Alliance need to pull it together

its not about the losing. its about the LOSER attitudes and alliance players always expecting a carry without any effort put in on their part. then resort to squabbling like rabies infested monkeys in the chat at the first sign of a loss

1.) You are in a LFBG.
2.) At the start, look at your allies health bar. Some might be 90k health.
3.) Alliance does not have that many pvp players that team up together like the Horde.
4.) Horde knows how to target the Alliance’s healers.

Are you talking about Epic BG’s here?

Because in the small BG’s I see a lot of Horde afk’ing out when they don’t have the upper hand or don’t score first.

I wish I saw that in the little BGs. I see the horde coming straight for the camp and mostly straight for me, the healer. Then if it is the flag. They sometimes just farm for honor.

Blizzard’s pvp system is rigged. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I empathize with you, but what can “be done” about bad player attitude, other than reporting them for language or something? Blizz won’t put overseers in to babysit our playground, you know? Reports are the only way to deal with anything. Habitual buttclowns get muted.

Well you have to capture a flag, score some points, or kill their healers first if you want to see them desert. I had one yesterday (think it was a TP) where 2 bailed after we capped, and in the time it took for me to type “lol 2 quit” another had left too and their replacements were starting to zone in.

1 Like

I agree with you there, but what about a little self control? Why must we feel that auto whip lashing to a player is acceptable? I will only tolerate it for a bit and see if they cool down but when it gets out of hand, that is where I have an issue.

Yeah, I know about getting the flag. It is just that every time I go with a team, their team somehow gets their flag back and steal our flag after we take ours back. Then we have to do the same thing over again, except I just stay and heal our flag carrier after that. Then time runs out and the Horde win.

You can’t change what others choose to do, unfortunately. Only thing you can do, is use the tools to report them. I have seen people get muted, so it’s a thing.

This is kind of the actual problem as I see it at the moment: people alt-tab out of the game, open up a browser, and write a paragraph to complain about a toxic jerk.

But did they take the effort to do that in the game using the in-game tool, the one thing that has a chance of having the desired outcome?

I’ll be honest, I doubt it.

And if I’m right, and I just may be, then it’s an issue of people complaining rather than being part of the solution.

edit: formatting got turded up somehow

In both … epics even more because the wait times are just ridiculous . Alliance have a incentive to afk out of tough games because their queue times are so short.

2 Likes

But the counter-perspective is I would think Horde are used to waiting forever. I’m pretty much immune to waiting at this point. (that said I still rarely will quit)

I understand your reasoning, and I get that you’re just RP cheerleading in these threads, but the assertion that Horde players don’t ragequit doesn’t fit with the reality that we observe every day.

Also, you’re in here saying that lots of Horde victories are comebacks, but elsewhere on the same subject you’re saying:

1 Like

People need to stop getting so deeply offended or defensive about fictional video game team affiliations. A lot more constructive conversation would happen. Woohoo, you worship a digital boyking and I worship a digital zombie woman.

Who cares. Horde have ragers and toxic people just like any online gaming community. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but people flip out on Facebook too.

That said, it is true that half the Alliance problem is ragequitting, simply because they often aren’t replaced very fast.

1 Like

I don’t know who you’re saying is offended, but obviously the culture of quitting negatively affects both factions and the game as a whole. Just as I wonder how many of my losses could have been wins without people giving up, I wonder the same about the wins where the other side bails.

But to say that it’s only one faction that has these players is pretty ridiculous. These forums are flooded with mains of both factions that are proud of their decisions to desert “bad teams”, dodge losses, save their valuable time, and so forth.

2 Likes

I was just speaking generally. Examples exist in every corner of this forum.

I guess I did say “you worship the boyking”. I meant that as the hypothetical “you”.

It’s easier to afk out when you have 1 minute queues for randoms, and 4-5 for epic BGs. Not a stretch to say it’s worse Alliance side. Currently at 29 minutes in queue, who is gonna afk out of that after 1 minute?

2 Likes

this is true

also @OP, people that play badly in BGs and cause your problems dont read the forums, or even know the forums exist.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think that trying to stir up that pot was part of Blizzard’s marketing strategy with this expansion.

It may well be, I don’t know. Again, we have that distinction between Epics and small-scale, which is why I asked the question to clarify (and he said “both”). Maybe in Epics that really is the case and Horde players don’t quit when they’re behind. But that’s certainly not the case in the BG’s I see.

1 Like

Or maybe horde are more conditioned to winning and when that looks unlikely, they rage quit. I don’t think queue times are the only thing to consider. Personally, I see both sides leaving losing games (10/15 mans). Hard to know if one side does it more often than the other.