Alliance development

Thank you for proving your notion of “sooner or later” to be nonsense.

I like this part of you that is more honest than your sycophantic posts toting assurances that we will get things “sooner or later.”

Post something of value when the Gnomes get Gnomeregan back.

5 Likes

They will never do anything with gnomeregan the last opportunity of it happening was cata night elves are probably in for a similar wait.

3 Likes

Pretty much only the Steamwheedle Cartel and the Earthen Ring. But I can’t imagine the Earthen Ring likes the Horde anymore after the mass destruction the Horde causes in MoP and BfA =/

I think the earthen ring would blame that on garosh/ sylvanas they are still more horde shaman then alliance

1 Like

We will always need a faction hub for each race. Blizzard is alot more predictable than you think. Even when say the Park District was destroyed I actually expect they would replace it with something better, obviously they did.

Similarly, considering night elves are one of the core races of WoW, i doubt they will let the night elves remain homeless for long. I expac the expansion after Shadowlands at the lastest, possibly 2 expansion after at worse.

I havent done the gnome heritage but as I recall it shows them getting even further in their attempt to retake. If Gnomer never ends up being a function capital it is due to the fact IF is a stone throw away.

Look, if the Vale of Eternal Blossom can be remade, I expect Teldrassil(or something newer/much better) will end up taking its place.

Alliance development needs to be about rebuilding. I think that’s a part of a war-story that is forgotten; what comes after a war can be just as, if not more important as what happens during. You could argue that the peace process and global realignment that occurred in the aftermath of World War II was just as important as events during the war itself.

Examples;

1. The Kul Tiran Fleet needs to be rebuilt. An island nation needs it’s navy. An instanced scenario like the one for the Kul Tiran allied race can have the player taking steps to rebuild the fleet.

2. This goes without saying but the Kaldorei need to rebuild. It’s difficult to say at this point how this can be done because while they’ve told us the Alliance wins the Darkshore warfront we don’t know anything else about how or even if this will be depicted in-game. At the very least, stopping the Warfront cycle and keeping the zone in the Alliance-occupied state seems fair.

3. This probably should be done before Shadowlands because as soon it hits I’m pretty sure they aren’t going to care about old content.

This next part is less about rebuilding and more my wishful thinking though I don’t think it would be very difficult to do; but ambassadors from Horde/Alliance should be in the opposite faction’s cities. In having normalized relations between countries, this is common, obviously so that disputes between the two can be reasoned. But as we all know this requires a peace treaty to be signed and that isn’t happening so long as Sylvanas (and Tyrande) are still around. One is probably going to have to die and so it wouldn’t surprise me if it takes until the end of Shadowlands until we see really, if truly “the cycle is broken.”

3 Likes

if they kill of tyrande I think the forums night elves are going to riot.

2 Likes

I think you might have missed my jab of “Lion’s Patience” being a reference to Lion’s Rest.

Or one shared neutral one that is expansion thematic. That we need capitals is not an assurance that the Night Elves will get a new one if there’s no gameplay reason for them to.

I’m not against it. I just don’t expect it any more than I expect Sentinel Hill to not be on fire any more.

2 Likes

I don’t think any changes to the world are coming any time soon the night elves and forsaken are likely to go without a capital for a while

1 Like

There are only two neutral hubs that are Horde favored. Steamwheedle Cartel and the Earthen Ring. The Horde isn’t typically the kind to just suddenly accept any and all aid they can get for their respective interests.

The Horde isn’t usually out for peace and its the Alliance, or Alliance-favored factions that opens its doors to aid. The Earthern Circle pretty much follows where Thrall went as well as the cartel clearly favoring the Horde with Gazlowe commonly aiding in their interests.

The Alliance simply just loses its defining themes that can help make it stand out. There’s no reason to believe the Alliance exists solely because of the Horde now. For any idea of socurge-cleansing. Magic preservation, or natural preservation is overtaken by neutral groups that openly seek these goals.

The Alliance has no real objective beyond waiting for the Horde to slip up. what interesting groups that remain like the Explorer’s League are slowly becoming more and more neutral. Stripping the Alliance’s few themes left for the Horde to thrive in.

