AH Item Expiry in 49710 days

So I noticed one lot of items expiring in 49712 days and I thought oh maybe Blizzard are fixing something… next day another item was expiring after that… i submitted an in-game bug report and still now today it’s 3 items… 2 days and no fixes… am I the only one experiencing this? I also don’t want to cancel because its an item that takes a massive chunk of gold as a deposit!

Edit 14 hours later - ANOTHER ERROR:
Also, now Protogenic Essentia are down to 1silver wth??? I go to buy and it crashed my AH… forever spinny AH circle of death…wow undercutters are getting desperate selling essentia for 1s. Perhaps it’s another error in selling because I can’t buy, so tonnes keep getting listed because people don’t understand why theirs isn’t selling.

AND even with all these AH shenanigans, no post of next maintanence…I hope they are onto it…

A bit disappointing, when you cant get through to someone.

4 Likes

Not the only one.

2 Likes

I decided to do some cleanup on a lvl 52 toon’s reagent bank. She now has a couple dozen items that are going to be on the auction house for 136 years. Wonder if gnomes live that long?

Seriously, I’m afraid to cancel incase something decided to calculate a new deposit based on that length of time.

Edit: on the app it shows a negative countdown. E.g. -53min

1 Like

This is what I came here to report. Things are not expiring on their own, some are yes. But others have a ridiculous amount of days left somehow. I always select 12 hr listings… O.o

1 Like

Seems to be tied into this bug:

2 Likes

I have the same problem.

I’ve got my banking toons with lots of items with this issue of expiring in 49710 days plus some hours.

I was wondering why I wasn’t getting back my expiring items, and then saw this today for the first time and went, “wow, that’s a long listing time!”

I didn’t realize it is equivalent to 136 years.

But I’m also afraid to cancel any of these listing, lest that lead to yet another problem/issue/loss of the item.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

I pretty sure the bug has been fixed or at least it shows up properly on my end.

I think that maybe they must’ve done something to accidentally put a negative number, which ends up becoming a very large positive number since negative numbers aren’t recognized.

Never before have auctions had the ability to outlive the average person.

1 Like

Having this issue, as well.

2 Likes

Do we cancel or what?

Yeah, I went to relist my auctions on my main from a few days ago, and I noticed some of my items hadn’t returned to my mailbox for me to relist them. I thought that was odd and was hoping they didn’t somehow get deleted, so I opened my listed auctions tab and found all my enchants were listed for 49709 days, or 136.189 years, lmao.

1 Like

You can cancel if you want to forego your initial deposit. My deposits amount to a few thousand G’s so I’m not cancelling on behalf of a blizzard bug.

Fun fact, the maximum value of an unsigned integer is 4294967295.

4294967295/60/60/24 is 49,710 days.

But yes I’m also seeing this particular bug this morning.

TIL the expiration timer for an auction is an unsigned 32-bit integer count of seconds. Makes sense, since that’s a pretty common size for an int (as opposed to long int) quantity.

It also means that the mechanism for this bug is probably decrementing past zero. It would be “-1” days if it were a signed quantity, but it just underflows into MAX_INT.

If I had a nickle every time I saw this behavior in software, I’d have enough to buy myself some decent coffee. (Because it’s just a nickle.)

2 Likes

That pretty interesting nerdy stuff… went over my head, but the items are now piling up! 1 lot turned into 2 lots and now over since this post 3 lots has turned into 6 lots… so when these other lots of the same items (with my high gold deposit held in blank space) expire, they will renew at 49711 days and go into a black hole where nobody can buy them… Nice…

Nobody works at Blizzard anymore. Still no response. Still no maintenance updates… Break something and leave the building. Awesome work ethics! The negativity is slowly seeping in now… is this coming from the top? Devalue the game even more so Microsoft cant get out of the deal with anti-competition laws? Idk man, seems dodgy.

It’s been 4 days because the countdown starts at 49212 days. That’s more than the expected 24-48 hours response turnover for any well-run company. Something is definitely up.

OH LOOK! 4m left on the 7th lot… let’s watch it tick over to 49212 days! oooh it ticks over at 3min left lol smh.

A mi también me pasó lo mismo y no con uno o dos ítems, me pasó con más de 500 ítems! Y la respuesta es que tengo que espere a que lo solucionen…

1 Like

Send a bug report, bottom left menu > support > Submit Bug report. They sent my items back in the mail and it hasn’t happened again. But they really need to fix for everyone!

The problem is Protogenic Essentia now, nobody can buy them?

I’m getting this bug today with my auctions, so it’s clearly not fixed.

1 Like

I started getting this bug last night - auctions not expiring.

I’m getting this problem as well on 7 of my characters that have items in the auction house. Seems whatever the bug was back in August, it’s decided to come back around and “infect” the AH yet again.