All we want is to have balanced/flushed out classes

We do not need 5 burrowed power systems - the only burrowed power system should be gear (tier sets for raid/mythic+/PvP each patch and hell they can even be the same models) and legendries (that we craft ourselves, WITHOUT being forced to do torghast). That’s it.

The only reason you’re making so many burrowed power systems is because the classes are boring as hell to play for an extended period of time due to literally no customization and also just unfulfilling rotations.

• Make the talent trees 1 column wider, and 3 rows longer and now let us pick 2 talents in each row, one every 5 levels. Gives us a lot more room to customize and optimize our builds how we like. Get talents from old artifacts or azurite armor there were tones of great ones.
  • Combine/overhaul dead talents - there are literally so many it’s nuts. Why have a talent row if one is picked 95% of the time?
  • Move talents to baseline. For example Angelic feathers should be baseline for priests, wraith walk should be baseline for DK’s.
  • Give us better masteries/passives/abilities by either adding new ones or redesigning crappy ones. “Do X% more Y damage” isn’t a bloody mastery.
  • Better PvP balancing especially for hybrid classes and classes with excessive CC or survivability. PvP atm is trash due to huge class imbalance combined with the gear imbalence.

Please Blizzard why is this so hard to understand. We want to have fun playing our classes as they are at max level, not after grinding burrowed power for weeks on end.

6 Likes

flushed out

6 Likes

Both “balance” and “flushed out” classes are subjective though. My idea of balance and “flushed out” classes is likely VERY different from yours.

I like the idea of more talents (especially passive ones) becoming baseline. I think that Trailblazer, Natural Mending, and Camouflage should all be baseline for Hunters! Posthaste, too.

1 Like

I mean yes they are different things but they are not mutually exclusive. We probably think they are cause of blizzards usually quite sub par balancing especially when it comes to PvP.

All classes have already been flushed.

1 Like

Maybe the term is used in lieu of fleshed, so as not to be unkind to the Forsaken?

1 Like

know what else they flushed? Druid mastery :frowning:

:toilet:

1 Like

Good point!

/Raises glass

1 Like

At least it’s not resto shaman mastery :upside_down_face:

One of the most useless healing masteries I’ve ever seen. Only is marginally useful in content like dungeons because people can suddenly drop very fast.

2 Likes

Yeah bring back mop

2 Likes

I can partly agree with the talent trees having more rows and columns, but if all the choices are as sucky as they are now it won’t really matter. So many rows just have crap options all the way across.

What would really be awesome is if they instead used a system that doesn’t even have “trees” at all (if you can call the current system talent trees). Instead just have basically a list of talents to choose from, and then pick whichever ones you want with your talent points. It’s clearly intentional that there are tiers that have all amazing options alongside tiers with all terrible options, but it’s frustrating as hell. If they want to have some talents objectively be stronger than others then they still can, and they can just choose to make those options cost more points to get or something. Either way, having them all be equally available would add a little more accountability to the design in making sure they’re all actually desirable.

My problem isn’t with class balance as much as how easy it is to drop a class for another and fotm reroll every single patch, which is almost required now if you ever want to get into any meaningful content.

There’s no identity in picking a class anymore because everyone knows they can just level one within a few days and 1 week after that be 210+ ilvl and have no commitment to anything. If they would make the game far more of a grind and get rid of all these account wide achievements and make character progression actually matter then it would be so much of a hassle to reroll just for a couple % increase playing another class to fotm reroll.

There’s always going to be a “Best” spec, there’s no way around that. But I feel like as long as every spec gets their time in the sun here and there I’m ok with it. What I’m not ok with is getting declined for hours on end because a class I love to play is considered “B tier” instead of “S tier”.

That’s literally all they’d have to do is Copy Paste MoP Class Design and trash all these systems that have to do with borrowed power/gimmicky garbage.

I just say “add more rows and columns” because that’s just easier and I can’t trust Blizz to do anything that requires any amount of thought.
It’s funny you mention though because this was one of my designs to redesign talents a few months ago and I think this would be a great system to have because as you said you can make different talents cost different amounts and you can mix/match more powerful and weak talents as you want.

That’s why one of the points are “combine/overhaul useless talents” because yes there are way too many dead talents currently.

Exactly and that’s what I mean by balanced. You shouldn’t have to avoid playing a spec simply because it’s viewed (sometimes rightfully so sometimes not) as just worse than other specs. I think this is party due to the elitist culture we have in WoW that is perpetuated by the high end players, but it usually is based on some sense especially when looking at damage logs for example.

Exactly and this is why I want every spec to have it’s own flushed out theme/rotation/niche so you can enjoy your spec fully. Some specs really are missing out on that atm and it sucks.