter are night elves.

1 Like

She is Kearnen the Blade or Kearnen of Blades now. Which now that I think of it… is a bit odd, I recall her giant sniper rifle during a quest in Westfall. But she was part of SI:7 so I imagine she is skilled with an array of weaponry.

2 Likes

Lost himself to the rage. I see.

Not quite the cursed form yet but definitely more or less the same issue,

Yeah don’t see why given the new agility to fully return the mind we wouldn’t release the Night Elven Worgen.

Gods yes please.

That would work. I especially like the option for a tail for Worgen.

I know many want that.

Oho! Now that is interesting!

1 Like

Honestly, all of these make more sense than Void Elves and Lightforged.

Just my never ending thread reminder that Lightforged and Void elves being the allied races we got for Alliance because “It’s hard to think of Alliance Allied Races” was the dumbest thing…

BECAUSE HIGH ELVES AND BROKEN DRAENEI WERE RIGHT THERE.

Y’ALL ROBBED ME BLIZZARD.

Not to mention (And I do love them so please know it’s not from hate) that We were ROBBED of Kelfin and Vulpera are great but the lesser of the two.

2 Likes

Shadowlands has convinced me that “making sense” isn’t really a pre-requisite for something being added to the game at this point in time.

Oh! I love the Kelfin! One of my top picks!

2 Likes

1: Because People want Vampire Elves and they are cool.

2: People want Buffalo Tauren for alot of reasons.

3: There’s never been a Snake People and People want Animal Races.

4: Cat People isn’t Random.

5: Because people like Brown Bears.

1. Ogres. They’re too bulky, too large, and on the whole, too stupid.

While yes, maybe not so relevant in today’s expansion but if I do remember back in Wotlk, there was an actual quest that brought them into the horde, although it’s been 10 years I can’t remember honestly how exact, I am going off memory here :joy:… but could be why there was and is an actual ask for them. Visually they are a little more different to Tauren though… could be good for further customisations.

Something else I’ve thought would be pretty cool is to pair them with Satyr for the horde.
Could have some remnants left over from Legion or Ashenvale too that are looking for allies, have the horde encounter them and since they’ve a similar past, allow them to join up.

Both Night Elven Worgen and Satyr could have druid as an option. Satyr using the nightmare styled druid forms as default. Could have Satyr be warlocks as well.

And if they ever expanded the Demon hunter races, Satyr would be an interesting option.
I’d still like to see playable naga and broken, which are both already part of the Illidari. Throw in some fel orcs and man’ari as well.

Kelfin and a mix of Ankoan/Jinyu would be a great pair to introduce for both sides.
I’d quite like naga playable. Either use the idea of a sect that broke off from Azshara to worship Elune once again, or some such.

Lol, power went out while typing that due to storms…

No reptile race of any sort!

I’ve kinda thought Nightborn wereManaSaberon would be a fun race. Some mage get creative after seeing some regular saberon, make his own “curse” like the worgen but making them transform into humanoid Mana Saberon.

I’d love playable naga. I’m hoping with Azshara “gone” the Naga will be directionless enough to try and make amends.

Yep:

Here’s hoping Alliance gets Maldraxxi Skeletons, Sylvari, Not-Ascended Aspirants, Ankoan, Jinyu and Sethrak while Horde get Venthyr, Forest Trolls, Ogres, Naga, Kelfin, and Arakkoa.

Same here. After seeing the ones from the raid all decked out in plate…I’d so like to play one. Had already wanted to play one before that, but more so now.
Even the Sea Elven WereSnakes was a cool concept, I’d play one of those too! (Naz’dorei concept on mmo-champ)

A reflooded instance of Naz’jatar with some vendors and such would make a pretty cool aquatic hub for underwater races or others that are visiting. If it was some sect of Elune worshipping Naga…a hub village in moon lit shallows somewhere would look real neat. Have rays of moonlight shining down through the water illuminating things.

I wonder if the screenshot I’d seen was just some player done up to look like her original human form. shrugs
Reading on that link…she dies during the legion order class missions? Rogue is one of the ones I’ve yet to do.

I dunno, the winged females are total babes =P
Some reason I’d more likely play one of those than the dudes. Really liked the design.
I still wish Demon hunters had an option for always visible wings.

I wonder if they fixed the mission Obliterate animation for when using the necro-nom-i-nom toy to play as one. I was doing it on my death knight and they’d T-pose when I’d obliterate. Doesn’t make any sense as the animation exists.

At the part of the war campaign where the Horde dive after the corpses to raise. Next to the main boat, you’re on there’s another boat staffed by San’lyan. But this is extremely easy to miss as a Horde player, only reason I found out is because I love looking around.
But they don’t really play any part in the story at all no.

I’ve explained this in my thread, Gnomest, which you’ve been in before. Just as an apparent reminder, here it is.

They make just as much sense as any other Allied Race, including Kelfin, thank you very much.

And to further emphasize my point, this is a thread that delves into many of the questions and concerns brought up by other players from ends that are very loose right now, yet still, from them not being resolved in Battle for Azeroth.

