[A/H/N] World RP Event: The Haunting of Hallow’s End

Greetings, Hallow’s End enthusiasts! This year, I thought we’d try something new: An opt-in server event centered around Hallow’s End. Held in conjunction with the in-game Hallow’s End activities, we will start experiencing a haunting of Azeroth! Details below:

When: Starting slowly on October 18th and ramping up to eventually end on November 1st (Day of the Dead). RPers and guilds can participate as much or as little as they wish. Maybe it’ll be weekly, maybe once, maybe not at all. But the first prompt will be posted on October 18th.

Where: WrA Server
Potential places to experience hauntings include but are not limited to:

• Ironforge Hall of Explorers
  • Stormwind bookstore next to the Trading Post
  • Lakeshire
  • Tarren Mill
  • Orgrimmar - along the Drag
  • The Crossroads
  • Booty Bay
  • Ratchet

**Cemeteries are also especially hotspots with increasing paranormal activities as the event goes on.

How: Something strange has happened (offscreen) and accidentally releases or brings several forms of supernatural activity (not Forsaken!) to Azeroth. Nothing is particularly grimdark. Just scary, suspenseful or surprising.

I’ll be posting regularly into this thread with different things your character could be experiencing. Or feel free to put your own spin on things!

In addition, this event also ties in with the recent Blizzard reactivation of the Character Restoration Service. From now until 10/15 (I believe it is until then), players are able to undelete characters with only a 60 second cooldown (I tested this and it’s currently working that way).

This is your chance to bring a “deceased” RP character back to life for a short while (or permanently) for the RP. They can be living, undead, ghosts or however you want to bring them back.

Please note that the 60 second restoration stops before this event begins. Also, there is no Discord for this event, but I’ll have IC and OOC channels popped up on the WrA-Roleplay Discord starting on the 18th for anyone who wants to RP or post reports of unusual activity.

https://discord.gg/6tdnWDwAEv

9 Likes

Did someone say… hauntings? I’m listening.

4 Likes

I actually do need your expertise, Thomas. I don’t remember what toys make someone a ghostly glow. I think you mentioned it once in another thread a year or two ago. But I’ve forgotten.

2 Likes

Spectral Visage and Death’s Door Charm are two I can think of.

1 Like

Popping this back up to the top as I work on some of the prompts.

1 Like

Ah! It looks like it’s time for:

:ghost: Thomas Bates’s Guide to Ghost Items! :ghost:

The three major toys that have half hour durations for a ghostly effect are Death’s Door Charm, Spectral Visage, and Scroll of Aeons. Having at least two of these toys will let you switch between them for indefinite ghostyness! Death’s Door Charm is bought from the Valajar quartermaster at Revered rep, Spectral Visage is a drop from the ghost rare when your faction controls BfA Arathi, and Scroll of Aeons is an easy to obtain hidden toy in Bastion.

Other items that create a ghost effect are: enchanted dust from WoD enchanting, Ethereal Oil from Wrath fishing, the shards from the Harvest festival event, and the pumpkin treats from Hallow’s End. Abilities with Spectral effects are Priest Shadowform, Shaman Ghost wolf/raptor forms, Druids with the celestial glyph, and those revived by the DK’s raise dead.

Hope this is helpful!

4 Likes

That’s a lot more items than I expected. Do they all have the same or a similar effect?

Bumping as a reminder - if you wanted to use restored characters for RP, now is the time to get them back into your roster. On 10/15, the cooldown officially starts again.

1 Like

I was going to start pushing advertisement for this event over the weekend, but I decided it was probably too far in advance. So I’ll start it on Tuesday, in time for server reset.

Remember, this is opt-in and cross-faction. I’ll be posting happenings across different potential hot spots for haunted happenings with details. Feel free to use them as written or however you wish. While I’m not looking for people to have grimdark experiences, if your guild or RP group wishes to, it’s fine. Just be careful of the boundaries of others.

(FYI, nothing in this event will feature arachnids/spiders/snakes/centipedes.)

3 Likes

Character restoration?
I wonder who I could

dig up?

2 Likes

Two dayssss…

1 Like