Alien: Romulus

Pretty pumped, guys.

And, to be honest, apprehensive. I hated all the AVP movies. Was not crazy about the two new Ridley Scott movies.

But, RS is just a producer this time and the two writers/director has done three movies together: Don’t Breathe 1 & 2 plus a new version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Haven’t seen these so I’ll check ‘em out.

3 Likes

It looks like a good return to the horror aspects of the franchise and for that I’m optimistic about it.

1 Like

I like what the director has done in the past so I’m crossing my fingers and anything else I can cross that this turns out to be a return to the Alien universe.

Alien and Aliens are top tier movies so we’ll see how this one goes.

1 Like

I like all the Alien movies (Alien Resurrection less so) and the first AVP movie. I’m a bit worried this newest movie will be a sort of dumbed down ‘college kid’ version, but I still want to see it, because: Alien.

1 Like

Just the fact they said a whole lotta this is practical effects. Respect.

I don’t mind a little CGI with xenomorphs. But I have a fascination with practical effects.

Didn’t mind the first AVP movie ( was a little salty two yautja were killed in like 2 minutes but eh ) , the 2nd one has one of my fav yautja designs with the “Wolf” yautja. He was awesome.

Xenomorphs are a known monster (basically). No great reveal at the end. They did armed humans and solo apex human hunter vs the xenos. Third one if I recall was more about the humans than the creatures.
I guess there will be some jump scares or some such. Not much else you can do. Other than people like to see them on screen.

I looked up “practical effects” to understand it. Very cool.

Oh its just stuff like props. Costumes. Puppets. Animatronics. Etc etc. Not CGI stuff.

Altho I do enjoy a nice blend of both practical and digital where they compliment each other too.

1 Like

What?! Possibly the greatest villain in cinema history and some great exploration into the dichotomy/hypocrisy of humans longing to meet a creator to find some greater sense of purpose while also harboring a certain degree of contempt for any lifeform or creation that is not human. These are so much better than the other Alien movies in my opinion.

Huh no.

The first Alien movie was perfection. The second movie was good action but weak story.

I try to pretend 3 and 4 don’t exist. The 3rd one could have been an amazing movie if they would have left Sigourney Weaver out of it and just focused on prisoners vs. xenomorph but oh well. The only good thing about the 4th one was Ron Perlman. I legit lmao at the majority of his scenes, especially when he shot the spider.

Michael Fassbender is a top tier actor and he did the best he could with the trash scripts. Like Ron Perlman, MF was the only good thing about those movies.

Still funny he almost ruined that fantastic shot of Ripley scoring that over the shoulder basketball shot. They had to cut it a bit because he pogged out XD

I mean I totally would have too if I were him. That stuff was great.

Edit cuz i forgot to mention: I actually like 4. Its the third movie that doesn’t exist for me. But I may have rambled about that before. Same for some of the Predator movies like The Predator.

Yet to see Prey but I heard good things about it. I’m not sure how I feel about the Yautja’s maskless face but I’m fully aware its because I’m too used to how Yautjas have looked before that movie. Would have been rad if it was a female Yautja in Prey. I just wanna see one in a movie so bad. They’ve been in seriously any other form of media for the Predator series. Just not in the movies.

1 Like

My problem with 4 is that they killed Michael Wincott too early. I loved him in The Crow and Robin Hood. I also enjoyed 3, but the first two are my favs.

edit – Even though a lot of people didn’t like Alien 3, it feels like a continuation of the overall horror theme. Alien: Resurrection almost felt like a different franchise. It was super campy and as much as I usually like Ron Perlman, I felt like he was hamming it up a bit too much.

1 Like

Luckily I watched a review on it and never seen the movie. I’ve heard nothing but bad things.

I loved this movie and it’s part of my Saturday Predator marathon (Predator, Predator 2, Predators, Prey). Can’t wait for the sequel.

Oh its getting a sequel? Good for them.

1 Like
1 Like

Noice.

1 Like

Ohhh? I will keep my eye out for Prey (free version lol). Looks like it’s right up my alley for things I like to watch.