"Alliance has strong characters, Horde has strong faction feel"

Don’t waste your time on Zerde.

2 Likes

Ei, the discontent is there, you even hear of near seditious talk in the dwarven district. Or talk of how people believe we are all going to back to war again anyway. But ultimately those are things that will be part of a later expansion(or dropped off completely we wont know).

1 Like

Which is a symptom of Blizz just pissing on us for buying into the faction conflict.

The faction conflict ended like the last one before and the one in Warcraft 3. With a stalemate. I’d say the only thing different is the circumstances and the borders.

1 Like

Not really, wc3 didn’t end with the horde commiting genocide on the nelfs.

how can you be okay with this?.

4 Likes

Warcraft 3 ended with Daelin attempting(and failing) in trying to genocide the Horde.

And who says I am ok with it? But I am realistic enough to know Warcraft story will hopefully not end with the Alliance becoming worse monsters than the Horde. Ultimately, there has to be a middle ground, for now that middle ground for me is hunting Sylvanas and her closes confidants and hoping Ashenvale is ultimately given lorewise info that is fully belongs to the Alliance

1 Like

Zerde is the Male Draenei equivalent of Katiera. As long as Anduin is being shown as always in the right, Zerde is happy.

Wrong, if anything I am deeply sympathetic to Tyrande and the night elves. Just as much as I was with Jaina and Theramore. But I also believe the Alliance is suppose to be “good” and represent something better. Certainly it is not rolling over for the Horde or even not preparing for another war or not trying to pursue justice. But at the other end, it is not continuing a war(a war that would ultimately end up killing more Alliance and possibly weakening it so when another world threats appears, it gets destroyed) for revenge sake.

2 Likes

“I’m sympathetic to Tyrande but I don’t want to support her in any way shape or form. That would go against God King Anduin Boy of Peace.”

Because getting more Alliance killed for something she is probably already getting back(Ashenvale) is a stupid hill to die on.

3 Likes

Gee I wonder what the Alliance could possibly have as an issue that causes people to have no faction pride? Maybe it’s a blonde, far too young prodigy king whose race subsumes everything about the other races it comes it contact with. We don’t call him God King Anduin because we like the way it sounds.

8 Likes

Varian was disliked when he was initially added to WoW. A few expansion later and everyone was weeping(well most everyone anyway) was weeping when he died. I expect sooner or later Anduin will turn out the same way.

1 Like

Anduin is a peacenik loser who sells out his own allies for peace with his enemies, I don’t see that ever being popular.

12 Likes

I cheered for his death. My only regret is that the cinematic didn’t drag out his screams longer.

2 Likes

You are clearly in the minority.

2 Likes

Thanks for linking I needed something to make me smile. It’s really dumb that Gul’dan didn’t hand that sword off to a demon or something though.

Edit: Only time I really liked an orc either. Disenchant him good, Gul’dan.

Yes I am glad your glad Varian died a hero defending something he believed in. A character most people will actually remember positively and maybe even be inspired by him.

Except we know Gul’dan died in the exact same way. Justice well deserved.

1 Like

Anyone inspired by a narrative black hole is someone I’m fine with being in opposition to when it comes to how I feel about this game and it’s garbage story direction.

Varian and his High King garbage came at the cost of making every single leader of another race he came into contact with look like a complete moron just to prop up this half-baked Conan the Barbarian reference that suddenly needed to be important because Blizzard wanted the Alliance to have a Blue Warchief.

Anduin is the exact same issue, a narrative black hole, but for different reasons.

8 Likes

And I’m fine being in opposite to someone who doesnt understand that people can like something they dont particularly like. If you bother to have check the actual video people were positively glowing at how theu described Varian.

Aside from Tyrande, who lets be honest, keeps wanting to charge into battle without full thinking about the situation, most in the Alliance actually had positive development from working with Varian. At the very least I stopped thinking about wanting to throw Moira into Ironforge’s lava for her stunt with Skyree. Genn became someone the Alliance could actually count on.

Heck, Varian was literally showering every race with praise in Tides of War.

Oh boy a book. Man the books always have tons of impact on the in game story telling. Like how congruent Elegy and A Good War are with War of Thorns. /s /s /s