Alliance "Holding" Druids in AV

Good lord, it’s called search. Use it.

2 Likes

Holding the druids is a good tactic, although not for the purpose of getting more rep than normal.

Alone, the druids are pretty easy to kite and kill. You really want to send them at the same time as other units, like the ram riders. Then the combined units actually have a chance to help your side. Unfortunately, generally the druids get completed first and get sent without the riders.

So if you can hold the druids back and ensure they don’t get sent without the riders then you have a stronger force when you do release both. Talking to the druids and holding them back is really the only way to do this, otherwise some random person will come along and send them to their doom.

This is part of a larger problem with BG, there really isn’t much way to plan out the attack other than trying to convince 40 random people to go one way or the other. It’s like herding cats, that’s why premades were so successful – they generally agreed to follow a plan and avoid that randomness.

If, instead, there was a BG leader who was in charge then you wouldn’t need such tricks to control the flow of the BG. Of course that adds further complication such as how does the leader get chosen and what if a bad leader gets picked. But there really should be some kind of system because the randomness running a BG makes them so much worse of an experience then they should be.

In short, I think that the rep from the turn-ins should have a cap but you should still have the ability to delay when the druids go out. That way it’s less abusable and can still be used as a tactic to win the BG.

1 Like

i cant find the post, I need your forum searching skills. This is the first time posting here for me.

This is where you and I differ
I hate my faction a lot but never more than when I’m in AV

Allies might have a better chance of winning if they were, idk, trying to win instead of prioritizing farming rep?

Just a thought…

1 Like

they used to.

in December.

1 Like

Well that entirely depends on horde.

Even if Alliance won every single match nobody over rank 6 would queue for AV.

For Horde, however, any time you’re winning a battleground you’re earning competitive honor per hour. AV is usually a battle between rankers and 30 fresh 60’s trying to grind reputation + 10 AFKers. That we ever win it at all is surprising.

I would not take this as the definitive answer, but since it was done in vanilla, with as far as i ever knew, no repercussions, i am kind of doubting
anything would happen now.

It was normal to interrupt them so that everyone could turn their stuff in.
Or at least try to, before a Horde raiding party came and interrupted things, then you needed to let them finish or no summon was happening.

I never saw or heard of anyone getting banned

Thank you for being the one person who actually attempted to respond to this actual post’s question. I appreciate it, knowing that it was done back in vanilla with no repercussions most likely means no one will be punished for it in classic today. Again, I appreciate it.

Like i said, dont take me as a definitive blizz answer, but i never saw anything come of it back then.
It had no bearing, good or bad on the PVP game, except that if you dinked around too long, the Horde would find you and possibly kill the druids before they could summon.

Which is 0 concern now days since no one supports the summoned guys anyways.
They just summon them and let them go to be kited or what not.
They were only strong when you buffed healed and supported them

Where did trying to win get us? As an alliance player who is exalted in AV, I assure you it wasn’t always rep farmers. We tried and we tried hard to win. It still got us stuck behind IWB for a slow, low honor loss. This map is just not fun to play as alliance. WSG and AB are more fun and better honor.

2 Likes

It is if you forget about all the honor per hour jazz and what not.
Granted, it is about 10 tons more fun when it is this AV instead but…

https://i.imgur.com/NcByIRY.png

Nah, if horde play scorched earth AV is never fun for alliance.

2 Likes

You’re entitled to your opinion but I couldn’t care less about hph. I’m not grinding rank. I love PvP.

My classic guild was formed based on a community in retail that loves AV and ran AV 2-3 times a week. Most of these AV lovers in my guild are also not enjoying this version of AV and not because of honor, but because the map is just too stacked in favor of horde.

1 Like

The problem with AV for allies initially was they had huge numbers of bots/leechers on their team, blizzard partially addressed this, but by the time they did, allies had already given up.

Try winning again, without the 10-15 non players and you might find it very possible to win.

To each their own i guess, but to me it’s more fun if they play harder.

I just wish it was the AV where the AV itself was also out to kill you both as well.

Keep trying hordies.

Never happening. AV is dead, and will stay dead. You want free wins on a broken map? Wait your 3 hours per pop. This conversation was over long ago.

Or you could come to the mirrored maps where we daily hand you your butts on the regular /shrug

1 Like

It’s not the map, but ok. Feel free to keep your opinion.

One thing that isn’t an opinion and is a hard fact? The AV queues baby. Like I said, deal with it.

The open invitation to WSG and AB stands :laughing:

1 Like