Alliance Alterac Valley strat

sometimes you get the bad horde groups that don’t double back to ib, but even if you do get ib it’s still a 50/50 from there depending on how far along the horde is

Just exalted on my paladin this weekend, and can confirm the only times we ever won was doing that exact strategy. Is it the best strategy? idk im not napoleon I just follow the herd

1 Like

The only times I’ve won is when the alliance took SF because really what can the horde do at that point? think about it what can they do?

It now turns into a fight at the field of strife and that’s 50/50 depending on what the competency of each group is.

They could send a couple of rogue stealth to go take some bunkers but you could also send some rogues south and take some towers basically it’s even footing at that point if the alliance takes SF.

The very few times I’ve won and every time I will say this again every time the alliance takes SF the matches are either close or the alliance comes close to winning or wins.

It becomes a gamble.

If the alliance just gives the horde SF it’s almost an assured loss because now we are playing to the maps disadvantages.

Don’t give up sf… it’s the dumbest thing you can do with a in it’s current state.

2 Likes

that wont work. because all the bots who capitalize on the queue times will eventually fill games.
we’ll still drag it out to 30 minutes though.

The whole point of that strategy is to make ibgy easier to defend because the horde will rez at SF and not the the cave. Limiting them to 10 per rez wave instead of 20. It also tempts them into racing which if the alliance use the bridge they can easily win. Just because you’ve lost a bunch of av matches doesn’t make you a strategy expert so stop qing or shut up.

2 Likes

2 Likes

The strategy isn’t working clearly considering the win lose rate.

It’s not working

At all.

It’s a very easy counter for the horde who are incentivized for maximum honor with scortched earth.

Yes the map sucks. We are at a disadvantage from the get go. But the rush ibgy strat is horrible. It plays into the maps disadvantages for alliance

There is no point in doing it unless the goal is to lose quickly. And if that’s the case then just stay at sh gy and farm until you are push out.

Rushing ibgy is a fools strat

1 Like

Rushing IBGY very quickly exposes whether the game will be a win or a loss. If the game isn’t a base race eventually alliance will have to deal with the cave rez issue. Might as well figure out whether you can earlier rather than later.

As a horde guy, I think gifting SFGY is a +EV move for the alliance. Trying to use SFGY as the FOB instead of IBGY is definitely a hinderance. With that being said, I’ve only seen this strat turn the game into a base race. For other unknown reasons, horde seems to win the base race the majority of time as well, but it isn’t as clear cut a victory as when horde keeps IBGY.

This guy/gal gets it

Well it’s a very low percentage experiment.

You’ll know right away what the group of horde is made out of once you take sf.

They either fold or adjust. It’s 50/50.

Much greater odds

In earlier phases it was, but now it has outlived its usefulness.

1 Like

I tend to think of it as FUN with the side effect of maybe a piece for a fresh 60. And as long as I am having FUN, what’s the problem with a game that either remains static forever or will reset?

2 Likes

If you have fun, by all means, go for it. But the OP doesn’t sound like they are having fun:

So yeah. It is not worth it to them.

1 Like

Why are you still playing AV? Why? WHY?

1 Like

They will rez at the cave if they die near it fighting at ibgy.

This “tempting the horde” is asinine as they want scorched earth for more rep/honor. As such that’s why you see them take the 5 minutes or so to clear you out of ibgy before marching up towards the bridge.

Based on the winning percentage of the alliance, I’m right.

Stop thinking you can bait the horde. You can’t.

1 Like

Tigolbidies, you are arguing with brainlets on the wow forums. Don’t bother. Trying to argue all the different strategies in Alterac Valley that each faction can use to a “one-track mind” player is a waste of time. If you can’t see how taking snowfall gy is a benefit to alliance on the 1.12 version of AV you are an npc.
Alot of alliance are still used to the retail AV strat from TBC to BFA where you just zerged. Having to adjust to anything that’s not zerging is just too hard for simpletons.
AV cave is not broken. People just need to accept this is the version of 1.12 AV. AV has so many versions because its been changed numerous times. AV has never been perfectly balanced and never will because WoW is not a PVP game.

PS. I AND MANY OTHERS WANTED 1.5 AV.

2 Likes

This is the part of the Alliance plan that makes no sense to me. When Horde die fighting at IB we still spawn at the cave, even if we have SFGY. I would actually rather spawn at SF, because attacking IBGY from that direction is way easier than attacking it from the cave.

Horde’s strategy is to just slowly grind down your defense at SH/SP until we can summon Dad and the Bats to carry us. The entire plan revolves around not letting Alliance have SFGY, because you can easily prevent us from summoning Dad when you spawn at SF.

It’s incredibly difficult for Horde to re-capture an SFGY that is being actively defended by Alliance without making IBGY and the choke vulnerable, not sure why you guys think you don’t want it

1 Like

i’m sorry I have to say this, but whenever we (as horde) are attempting to take SHGY, there are half a dozen alliance who are just afk at the graveyard. That’s only a few minutes into an AV match.

Fix your AFK problem on the alliance. I’m not sure how to accomplish this. Perhaps add a minimum queue duration, to force AFKers into other battlegrounds. Or faster AFK reporting. Or banning accounts after two or more afk infractions. But the problem is your AFKers.

1 Like

The strategy is always the same. Wipe Horde repeatedly then kill Drek. If you can’t wipe Horde you usually don’t win.