Alliance development

Your point was nothing but a pity party with a dash of human potential thrown into it. 1) it is nothing new and gets old quite fast. 2) my post was about how I think the night end up as an actual positive development down the line, most likely with a new night elven capital as an expansion draw. Yours is nothing than another jaded view of what you think will be the next slight to night elven fans.

Lastly, considering you didnt even call it mediocre until after I mocked you, I am not sure how you managed to come to the conclusion I am bandwagoning. Btw, I have been getting annoyed by night elven fans for quite a while.

As I rule, I avoid mocking anyone who like something about the Alliance(I dont even join Gnome punt threads, nearly most of the time) but certain night elven fans make that near impossible.

And that is my point, I say whatever the hell I want. Your free to like it or not but don’t for a second thing my opinion isn’t shared by at least by a handful of other people.

Personally? Not really. At best I just find the concept laughable from you.

Your Argument generally come down to “i want to remain the white knight morally superior faction” You come to the defense of the writing although it has been badly received by large swathes of the player base.

If you can’t add anything to the discussion you simply boil down to ridiculing other posters and posting your head cannon.

The point of this thread is hoping that blizzard become with the large amounts of dissatisfaction of the player base and improve the direction and writing for the story for all involved.

2 Likes

Your admiration for Lion’s Rest got old way before the War of the Thorns was even announced.

That’s the dumbest part of Lion’s Rest. They knew they were going to do BfA next and knew they needed to put the Night Elves somewhere, and instead of rebuilding the Park, they wasted that space on “an aesthetically pleasing lion thematic.” Unless you want to argue the pumpkin patch was aesthetically pleasing as well.

I called your attempt out as mediocre once you openly admitted that all your post was was an attempt at mockery in the light of my accusing you of letting my references go over your head.

As a rule, I will make fun of you any time you try to use Lion’s Rest as a reference for what is a good replacement for Night Elf areas such as the Park.

The only one who interpreted being called mediocre as someone saying that not even a handful of other people agree with you was yourself. That was just you projecting your own insecurities. As was this. I called you mediocre in that your post was insufficient and poorly executed as a form of mockery. Which has nothing to do with people agreeing with you or not.

I’m not sure anyone’s called me mediocre on these forums before, so not sure what you’re laughing at.

To be fair, I want this, too, so I can’t fairly make fun of Zerde for that.

Guys, bring it back to the topic. Making fun of one another isn’t going to work for either of you.

3 Likes

This is fair. I’m done here. I will not respond to Zedre any further here. Sorry for derailing.

As I have said I dont particular care about a large swath of the player base, or really opinion aside from my own. Personally I want a certain story for the Alliance, and yes it mean we get mostly white knighted(although as I have said before I dont think the Alliance are angels, just alot better than the Horde).

The entire park district was a human district with only a moonwell and a few lamps post even symbolizing any night elven presence. Ultimately, I think down the line I expect the night elves will get something that will replace Teldrassil/any proverbial slight to the night elven fan base. At the very least a true new capital.

But that is thing, it never went over my head and personally I saw it for what it was, another sad pity party about how human potential is apperently ruining the night elves.

If anything the Lion’s rest was done as a replacement for a portion of a HUMAN CITY that was lost.

I dont think it was poorly executed or insufficient. Look, Blizzard had a reason for what they did. Your free to like that reason or not, but I doubt the first thing on their mind when designing lion’s rest was “how can we screw over night elves” and more like “how can we make the new park area as beautiful as possible”.

My point was you said I was bandwagoning to save face for being called mediocre, I was openly mocking you long before that line of action happened.

Oh, I dont know, I personally think its kinda fun. But fine we can move on.

When does this happen for what the Horde did to Teldrassil?

2 Likes

When the music, cinematography, and text framed it as a very bad thing that nobody in the game actually celebrates. Followed by Sylvanas becoming the expansion’s villain, with the player spends the rest of the expansion assisting one Horde leader after another as they turn on Sylvanas and eventually overthrow her- losing Saurfang in the process so he can “atone”.

15 Likes

As a horde player you still have the loyalist option though that puts you into the immersion that everything you and the horde did was morally right and not questionable at all.

The loyalist route most definitely doesn’t paint you as morally right. It just lets you be on the nominal side of the villain in what amounts to scenes and gameplay 99% the same as the default route.

7 Likes

Loyalist is the default route.

Incorrect.

