AH scamming question

Not sure where to post but professions seems right.

I want to know about the scam/unethical practice of people posting an item (example: serevite ore) for 1g when the current price is 10g. Trying to trick people into posting for the below market price.

Example:

There are 10,000 pieces of ore with the lowest price of 10g and then someone posts ONE ore for 1g trying to get people selling to mistakenly post their ore for 1g, but in quantity, and then, but it up to resell.

While gross, I am not so much questioning they unethical practice. I am questioning that they do it so fast there is no way that a human is doing it. It is possible for me to snipe many of the 1g ores over and over but I see on a constant basis where they get people to fall for the trick and the multiple of the item are gone almost instantly. Also, it is constant. I feel this has to be a bot on the AH which is a much bigger problem than unethical tricks.

Is there anything to be done about this? Report them? This seems to only be growing.

2 Likes

Not against the rules. Dont be lazy check what your selling for or get an addon like auctionator that will alert you this is too low…

3 Likes

Im not sure if you actually read my post. =/

While gross, I am not so much questioning they unethical practice.

I am not saying it is against the rules.

I am questioning that they do it so fast there is no way that a human is doing it.

I am questioning if this is a bot that is posting/buying the auctions which is most certainly against the rules.

1 Like

Its absolutely bots.

Ive been watching this since before xmas. Im 99% certain its bots or at least some kind of script.

I could post a single rank 2 gem at market price and before I can even look at my own auction, its undercut. I would believe its just a symptom of a very busy economy but not when its always the same 3 or 4 players. And it happens any time of any day.

Theres no way these people are sitting at the computer at 6 am on Thursday just waiting to undercut a puissant nozdorite for 90silver. It’s bots guaranteed.

1 Like

They can do this with TSM I believe. You can post 50 different items undercutting by 1 copper in about 5 seconds if you can click fast enough. I’m sure you can buy with it that way too.

The people posting ore for 1 silver hoping to get you to not notice and just post all your stuff at that price are trying to scam you. Don’t fall for it. The Nigerian prince email still rakes in 700,000 a year according to the internet.

1 Like

That’s not a scam though.

Unkubutta really did need my help. It’s been 9 years but he will send my 50K back as soon as he can. I’m sure of it.

4 Likes

I agree. Don’t be lazy. I post junk on there at 1sp to get rid of it.

Buy the 1sp/1gp stuff and resell it. Easy Peasy.

1 Like

OK Grandma.

Again and again, the issue is not with the “trick” being against the rules. It clearly is fine to be unethical and trick people posting too fast. THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE.

The issue is wondering if this is being automated of if there is actually a human pressing the buttons. If being automated… it should 100% be looked into and stopped by Bliz.

Its not a scam if bot or people are careless.

1 Like

Little column A little column B.
There are definitely bots out there, but a lot of it are people, its just, there are so many people doing it, it almost seems automated.

It’s a region wide AH, not so sure about it all being bots.

Remember you’re selling and buying commodities with the ENTIRE North America region.

1 Like

Right…thats called ‘flipping’…and its perfect in line with the rules.

no…its been a thing since WAY before I started in 2017. Some in here like to pretend its a new thing, but it aint.
IF you fall for it once, you have my sympathy.
If you fall for it a second time…well…I’ll leave it at that, lol

Probably not.
Ive done it a lot.
I drop one of a hot selling item at a low price, refresh until you or someone drops a stack at my listed price and hope I can buy it before anyone else does
The new AH changes make it a lot harder to snag before someone else cuz there are a lot more buyers to compete with now.

no…guy…it aint. lmao. Its literally ME.

that is because they COMBINED AH’s for mats and crap…so there are FAR MORE players posting now.
Did any of you get the memo? lol

1 Like

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up:

Right…IF its automated then yeah…a violation of the ToU.
If you catch someone automating, report and hopefully they get zapped

1 Like

Did you ignore my very next sentence for a reason?