AI and chaos brand nerf?

There is the issue that this still runs counter to the fact that a large part of melee does magical damage. I think AI was correct but chaos brand was not do to how much more reach it has across all specs.

2 Likes

The chaos brand one really shouldn’t have been touched do to having a much wider scope for which it’s influence is felt. If the point of this was to see less casters and more melee, you shouldn’t have nerfed the buff that effects both about equally.

hmm do you not understand that you have to nerf both because the m+ meta has both hmm if you don’t nerf both that just locks in mages hmm

Mystic touch only affect very few classes (mostly warrior only) and part of the damage of non-casters. Almost all classes are affected by chaos brand.
AI affects both healers and casters.

If you wanna blame anyone, blame Maximum, leader of Liquid who called the dev for such nerf.

And if it wasn’t enough, they seem to be going to nerf Blood DKs HARD because of what he called also as well… even though the meta is going to be either VDH or Guardian for next season…

They should reduce drastically the raid buffs effect in Mythic+ to be honest.

i agree they should lower it from 5% to 3% oh wait

1 Like

that is an overall nerf.
They needed to reduce it even more for Mythic+.

So i just looked at it, the only two classes (using their spec mechanics and playing how they are intended) that do purely physical damage (bleed is physical dot damage) is arms warrior and feral druid, literally everyone else has either built in magic damage or an option to do magic damage via hero talents.

(not counting spell reflect do to being a defensive that turns a enemies damage against them.)

1 Like

lol, yes my friend, a brilliant discovery you have made! I don’t have the time or the crayons to try to make you understand. Cheers

I would argue the opposite. Arcane Intellect was the problematic one, since it also helps out the healer. While Battle Shout is specifically Attack Power as opposed to Str/Agi to avoid giving Tanks a defensive boost.

It’s getting tiring seeing the class I play get neutered repeatedly due to some degenerate niche of the playerbase. Cough AoE cap nerf Cough.

You’re so close to the revelation, so I’ll give you the last push: Blizzard is nerfing spell caster compositions, not melee.

When lock gonna be meta? :c

1 Like

Chaos Brand affected most of the melee abilities in the game as well. A good portion of all the melee specs, gained the benefit from chaos brand and mystic touch was negligible compared to it.

With Arcane intellect I imagine that it synergized too strongly in groups. It buffs the Aug and it buffs the healer. And mage is already doing well, in addition to having a lot of utility and personal CDs. So in order to gain the most benefit for you Healer, Aug and Mage, You want to look for something that compliments that. Which a Shadow Priest fits nicely into, with PI and Fort.

This is at least my best comprehension as to why they would change both. And ultimately, unless you are going to be pushing extremely high keys, this will mean nothing to you. And for the bulk of the wow players, it wont matter a lot.

It looks like you play in the 2kio to 2.5k io range. The difference will most likely be not that bad for you. And in a raid environment it wont mean anything comp wise.

I’m literally shocked by this change. After so very long having mandatory “god comps” for MDI/TGP, I assumed Blizz believed mandatory comps were good for their Esports dreams. I didn’t watch a second of the last couple MDI/TGP events because it’s boring watching the exact same comp every run, in every dungeon over and over, but if this change makes other comps viable, then I’m 100% for it.

If I’m not mistaken, aren’t a lot of melee abilities based on attack power? Even the spells? I’d use Unholy DH as an example. How would their damage go up if they got more strength and 0 more intellect if the majority is diseases(and pets)? Wouldn’t such classes try to get intellect gear if it made their spell damage go up?

Warrior is overperforming, better bring their utility down a tad, make things fair.

/s, obviously

What are you asking, are you asking how damage types scale off different stats? Are you asking how would a set type of stat effect a class that doesn’t use it? To answer both, assuming you are a strength class who is supposed to wear plate you actually lose damage by using anything not plate based. For the first every classes abilities scale off their main stat, for all intents and purposes all you ever have to do to figure out how it works is look at your stats and divide the damage of an ability by your main stat, anything else will be benefits from mastery/verse.

In other words, a lot of classes barring two specs do magic damage how they scale doesn’t really matter.