Alex Afrasiabi - Where'd he go? :o

Just noticed it says he left blizzard in June 2020. Usually we see a big notice about these things when oldies abandon ship / seek new horisons, but this seems to have gone totally silent?

Any special reason?
I wish him good luck in the future anyway, and thanks for the work he did.

3 Likes

I guess the same reason all OG left blizzard?

1 Like

Yeah but my question is more aimed at why it went silent, unlike others.

2 Likes

I had no idea he left

2 Likes

I guess we know now.

“An employee brought these 2013 events to our attention in June 2020,” a spokesperson for Activision Blizzard told Kotaku when asked about the “Cosby Suite” images and allegations against Afrasiabi. “We immediately conducted our own investigation and took corrective action. At the time of the report, we had already conducted a separate investigation of Alex Afrasiabi and terminated him for his misconduct in his treatment of other employees.

Source

8 Likes

An actual Cosby Portrait, wow these dudes had brass… Can’t believe this stuff is just now coming out.

3 Likes

Well we know now why he left.

4 Likes

why would you necro an old thread just for this? there’s at least two threads on the front page talking about it already

2 Likes

he wanna let then no , give the anser to questin , the thared it is a solve !

is this post a joke?

I know. This one feels like an honest, needed Necro. Peace.

Look at the date of the OP.

OOOOOF how can you still support this game after this… BIIIIIIG MEGA YIKES.

"Just noticed it says he left blizzard in June 2020. Usually we see a big notice about these things when oldies abandon ship / seek new horisons, but this seems to have gone totally silent?

Any special reason?"

Well, you see, he was harassing and manipulating women and Blizzard found out and made him quietly resign, so the news wouldn’t hit the front pages. I wonder how’s that working out for them now?

2 Likes