4 Likes

I just did the quest line recently and even though I chose to ‘not betray my warchief’ it put me in Saurfangs camp for SoO2.

Considering that the loyalist quests were added later, what gives you that idea?

10 Likes

Imagine thinking the quests where you are pretending to help the rebels is default

3 Likes

maybe, but it will probably anger me more when we do this again and the horde stabs us in the back again doing another atrocity. i would be not be surprised anymore at that point, but at the same time,i guess that i will just not care about it anymore.

and at the same time we had to help the horde again with their stupid rebellion instead of murdering them all like they deserve.

i mean that is why i created the thread. to find out if it was even possible to get a conclusion at least without involving the horde.
no genocide, no nuking more cities, no kill horde characters at the hands of the alliance.

it seems like it is impossible. as this thread shows. apparently the alliance is stupid por wanting peace. and honestly, they are probably right.

Just put NPCs in Gilneas, and add some Night Elf stuff to it and say it was retaken.

Also make Ironforge the center of the Alliance again.

3 Likes

Imagine killing Genn as a villain in a raid and then think again if it will anger you more. All the while you will have Baine telling your such a great hero for killing him because he had become unforgivably evil and all the other Alliance leaders will node along at Baine’s sage wisdom.

At least you get to mostly ignore us when you have to deal with neutral content. Horde characters don’t get that luxury. Still, maybe shadowlands will be different and you will have to wonder around being buddy buddy with Horde leaders.

Oh and yeah, you had to help them again just as the Horde had to be cartoonish villains in a faction war Horde players were given no reason to fight. Its the reality. Its how blizzard does things. It is how blizzard has done things since Cata. I don’t like it any more than you.

Unlikely you will be able to remove the Horde from the equation completely. The best we can hope for is a rival type scenario like in Mechagon, where we are working parallel towards a similar goal but independently. To remove the Horde completely, you would have to remove Horde players completely and that isnt going to work.

I can’t see the Alliance ever getting removed from Horde questing which is why in Legion I didn’t want to see less Alliance as much as I wanted Horde presence. I wanted to see the Horde represented with more than a couple of named NPCs sitting in the back of a hub chatting with the person next to them one time.

4 Likes

If he’s acting evil, sure.

Hi, Cataclysm and MoP called. Something about a Green Jesus?

Dude. Two races you interact with outright went Horde. What are you complaining about, Val’sharah? Because that’s the only one that involves Alliance characters until the .2 patch. If we got any more Horde presence we’d be playing WoD.

And that would make you happy?

People keep bringing that up like Green Jesus was in our faces 24/7. In Cata, if you weren’t Horde, he featured in one breadcrumb quest while leveling, one quest chain in the Firelands patch and the last dungeon and raid in the final patch. In MoP, the Alliance barely deals with Thrall and it is only at the end and apart from the moment he gets slapped down by Garrosh, Varian is there too and as significant. Outside of that you have one interaction with Vol’jin in a rushed 5.3 patch which the devs at the time admitted was a rush job and you can make Vol’jin beg the Alliance for help.

Malfurion played as much if not more of a role in Cata prior to the final patch.
Every expansion since Cata I have had to work with an Alliance character of note at one point or another. We even have to quest for Anduin in MoP. All the major neutral characters like Malfurion, Brann, Khadgar and Magni all come from the Alliance and while Alliance characters claim that doesn’t because they are neutral, it certainly feels like I am questing for Alliance characters, particularly when they are still tied to the Alliance such as Malfurion and Brann.

WoD?!? Thrall is literally the only one who turns up that expansion and for Alliance players it is for one bloody cutscene. I spent the entire expansion hob knobbing with Khadgar and got lectured and threatened by Jaina. Apparently because it involved killing orcs it is a Horde expansion. Lets just ignore that two whole zones are dedicated to friendly Draenei as opposed to a couple of small settlements of Frostwolves in the back of Frostfire and a overrun Laughing Skull village.

Yeah we got Highmountian and Nightborne AFTER the event. They weren’t Horde at the time. You certainly didn’t have to work with Thalyssra while she is badmouthing your faction like Horde players had to with Alleria. They outright said they hadn’t initially planned to make the Nightborne an Allied race but did after they became so popular. That is why they had to redo the models to make them playable. That is the thing with the Horde. They get shoe horned in or tacked on to the side. Just look at the 180 with Lillian Voss and Garona at the start of BfA.

10 Likes