All the ways my destro lock sucks!

Well blizzard where to begin…removed our pvp snare? Why? It was literally the best talent of them all.
Adding corruption back in and its useless…why? Seriously whats the point?
Ritual of Doom? In its original form? If this wasnt so stupid I think id just cry! Aside from the novelty of actually finding 4 people to do the ritual with; which NO ONE wants to ever do fyi
The whole thing is meaningless and utterly useless.
I was very excited for shadowlands hoping beyond hope someone at Blizzard that actually knows the lock class would make some real decent changes, instead someone that is lock clueless took a bunch of Vanilla spells and threw them back in the mix and said HEY LOOK IVE MADE A MESS! How much actual room do you think I have on my bars ?? And thats not even including what new spells r coming at us with actual shadowlands!
Our voidwalker is just a purple wetbag now and cant hold threat on ANYTHING?!
Honestly I would REALLY like to know what you are trying to do with warlocks. Again im only speaking to destro locks//the other specs I dont care to play and they of course r the ones that got all the changes…HURRAY!?

16 Likes

Just some class flavour, it’s not a big deal. You don’t have to use it, it’s not even worth a cast. May be kinda useful for top pvp players in niche situations.
Same with ritual of Doom, it’s just a fun spell that you don’t need at all, why complain about it lol.

Demo barely got changed. I think you mean Affliction :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah i dont really care that they r there…the point is they could have done some real work with the class and instead yawned in with these vanilla throw back. My complaint is nothing new or good was added back into the class, just these stupid shiny things to distract from the fact of how useless they r; and you are probably right complaining about this will change nothing, but i couldnt help but voice my displeasure with it all. I still hope that with SL’s and whats coming still will make the class alot more enjoyable; hopefully i have enough keybinds for everthing!!
Honestly I only glanced at Demo so you may be right there//as I said im only really paying attention to destro///all this other crap they should keep over in Classic where it belongs. If I wanted it thats what Id be playing but ive been there done that and have no interest in reliving the past

2 Likes

I like the new (old) curses except corruption which is useless unless they make it instant. Even then, I’m not sure it’s worth the gcd.

As far as entrenched in flames removal is concerned, we now have curse of exhaustion which btw stacks with succubus whiplash. Also baseline demonic circle again, finally. Next target is Blizzard’s sacred totem, instant shadowfury. Maybe they’re saving it for the next x-pack.

Pre-patch is always testing ground, something like PTR gamma so to speak. If you do remember the BfA pre-patch during Legion, it was a huge mess.

But it’s true they are running out of ideas for class changes. And let’s not forget that specs are pretty much classes of their own.

2 Likes

There’s so much they could have brought back though, Fel flame for a nice instant cast when you’re on the move, or Kil’jaden’s cunning, old passives that were nice that they could’ve made into talents and baselined some other abilities like they did with demonic circle such as cataclysm or shadowburn which would have been great. Instead the “great uprunning” wasn’t so great imo.

3 Likes

I think the 3 curses we got are an example of good unpruning. They’re useful in pvp and pve as utility which is great!
Ritual of Doom is a fun flavor ability but I still would have preferred permanent Doomguard/Infernal back in GrimSac’s spot (just make Grimsac a baseline ability).

If only we could have gotten Shadowburn baseline for destro T___T

3 Likes

Yes, I thought this expansion had a lot of potential. However, now looking at the overall picture, being that WoW just rolled all the classes back to WotLK, it’s not worth the monthly subscription. I mean, would seriously pay for a playstation or xbox game that you paid for and played 5 years ago???

2 Likes

I literally just started playing SWTOR again because A. It’s the only Star Wars mmorpg out there and that alone draws me to it. B. BALANCE. I know balancing this many classes is probably a nightmare. I will still play shadowlands, I just wish they would listen to player feedback a little more. It doesn’t matter how much they buff or nerf covenant abilities, a lot of people are still gonna go what is performing best. Personally, especially for warlock aesthetic, I really wanted necro or venthyr, but they nerfed those into the dirt so bad that as of know kyrian is the way to go, and I don’t want to have to go kyrian. Just balance the abilities the best you can for pve/pvp but don’t covenant lock them and let people switch abilities to their liking/playsyle. You want covenants to be a meaningful choice and I 100% agree with that. But locking power behind them just doesn’t work as we’ve seen in the past. And sooner or later they will end up patching it this way as they have had to do with other things such as corruption. Also look into a little more thoughtful uprunning rather than just grabbing a few minor things and adding them back even though they don’t synergize with specs or playstyle (example, corruption for demo and desto). Sorry, i’m ranting.

1 Like

you are not wrong Daemnn…as it stands we do not have any really strong synergy with any covenant; especially with the ones that warlocks would be drawn to, lol like you know if they were real. Im looking forward to these and dreading them at the same time. Here is an spreadsheet article Ive been following for covenants

1 Like

Yeah the are not terrible and all but ive been through this alrdy years ago when they were current. They just arnt that relevant and will be nerfed down to the point where they become pointless just like they were before and then we stop using them altogether again. And trust me in pvp you are going to wish you still had entrenched when a melee is wailing away on u and you hit them with a 20% attack speed slow; it will probably still be debuffing them while they stand on your corpse. I do know pre patch is usually a mess but the baseline of what we are going to have going forward is this…am I the only one that thinks we r getting f#$%ed ? We still have to PRAY that maybe next expansion shadowfury is fixed when its been broken 4ever? really? I think in a nutshell its all these little details that could have made things great were either ignored or just given an old facelift

Is the 4 button rotation too much for you to handle? xD

1 Like

Necro a thread just to be salty? :confused:

7 Likes

I switched from destro to aff, huge difference. Love playing aff and usually top in damage in rbgs

Oops this is my lock

Dudes REALLY been digging through the Lock forums lately. I think I noticed a couple other necros from him as well.

Maybe with how good he is at raising from the dead, he would prefer Death Knight?

4 Likes

No.

We, the Ebon Blade, do not necro threads arbitrarily.

It’s unethical.

EDIT: inb4, something something something pain and suffering towards the living. Sure. We still don’t necro posts.

1 Like

WOW great comeback…sadly though, its obvious you cant read since I never said anything about it being a complex class…I mean it could be with some work; which is exactly what I’m talking about. The spec needs WORK! Try and keep up :wink:

“Warlock being designed by ppl who have 0 idea about this class. While affi was somehow into meta with ability to deal dmg out of mobs position - destru will be never able to do so. They are buffing destru while nerfing affi, which basicly means we will see more destruction wrls, but less of warlock on higher kyes. At the moment they are very low % of those, will be even less. The thing is: destru can be really powerful but whole team needs to play around destru. If they doesnt - it’s nothing. And not even 50% dmg buff will change that - positioning is everything for destruction”
Props to amadheus

1 Like

Just give us conflag snare back my only complaint.

8 Likes

If you are talking lore wise sure.

Performance wise NF and Necro are both strong.

You complained about how many spells you have. Which implies you mean the class is overall, more difficult now than what it was. My point is the actual rotation is 4 buttons exactly, and I know this because I have a destro lock… Try to keep up… Those “new spells” are overall useless, and mainly there to bring flavor back to the class and not just the spec. I think even mentioning it in your negative theme asserts the notation that flavor of any given class is more so a burden than an improvement. Which in my head, shows that you have no intended purpose to explore an mmo rpg, but to treat it as a fps, or sword slasher. The shadowland’s improvements gave flavor to the game, and I know the majority agrees. Anyways, don’t wanna take too much of your time being salty about the game. Carry on.