1 Cataclysm
2 Immolate
3 Conflag
4 Soul Rot
5 Havoc
6 Chaos Bolt
7. Incenerate
8. Rain of Fire

Thats not even including Major CDs or defensives. I see why you hide your lock.

Immolate
chaos bolt
Conflag
Incinerate.
I hope you understand that a rotation is… well your rotation. CDs do not count as the main rotation.
Cats doesn’t sim well at all. Not sure why players use it.

1 Like

And rain of fire doesn’t sim well unless you have 5 or more targets…
Insulting me doesn’t make your point.
I hope you get the terms down, so we can have an actual conversation.

I know what a rotation is, You said 4, I listed 6 minimum and clearly didnt include defensives or CDs.

Again I see why you hide your lock.

2 Likes

Clearly you do not XD or you’re trolling.

It all depends on where you draw the line for “rotation” vs CDs and it’s honestly just a really stupid argument to have to begin with.

Is anything with any sort of cooldown not considered a part of your rotation? Does that mean Flame Shock is not a part of the Ele shaman rotation?

Channel Demonfire, with enough haste, can be brought to a sub-20 second cooldown. Is that a part of your ‘rotation’ or considered a CD?

Is a 30 second Cata ability a cooldown or a rotation ability?

Conflag has an internal recharge rate on uses. Is that a CD or a part of the rotation?

Where is this arbitrary line drawn? 20 seconds? 30 seconds? 10 seconds? 5 mins?

4 Likes

Oh… you’re serious. Okay buddy, since you don’t know I will explain. Someones core rotation is down to energy build, and energy dump. Destro for example, immolate conflag and incinerate is your energy build up, in the form of shards. Your dump is chaos bolt since it consumes shards. Rain of fire is not apart of the core rotation due to it not siming well untill 5 or more targets. All other CDs are just raw dps gain, or raw defensive gain, which are not apart of the energy build or energy dump. I hope this helps.

The most you could make a case for is havoc. Since it does increase shard generation. But overall it is a dps boost. And not a button you will be pressing often enough.
Wellllll until patch 9.1 since chaos bolt dmg will increase, and for pvp focused chaos bolt will not exist.

Hmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

So from your perspective anything involving the generation and spending of the main resource is a part of the rotation. I noticed the addition of the word ‘core’ which changes context but ok.

So you’d say Soul Fire, with a 45 second CD but a Soul Shard generation mechanic would be a rotation change? What about Shadowburn? Since Cataclysm applies Immolate AND is used single target, does that not count?

For Affliction, is their ‘core’ rotation just 2 buttons: Agony and Malefic Rapture (assuming Vile Taint isn’t taken)? Would Drain Soul and UA be considered even though they only generate resource through on-death effects?

2 Likes

Unfortunately for Affliction yes. Sadly that is their rotation. And sadly MF is not a reliable energy dump. I don’t agree with what they did to it. But yes. Soul fire is a terrible talent. But yes. It’s really not a huge deal you don’t know this, since the whole thing about blizz now is that mama doesn’t matter unless you’re a healer. And handed everyone an energy source. So some specs like affliction, which was a dot based spec, is now being treated as an energy dump. And while we are on the topic of affliction, they gave them energy build through death, since they were known for spreading dots to begin with. They just implemented it in a crappy way.

And it’s not my perspective. If you wanna be a hardcore raider or relevant in pvp at all, these are the things you’re gonna need to know.

Shadowburn is a wonderful talent but is only good for securing kills in Bag’s and arenas. So if you’re a pvpee then yes, it will be in your core rotation. Cats sucks man. Not worth the immolate dot. But if you have it. Yes it is a energy builder and will be apart of your rotation

It’s definitely a perspective and certainly not one that would be a barrier to raid or pvp performance. Where the line is drawn of CDs vs rotation has no bearing on either of those.

Then again, you’re the one hiding on an alt and necro’ed some thread just to instigate people. Good luck with your other opinions that you believe are facts.

2 Likes

You’re a lost cause. Enjoy failing:)

Enjoy hiding behind an alt so your 6/10 heroic self isn’t ridiculed

2 Likes

wtf did i miss here

2 Likes

A player doesn’t have a clear argument so is hiding it with accusations about me hiding behind an alt. And saying I’m necroing a thread. The two and only to offensives trolls are equipped with. I enjoy playing all specs. Currently sitting on 16 lvl 60:s. And would not say I have a main to begin with. And pretending a system that has been incorporated for 5 years for the sake of trolling is a whole new low.

Why people are responding to the bad monk is beyond me…

So, a jack of all trades, but master of none?