Albion online has a better gameplay loop

Title. You know it’s bad when Albion Online has a better gameplay loop versus WoW and I hate full loot sandbox mmo’s.

Albiwho Onwhat now?

I vaguely recall the name, but maybe you could elaborate to spark some kind of discussion in a general sense?

Not really much of a discussion starter, huh? But I’m happy you found a game you enjoy?

3 Likes

What’s that? I’m happy for you though!

What? Never heard of it.

I’ve never even heard of this one. If this is an attempt at marketing it though, you’re not doing a very good job.

vaguely rings a bell. think i looked it up and said “no” at some point.

2 Likes

It’s a low graphic PVP based MMO.

The High End zones are forced PVP and you lose your gear if you die

Definitely wouldn’t recommend it to anyone unless you really like grinding…and losing your gear

Wasn’t that like WoW killer… Three? I’m surprised it’s still going.

Not one worth mentioning.

Rift, gw2, wildstar (rip), ffxiv, and swtor were the big “OmG wOw KiLlEr!!” Mmos. And 3 of them are literally wow clones.

Lol, these comments were great.

No, I’m not much of a conversation starter.

No, I do not work for their marketing team.

It is a full loot sandbox MMO, has pay 2 win elements in it (gross) and IF YOU DIE IN A RED/BLACK ZONE, YOU LOSE ALL YOUR SHT. So that’s an immediate turn off for most MMORPGers.

It does, however, have a more interesting gameplay loop than WoW because your contribution to your guild and/or general economy as a solo player, has a meaningful impact. Professions actually play a very important role. If you have a guild that is about to begin a major alliance battle for territory - it’s an all crafters hands on deck type of situation.

Blacksmiths have to craft a ton of tier armor to keep their dying comrads who respawn naked equipped and ready to get back into the fight. There’s a lot of teamwork and cohesion because of that and it adds a lot of replayability.

Alchemist are johnny on the spot with those pots and farmers are the silent MVP’s bringing in those necessary resources to craft food for buffs/heals. It just feels like everyone is actually working together.

I can’t say the same for WoW…especially with how butchered professions have become.

1 Like

K, bye, go play that game. Also can I have your gold?

I think I can safely say you just lost the attention of everyone here.

I am not in favor of the game, nor am I in favor with where WoW is currently.

When a pay2win full loot sandbox MMO has a better gameplay loop than this game, there’s a problem.

Thanks.

I’m just surprised it’s still going, though the same could be said about alot of games. You did come to the WoW forums talking about how much better another game is though, you didn’t think there would be push back?

If you say ‘gameplay loop’ just one more time you’ll really drive your point home effectively.

3 Likes

I hope the OP isn’t going to operating any heavy machinery for the next few hours…

Funny that you bring this up. I’ve been playing and enjoying Albion and was wondering when it would come up here.

It’s fun to feel like you’re a little guy in a sea of many, and yet your contributions do matter. You also have travel with your guild if you want the best loot/materials so it makes it feel real old school.

It’s definitely not for everyone though.

1 Like