All of the realms are full

Even this is a conservative estimate. Blizzard is preparing for 50-90% to be gone by phase 2. That’s the reason they’ve been so protective about releasing new servers. We’ll be very grateful they did when the dropoff (whatever size it turns out to be) does happen and no one is left on an empty world server.

2 Likes

If you guys haven’t had the experience there is nothing worse than playing on a empty server. WoW got it right in this case. Start small and expand as need dictates. Vanguard: Saga of Heroes got it wrong - an endless expansive world with nobody in it!

7 Likes

Ok, so What are the numbers then? Anyone know?
How many accounts equal “Full” X the number of Realms= How many Total Accounts/People?
(+or-)

Ahhhhh yep…they are adding 4 more on Monday…

3 Likes

dont need asmongold telling me, its just the way it will be wait and see

1 Like

Full servers is the goal.

1 Like

are they locked full?

Marketing 101; limit access, create a false scarcity, increase demand, raise prices.
See: De Beers ®

1 Like

The only indication I’m aware of is “a medium realm now is much larger than a full was in Vanilla”

3 Likes

Nobody knows if the population count for the displayed server listings is based on a single account or a single created character or the total # of created characters.

You can only play 1 character at any time on your account. Let’s say you created 1 toon on 3 different servers. Is Blizzard counting each character on each server as +1 to the total server population of each of those servers? Even though you can only play on 1 of those servers?

If so, then these population numbers are Overestimated.

1 Like

The only thing I’ve heard is probably what you already know: “Full” in 2006 is equivalent to “Low” in 2019. - Whatever that means…

1 Like

Nothing has ‘locked’ yet. I suspect that won’t happen until the game launches.

1 Like

yes! dead servers are the worst, im one myself and it really sucked with no lfg stuff. server was dead for years… finally connected to mannoroth in MoP

much better to have too few, than too many

1 Like

You and Blizzard keep saying this stuff. I wouldn’t count on it.

1 Like

Underestimate? For over a decade, yes.

5 Likes

The name reminds me of that one creepy neighbor nobody really knows. None comes over, not married and no kids. Then one sunny day a police raid comes in and you find out he is some serial killer or child predator that you’ve been living next to for years.

you have no idea what your talking about, people have been begging for classic forever. the game won’t die and we have the best dev team for our favorite game. Like every mmo there will be a drop off but were not gonna lose half of our playerbase

1 Like

dont get me wrong i will be happy if this is not happening

1 Like

Which brings up the Question of what will happen at 10:00 am tomorrow morning PDT when the Character floodGates open and WE are able to make all 50 Characters in total, 10 pem Realm.

2 Likes

I read (years ago) that people waiting in queues don’t typically cancel their accounts. But people on empty servers do usually cancel. It will be interesting to see if the market dynamics work the same for this classic version when it’s not the hot new thing. For example: for Everquest many people were willing to upgrade their computers to play but when Brad McQuaid made Vanguard the market refused to upgrade their computers. WoW is in a different boat of course but I wonder if people will be as patient with the queues as they were circa 2006.

1 Like