Allied Race "Leak": Could it be Sethrak?

I don’t see how. They were addicts just like belves were.

5 Likes

I guess it would be neat if Horde finally got Sethrak but I wouldn’t hold my breath on it.

I just wish Horde had Ogres. Ogres don’t even need male/female options just make single/double head choice.

1 Like

Seriously, i think just about everyone would roll at least one Murloc toon. Sethrak, not so much.

1 Like

I don’t mean they surprised people by going horde, rather that they became an alllied race at all. They were a little too central to the story line, kind of like how we could ally with the frostwolves but not the iron horde… they had a large presence.

3 Likes

I vaguely recall a few threads mocking Vulpera the same way, and now they’re one of the most popualr factions in-game.

There’s nothing “silly” about Sethrak, they’d be an awesome addition.

Edit: The fact that Horde got a new race (blah blah blah existing skeleton, no one cares) and Alliance got… another type of gnome, was really stupid.

5 Likes

I’m still convinced we’re getting an allied race. To people saying that Blizzard would have said something by now I think the latest patch proved that wrong. They kept the DR customizations and new story lines completely underwraps until the day of release. I think that was a trial run for keeping things a secret going forward, which I think is a good thing because I like the thought of the story being a real surprise the day it’s released.

Anyways, we have close to a year or maybe more until the xpac is released so I think an allied race plus all the other stuff coming in season 4 will be their way of trying to keep us busy. The remaining skeletons are:

Worgen - Saberon or Sehtrak
Undead - Skinny KT or LF Undead
Human - Fleshy undead like Nathanos?
Kul Tiran - Half Ogres
Pandas - ???

On the other hand, the leak that happened three days prior to the announcement didn’t get everything right. They misspelled the new class (which is a nothing mistake) but there being dragon covenants was wrong. Maybe whomever this person is seen the new DR customization and thought that was an allied race. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Most of them did, but there was one faction of them who didn’t mess with the Vulpera. It’s been a minute since I did those quests, but I think they were called the “faithless”. I could see them being an option for an AR, but honestly, and this is just me, I’d rather get Tuskarr than Setherak. Nothing wrong with Setherak, just like me some Tuskarr.

I would not be upset if Alliance got either Sethrak or Saberon even though I’d love to have both on the Horde and trade them Vulpera.

As far as Mok’nathal for Horde would be a dream come true for me. They are my most wanted playable race. Unfortunately, it would not sit well with me if Mok’nathal became playable before Ogres, which is my second most wanted race and the one I still don’t understand why we still do not have it in game.

And Mok’nathal could always be an AR of Ogres in the future, but I can’t see it being the reverse. Plus, some players have infromed me on the forums that not enough time has passed in-game for us to have playable Mok’nathal. We could get an AU Mok’nathal but I prefer MU Mok’nathal to AU Mok’nathal.

Another race for Horde, my third most wanted, would be Forest Trolls. Again, still no Ogres or Forest Trolls and they are core races. Ogres more so than Forest Trolls in my mind since Ogres came from Draenor/Outland and Trolls are from Azeroth if I’m not mistaken.

3 Likes

Why would time have anything to do with it?

There’s been an entire village of Mok’Nathal in Outland since BC. It’s been over a decade since they’ve been around. It can’t a numbers issue, as an entire village of Mok’Nathal is a heck of a lot more numbers than whatever Void Elves are bragging about.

3 Likes

I agree but I think they were talking along the lines of player characters having been the offspring of those Mok’nathal and not actually any of them. Blizz and their lore recently could make something up for us.

EDIT: Aren’t Void Elves just made by opening a void portal and pulling one out? Seriously don’t know where they came from even though I unlocked them. Probably should’ve paid more attention during that questline. Could always go to Wowhead and reread it I guess.

1 Like

But… why would they have to be the offspring of Mok’Nathal? I’m… not understanding the gatekeeping of whoever this person is.

2 Likes

I have no clue. I think they, there were multiple players against Mok’nathal, were under the impression that that village was not populated enough to justify seeing a large number of playable Mok’nathals running around. If it was along some other train of thought I couldn’t tell you.

It was an old thread that I’m not even sure is still around. I’ll have to look for it and see if I can cut and paste their reply. I just didn’t want to argue with them at that time since I did go into their thread and already had a back and forth convo with them.

2 Likes

So it was a numbers thing. Once more, I direct whoever these people were to Void Elves. The sheer existence of Void Elves makes numbers pointless as a barrier to adding any race as playable.

3 Likes

You are my favorite elf. :+1:

2 Likes

Mok’nathal might be easier to add first simply because Rexxar is using a very similar rig to the male Kul’tiran, so using that idea, they already have a rig to base the female Mok’nathal on, female Kul’tiran. As much as most want Ogres first, it would require a new rig to be built. I could see a way in which they use Mok’nathal to lead to Ogres, either way though, both need to come eventually, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

Clearly the only correct answer to save WoW is gnolls.

4 Likes

Goblins are just humans that are smaller but green

3 Likes

Are we really still grasping at straws over the future of this race? Over us getting any race as a pre-order bonus before it’s confirmed?

I would prefer this to them making us take a detour back to Vol’dun just to recruit a race that was relevant for that one zone and more than likely would stay irrelevant for the rest of DF.

…That was the Devoted. The Faithless were the ones who enslaved them, and the whole reason they got that moniker was that they stopped honoring their loa, which directly led to them becoming an antagonistic faction. People here really can’t remember much about anything that happened in that zone beyond the Alliance setting up their foothold and later attacking the vulpera’s caravans, can they?

1 Like

I would embrace Sethrak as an allied race - I think they would be a fun fit for the Alliance. But unfortunately I don’t really see it happening, and I think the most likely allied race in the cards right for Dragonflight pre-order is Tuskar.

1 Like

It has to be an Alliance-race. They have no race diversity in 2022 and most of these allied races are super unpopular.