I don’t necessarily see the problem with requesting a race I’ve been wanting to see added for years, and I don’t see the “IT’S JUST ANOTHER ELF” as an excuse not to, because I can pull that card on everyone else asking for certain allied races at this point, as in "No one wants another [insert monster-like feature here] race, or et cetra.

I do not, however, because I would like to see all AZEROTH/LIVING PLANE races as playable that people have been requesting, so I don’t challenge when one comes up like ogres, sethrak, saurok, kelfin, taunka, furbolg, et cetra, because the game is always evolving and people are allowed to want and request what they will. Especially since yes, it does make sense for all of the above, because all of the above express free will.

If we can have void elves from out of the blue as playable, and Mah’gar from a literal other timeline out of nowhere, then we can have any of those listed.

Already bloody explained above, but we can play the “I don’t know why people want them” card where there are people on a regular basis requesting San’layn here & on twitter.

People have been asking for these for a long while, they are already a part of the Horde, they have unique lore people enjoy from Northrend that I’m not getting into because they aren’t something I know much about, but at least I can understand the appeal people have for them.

Point (1), correct, you do speak for “nobody”, as in you don’t speak for Alliance players in just yourself, so no, we’re not ‘being honest here’. From my experience, and I’m speaking from mine and not in fact FOR PEOPLE, I’ve seen MANY Alliance players support Sethrak, thank you.

Point (2), you make a point to absolutely love mechagnomes on a regular basis, so I don’t know where this came from other than to outright try and fail to put them down. Not to mention, what you said is entirely subjective. I just don’t understand this card in particular, ‘the mechagnomes of [x]’. Technically speaking, since you love them so much, you’re prasing them then…? So what is it that you don’t understand about people loving them?

We had a Saberon in the garrison, not to mention, once again, they are a race with free will, and some escaped the portal into the Barrens. It’s not that much of a stretch to formulate a coherent story. If they can bring mechagnomes/void elves out of literal nowhere, they can craft stories. And yes, mechagnomes were brought out of nowhere, at least the form we see them in now.

See pretty much every point above.

Honestly? This is just a thread in very bad taste. I would go as far to call it another anti-thread when people otherwise have been respectful to each other when talking about allied races. I’m not going off and spamming thread creation against things I do not want to see playable, and merely bring it up when I see a thread pop up regarding them, leave my opinion, and go away. I have 0 interest in Shadowlands races and do not want to see them playable, but I’m not going to play pretend and be like “I DONT GET WHY PEOPLE WANT THIS” or “IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE”. I’ll point out why, in lore, I do not see it happening, and why I don’t want to see it happen, but I at least understand that Blizzard can throw curveballs and don’t deal in definites or 'no’s.

This is playing the “I don’t know card” when you very well know. I would understand if this was by a random poster, but by someone who has been in those threads and currently is in active in some of them… really?

I get not wanting any of those mentioned, but just be honest and don’t dance around with all of this utter nonsense. Flat out, say, “I am not interested in these being playable, and that is my opinion”. Rather than: “I DoNt GeT WhY OtHeR PeOpLe WaNt ThIs” or “ThIs DoEs NoT MaKe SeNsE” when it’s spelled out in the threads you’ve been in as to why. I am very forward with what I am not interested in being added to the game, and I appreciate people being straight up honest with not wanting what I want while not being rude. I might disagree with them, but that’s life. (Of course, I’d prefer most people to not flat out slander/be incredibly rude to those who do want them, as I don’t exhibit such behavior toward others who want certain things I do not, I merely point out why I dislike concepts/the race. ) I don’t accept games like this, especially when people try to spread misinformation about lore & speak in definites where there are no definites.

Edit: To further add about the San’layn, people are talking ‘definites’ when there was no confirmation anywhere of ‘extinction’ or ‘the last of them being wiped out’. That’s hogwash, flat out, and anyone that subscribes to it is being ridiculous. You’re headcanoning lore at that point. It is an objective fact that nowhere in the Alliance chain did they say “We completely wiped out all of the remainder of the San’layn and their leaders”.

Not to mention? Dreven came out of literal nowhere, so who turned him? Did he exist back in Wrath? If he did, there could be any number of Blood Princes walking around–including the two STILL MISSING since Wrath, Theraldis and Atherann. Was he turned recently? Many still applied. There were San’layn neophytes meaning new San’layn were being made at that time. There were Vampirates in Legion, with the vampyr curse (same as San’layn). So no one can bloody come at me with ‘all of them are dead and they can’t make more’ especially since pre-patch Shadowlands showed them, with other Lich King bosses, being ressurected many times over.

6 Likes

I think it’s pretty equal at the moment, Draka and Olgra from the Horde and Morgraine and Kearnen from the Alliance.
Still I’m personally not a big fan of afterlife races joining the living factions. But I’d be all for an skeleton race not from Maldraxxus.

Funny how Morgraine and Kearnen are both more famous than Mankirk’s Wife is.

If it ain’t ogres for Horde it’s WRONG.

1 Like

And you’d be wrong. Sethrak are insanely popular among the Alliance.

Furbolgs were the original 4th race for the Alliance planned for WoW. But they got scrapped cause the devs decided the Horde should have the “monstrous” races, and gnomes were added despite only appearing a couple times in past warcrafts with almost no lore.

1 Like

3 Likes