Alliance bonus 25%, AOO on, week 4

It depends on how much you’re hated on your server.

I will let you hunt me for free. :cowboy_hat_face: I can’t guarantee that you will safely return to org to turn it in.

I do hold a slight gear advantage over you, but you’re Prot spec. Tanks aren’t what they used to be, but many 1v1’s are still impractical and I don’t typically bring help.

2 Likes

I just dispatched a Sargeran ret, “Pauliss”, in Tiragarde. I bugged out in stealth after I expended his cooldowns, then came back and ganked him when he was busy with a friendly. He didn’t think I would come back from taking a heavy beating, so I’m full of surprises too.

Edit: 439 ilvl with a remarkable profile. That’s too bad he got beat by someone who doesn’t do M+'s, raids, and arenas.

Didn’t mean to derail the thread also, but this guy who runs M10+ thought he was bigger than me when he attacked me without cause when I was waiting for a quest target respawn FIRST before him. He would have needed Divine Shield(what he used first) for a bubblehearth, but again, he didn’t need to because he thought he’d win. For relevancy, I made sure he earned his 25% AP bonus today on that quest.

2 Likes

I don’t think it would make much difference. The people who would do it are already getting 25 kills per week with two CTAs and various assaults.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. Let’s make it 445. They’ll do it for a piece of that sweet swag.

I’ll do it for a cookie.:cookie:

2 Likes

Exactly if Blizzard want a cheap and unfair solution to WarMode, buff AOO to 430/440 ilvl and make WarMode a week cooldown, you can’t turn it off until the Next reset so you are forced to PvP and boost both faction to 50% more resources and disable flying in WarMode but the less represented faction get the free 430/440 item. Quick, unfair but efficient.

1 Like

Or give us back those sweet sweet pvp servers… oh and vendor’s dag nabit

1 Like

Classic-like PvP server’s. You can only play 1 faction per server that way Blizzard can balance things more with transfers.

1 Like

Music to my ears. :cowboy_hat_face: aw nostalgia.

No thanks oceanic servers are all ready screwed.

1 Like

Even though we’re actually forced to PvE to git gud at PvP, you do bring up a powerful point. The reason we’re actually forced to PvE was reactionary to the “nobody wants to be forced to PvP”. That’s why we can’t make the PvP gear good, because people will be “forced” to do that when people are instead “forced” to do M+'s and raids. Gear is still going to count more than skill, after we get past it that melee is better than ranged.

That’s the only reason your idea wouldn’t work, based on that principle. The M+'s I can pug I don’t need. Despite that I’m 424 ilvl currently, I won’t get taken on anything higher than a 5. I don’t care for raiding because that takes too much time away from the field, despite that gear>skill. Hopefully I can do this weekly event to get something that might be a decent upgrade, because doing some mythics every once in a while never killed anyone.

That’s what help makes AOO appealing: more options to gear. More is always better than less. I’m fully devoted to WPvP now; I don’t want to PvE unless I absolutely have to. And in my judgment, M+ and raids is not content I absolutely have to do. I got 424 ilvl and I should be happy about that. Not to mention I have to incentivize the unmotivated Alliance by giving them something they might sip a W on.

Just for the record, I think PVP gear is competitive with a pure raiding path now for typical players. The problem is that both are eclipsed by a far more lucrative Mythic+ system for raiding.

2 Likes

This would be a valid argument if WoD pvp gear hadnt already fixed this issue.

I won’t dispute it that M+ is better. However, it can take a lot of time in the week to get where you need to go. With CQ I can complete the schedule in a couple of days. You also need competent people with a mind to work. This is not easy to get in pugs. Despite M+ popularity, it is a meat grinder. I just don’t have the years and time to be patient with sailing failboats.

Sadly, we don’t have scalable gear like that. I’d love to have 415’s that scale up to 430, and 430 pieces to 440, when PvP happens. I’d be a little weaker in PvE, but that’s nothing unless you’re willing to get deep in PvE.

That was why wod gear was just perfect. Only good concept from wod and they didnt keep it

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong; I’m not saying that Mythic+ is the solution here. I hate Mythic+, I hate the fact that it’s required if you want competitive gear, and I also agree with you that it’s more difficult to get into Mythic+ as DPS.

That said, we do have some tank/healer pairs in our guild that do Mythic+, and it only takes them an hour a week to get that sweet Mythic+ cache. Mythic+ may feel frustrating and pointless, but it’s not time consuming, at least not if you’re the right role.

I agree. And you didn’t have to wear all pieces. I wore the pieces that gave me mastery and had other choice PvE pieces that had high mastery. Those were the days where I could lock down the SW Trade AH for hours because too few could flex a better gear advantage. And it only took farming a little CQ, which was the only thing Trashcan was good for.

Perhaps it wasn’t all for the better when Brian Holinka left the team.

@Irisse Well, tanks and healers aren’t exactly good roles for PvP, though they used to be…

1 Like