The Horde is able to exist on its own accord now… the Alliance simply can’t any longer.

1 Like

The Explorer’s League (in Zuldazar and with Brann among the Alliance leadership) and the Silver Hand (in Arathi) became more Alliance and less neutral in BfA which is a step in the right direction.

Edit: Also Horde thriving in an Alliance organization sounds contradictory. I doubt many Horde players want their sunwalkers and blood knights to be in the Silver Hand, or their mages to be in the Kirin Tor, or their druids to be in the Cenarion Circle, etc.

2 Likes

You really think far to highly of Blizzard if you think they would willingly go back and rebuild the Alliance zones without cause.

Only reason the Eternal vale is fixed is because it is being used for current content. Even then its not like the vale has anything to do with the Alliance.

I mean it took us 3 expansions to see Stormwind fixed and that was the primary Alliance hub.

Blizzard are Lazy and unless there is a massive push by player complaints, they aren’t going to willingly rebuild anything they don’t feel they have to.

You watch as we go into Northrend in 8.4. All the Alliance keeps and towns will be overrun with undead and destroyed just to show how dangerous this unleased scourge is. Likely the horde will be fine as they are never really affected by the big bads.

I would rather they skip a raid tier to “fix” the alliance zones as they are in poor shape.

2 Likes

Hence why I say if night elves get Tedrassil back/a new capital it will be as an expansion hub.

1. Keeping those things destroyed for a fairly long time has a purpose. Mostly, it is meant to actually evoke a reaction from all of us. 2) WoW being a game means gameplay focus stuff takes presidency, but even then non-gameplay focus stuff will inevitably get added as well. The new park hardly has any actual gameplay use aside from one cinematic where Anduin talked to a crowd/be used to inter Varian.

Not totally true, admittedly they don’t get as affected by it but the bad guys hit them every so often. The Mag’har lost their planet. The new shiny fortress they had in the Blasted Land turned traitor. I’m also pretty sure most of the Dragonmaw are now hostile to them thus losing them a few of their holdings in Twilight Highland.

You do realize that is not gonna happen right? Having said that I expect new place will be rebuild/reused as the story demand its like Darkshore/Arathi.

Have you got any reason to believe this or just random speculation? Blizzard might decide the next expac could take place in the nether or another planet, so why would they make a night elf hub there?

So Alliance players had to operate out of a broken city cause it had to evoke a reaction. Yet Horde players (whose capital was apparently burnt down) had a completely rebuilt capital in the same Expac.

Yeah that logic falls flat. Blizzard didn’t update the capital for 3 expacs till they could be bothered and complaints hit a level they couldn’t ignore.

The Mag’har are basically refugees from a world they helped destroy. They aren’t running form the Alliance or some big bad.

True they lost their keep, however we kill those traitors so we can probably presume the Horde have it back. Its more likely that Blizzard will phase that to happen well before they have the Alliance rebuild Nethergarde. Dragonmaw is still a Horde base in Twlight highlands, when its phased as destroyed or openly hostile to the Horde in game then ill agree with you.

Oh so its just the zones you think blizzard should fix that are likely. right that makes sense. I mean how about they stop sentinel hill from burning i mean it has been for 10 years. Perhaps they should the Gnomes should get their home back after being stuck outside Ironforge for the last 20 years.

Any number of Alliance zones and some horde need some work . What the game needs is an entire old world revamp.

I expect Blizzard is not going to keep the night elves homeless forever. Also it seems Blizzard seems to repair certain damaged zones every 2 or 3 expansions.

Said destruction was never even reflect in game. Meanwhile the destruction in Stormwind was part of an entire cinematic for an expansion. And as I mention it is not like we actually did anything in the Park. Lastly, absences makes the Heart grow fonder and I honestly think it makes the rebuilt park that much more special knowing what we lost for so long.

So you headcanon what you think happen to a fort(even though for all we know it is now just abandon especially being so close to Stormwind)and then disagree my own assessment when we literal kill Dragonmaw in WoD. Yeah.

You get revamped when you become relevant to the plot. Like it or not Gnomer/westfall is not relevant right now to the plot. And when it was(like during the Legion invasion) we saw it was not burning anymore.

