Alliance PSA - Don't contribute to Darkshore this weekend

As per Ion’s post here: What's Changing (and Not!) in Season 2

If warfront contributions for Darkshore are complete before the launch of Season 2 next Tuesday then Alliance will go an entire cycle without updated ilvl drops.

Contributions will open up on Saturday morning. The longer it takes to fill the bar, the better chance there is at actually receiving up-to-date gear rewards and not having to wait another month before the drops update.

TL;DR - don’t contribute to Darkshore warfront this weekend, get higher level items at next week’s reset.

Quick edit - the bar definitely fills on its own, but it fills slower without contributions. Gotta slow it down enough that the flip doesn’t happen until just after the weekly reset next Tuesday.

52 Likes

Inb4 tons of horde go contribute on their alliance alts lolol.

35 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised. But Alliance doesn’t have to help.

Easy enough, just don’t donate resources this weekend.

3 Likes

Since the contribution bar fills up passively on it’s own over time (albeit slower than if the faction contributes) you are correct that allies dont have to contribute :smiley:

6 Likes

Yes, it’s also kind of a jackass move on Blizzard’s part not to just move the bar slower since they have the final control over it.

17 Likes

It autofills, if everyone dont contribute at all it will be up in 4 days.

6 Likes

Glances towards Alliance alt and sweats

9 Likes

4 days would be fine, since that would take it through Wednesday.

5 Likes

ion screwing over alliance. like that’s never happened before. wait a minute, you don’t have to be alliance to be screwed by ion, it just helps.

28 Likes

I think you assume that much of that contribution is actual player contributions… I have always felt there is an inevitable increase that we can only “help along” - the devs wouldn’t want it to actually stop, cuz then we’d realize people aren’t playing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hm, it’s almost like a cycle, where Horde got first crack at Arathi, Alliance got first crack at Darkshore, and here we are again with Horde getting first crack at Darkshore after it’s been increased.

Will the cycle repeat? Find out on the next episode of Dragonball Z.

7 Likes

You’re definitely right. It fills eventually on its own anyway.

Just can’t help it fill any faster… basically if we can get more than 3 days for the contribution time then the cycle will drop useful gear.

3 Likes

They should just avoid any controversy and have it reset mid-Tuesday automatically.

Remember, this also effects Horde while doing the world boss and getting loot from rares, so it’s not just an Alliance thing.

18 Likes

Ok, so that kind of jack up. Why not just make it next level… Kind of like hey. We seeing that you out gearing our time table. It time to step in and jack it up.

Seems to me like its all timer based whether people contribute or not.

1 Like

Mostly, yes. It has a little bit of swing though. Alliance just needs to hold off on contributions to drag it out as long as possible so that when it does flip, it’s after the weekly reset.

2 Likes

I rarely ever contribute on either side. It auto cycles anyhow. And really only use warfronts for the one time quest.

Would rather have the mats and such for myself.

1 Like

They should just remove the progress bar and have the quest reward twice in a week or once a week, however many times it’s averaged out.

But, that’s too much player choice there.

3 Likes

It would be a lot better if it just cycled on the weekly reset, yeah.

3 Likes

I’m confused. We’re not contributing to Darkshore. We’ve got Arathi. And that stuff isn’t changing.