All general macros missing? Help!

Hey so I just logged in to find that all my general macros are missing. Character specific macros are still there.

I did some googling, I found that they are there in the macros cache in the retail file. I updated all addons. Still they are not showing up when I log in. I also tried running the game w/o addons and they still weren’t there.

Any insight? Idk how many macros this is but… a lot…

Also probably worth noting that I am playing on a mac

If your \WTF\Account\NAME\macros-cache.txt is still there they should be loading. That said, you can also just open the file, it’s plain text, and copy/paste the macros back in game to remake the macros if it somehow got slightly corrupted.

If the macros-cache.txt is totally messed up, try the macros-cache.old
You could also try moving/renaming the .txt and see if it’ll pull your macros from the server.

Hi! Thank you for the reply (and sry for my delay I was driving all day)-

So my macros-cache.txt is empty? But the macros-cache.old has the stuff. Would it work to copy paste from .old into .txt? Why would everything suddenly vanish from the .txt file?

Hoping to avoid the copy/paste from the .old file into the game or otherwise find a faster fix…between the amount of macros across four active characters and then setting them up in bartender- likely a few hours of ui fiddling.

Yeah or you can just rename the .old to .txt. Do it with the game not running and make a copy just in case.

As for the why, dunno, some glitch writing to the file or something.

I personally back up my WTF folder on a weekly basis to avoid situations like this.

2 Likes

nice- but for whatever reason my .old file only had macros with names A-S…

hmm…still a big time saver, thanks again!