All settings wiped on computer restart

I’ve been experiencing something strange for the last few days, all of my graphic settings/sound settings and my addon settings have been getting wiped everytime i restart my computer. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this? I have attempted to scan and repair but it didnt download anything so i guess my installation is fine. Thanks in advance

Usually that’s related to permission settings on your computer. Tech Support would be a better place for this but in the meantime, here’s a Support Article with some steps to try:

Edit: And it looks like it got moved to Tech Support while I was typing that :wink:

1 Like

thank you i will take a look and try whats suggested in the article :slight_smile: i’ll post again if i have further issues!

1 Like

I know i have posted this previously yesterday but the forums will not allow me to comment on my old post.

Lua Warning:
Message: WTF\SavedVariables\Blizzard_Console.lua:1: unexpected symbol
Time: Tue Jul 14 08:19:57 2020
Count: 2

this is the error notification i received upon logging in today. When i rebooted my computer this morning battle.net asked me to install all of my games again so i had to tell it where all of my games were installed. So unfortunately it happened again. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Howdy Blindato,

This usually happens when there aren’t correct permissions. Make sure you are starting the Blizzard as admin.

I will try that and i’ll see if it works thank you :slight_smile:

the forums wont let me add another post -
Lua Warning:
Message: WTF\SavedVariables\Blizzard_Console.lua:1: unexpected symbol
Time: Wed Jul 15 18:41:24 2020
Count: 2

so unfortunately it seems to have happened again im really at a total loss

interestingly though some of my addon settings were wiped and not all of them and i also somehow had my keybindings wiped? this is just weird

Blindato,

Moved you to your old thread to keep this cohesive! Do you use any addon managers like twitch, tukui client, etc? If so, can you uninstall them and reset your UI again?

If it doesn’t work, I’d think we’re looking at a problem with a security program fighting us for control of your settings file. If you’re running any of those, try temporarily uninstalling them.