The Keep wasn’t destroyed or damaged, Blizzard are lazy if they can put some NPC’s in their and call it reclaimed they will especially when its Horde. Alliance ever return to that zone it will probably be a bunch of tents.

Blizzard are just lazy when it come back to rebuilding Alliance zones as they simply don’t care about the Alliance. They do care when it is reflected in the Horde story however and make sure the game is updated to reflected to show where the Horde rebuild and have forces.

There was a Elemental invasion in which the City was apparently destroyed. Its why it got is massive revamp.

The Alliance city get attack by Deathwing and remained a Crater. You keep arguing like the Horde couldn’t have had a phased city in ruins to operate out of for that expac to motivate them.

Exactly even when zones are relevant for the Alliance they never phased for the remainder of the game to stay rebuilt.

Why Not? they have kept the gnomes, worgen and Draenei without a proper home since they were brought into the game. It sounds like you just think night elves should get there homes back as they complain the loudest.

For all their supposed care about the Horde, the Horde is barely even looking like it was in Vanilla WoW. To the point the hardly have any impressive characters. Lastly, if the Blasted lands even become relevant again I would expect Blizzard would return to parity and rebuild Nethergarde.

The elemental invasion didnt actually have the city get damaged. In fact, lorewise it was a fire in the Shattering book that did it.

As for motivation, when Garrosh was being deposed you end up seeing a city under martial law and with civilian s being killed on sight. Honestly, I will take what to happened to Stormwind over having any of leaders villain batted.

While that is certainly been a problem, the Horde’s victories have never really gotten anything either. At this point in WoW’s story most of their holding now belong to the Alliance/they have been pushed out of multiple zones.

The draenei have a home. The Exodar is beautiful and functions as our capital. As for the gnomes, I already mention the reason Gnomer wont be a capital(at least a functional one) is because of Ironforge. As for the worgens, I also think they should reclaim Gilneas but I think considering Gilneas was initially suppose to be a Battleground complicate any attempt at turning it into an actual capital.

They Lack characters sure, but they are getting that development. They also still get development inside their faction to show that it is changing ironically into an alliance of races. The Alliance on the other hand hasn’t changed san minus one capital.

Ultimately this entire expac was completely pointless outside the horde losing a warchief and leading to shadowlands. We don’t kill sylvanas, We don’t kill Ashzara and even N’zoth at the end of this patch is still kicking around in some form.

Again you speculating blizzard will rebuild anything for the Alliance when they have shown they won’t raise a finger.

Because you don’t want a good story zerde, so long as the Alliance remains as boring and morally superior I doubt you would careless what happens in the story.

They have possession of Ashenvale in game, that was their target since Cata. The Alliance is pushed back to Arathi and doesn’t seem to be taking back any new territory.

Your are spouting what you think has happen but none of it is true. If it doesn’t end up in game it really doesn’t matter how many interviews you get saying the Alliance won.

its a broken down ship minus one naaru.

Then why should the Goblins have a whole functional zone working as a capital. Or Trolls have a function island to serve as a home.

The only reason being is blizzard doesn’t want to spend time developing that content, any other reason is just an excuse.

1 Like

Random speculation. Zedre is just the opposite annoying end of the baseless soapboxing to Ëlësåna’s naysaying.

Or that much more disappointing when what we got Lion’s Rest after waiting all that time to not even get a replacement Moonwell.

Probably the only thing from Classic that I’m grateful for is that it actually brought the Park back, unlike the tribute to homogenization many people were rallying against that was Lion’s Rest.

4 Likes

Oh please, nearly everything people have requested over the years(real money trade, Kul Tiras, Zandalar, Demon hunters, pandaria etc) have been added by Blizzard. If anything new faction captial for both night elves and Forsaken(or at least an actual “win”) are probably one of the biggest requests people have right now. Plus, Blizzard happens to love putting new spin on old art that do not have the same beauty as before.

I would also like to point out my speculations have hit quite a few targets more often than not. Hell, people kept saying Garona/Voss were not Horde character and I kept arguing against and voila, I ended up being proven right.

Personally, I am not for or against having a moonwell but it was clear just having one smack dab in the middle of a lion themed would clash with the aesthetic.