"Agent.exe" is using A L L of my bandwidth

Anytime I have the bnet launcher open, something called “Agent.exe” uses literally my entire available bandwidth, which isn’t much as I have absolute garbage internet due to my location.

How can I disable this? It’s ruining my experience and I can’t kill the process as it just resumes itself any time I end process.

2 Likes

Also having this issue, game barely running with 15 fps

Sephrinx,

You can set bandwidth caps in the battle.net application or even fully disable background downloads. This article talks about how to access the settings. Above the setting to change the download rate are some settings for automatic updates as well. You can toggle that to whichever makes the most sense for your situation.

1 Like

It’s not even downloading anything though. There is nothing to download.

I have everything set to “1 kbps” of bandwidth and it is still consuming all of my speeds. I have no idea how/what it is downloading, all automatic updates are off.

1 Like

Sephrinx,

Interesting. It shouldn’t be using much network traffic if it’s not actively downloading anything. I’m assuming you’ve already done afull reinstall of the app? If so, do you run any third party security programs? Sometimes antivirus programs will quarantine some of our files, and we’ll have to redownload them. You can try temporarily uninstalling those to see if it fixes the issue. If it does, you need to contact the security program’s support team to get information on how to exclude applications from the security program. Then, you can just exclude your games/battle.net from the antivirus.

No I have not uninstalled the battlenet app, it would take me all day to re download it.

I’m not using any third party software, just windows defender, which I have opened all ports to blizzard.

just to be clear, he doesn’t mean reinstall the game, just the app which is very small. you should be able to redownload it quickly with basically any internet connection. what is your available download speed?

The Battlenet app is 887 mb.

That would take literally all day for me to download.

If your bandwidth is that low I don’t think there’s much we can do to help here. You can close the app while not playing the game to conserve bandwidth, but it seems like your connection is too slow for us to support beyond this. WoW’s minimum system requirements list a “Broadband connection” which in the US is 25 MBPS down / 3 MBPS up or higher. Even on the slowest broadband connection, the battle.net application would download in about 36 seconds (give or take a bit based on fluctuating speeds).

I wish I could bear better news here, but our games and services have minimum requirements to help set expectations of what we consider a gameplay experience with a reasonable level of quality, and based on this information we do not believe you will be able to get such an experience. If you’d like to just test closing the app on game launch, you can do this by:

1. Opening the Settings section of your Battle.net Application
  2. Opening the General section of the settings menu
  3. Setting the When I Launch a Game dropdown to Exit Battle.net Completely

That said, this likely will not improve your performance in game very much if we’ve got the right estimate of your network speed. Best of luck with it either way!

I’ve not had this problem at all until recently, within the last week is when it started.

I haven’t really had any problems before then, and get around 80-100 ping in game. Thanks for rubbing it in that I have the worst internet that is available in the known universe btw.

1 Like

You seem to be assuming something changed with agent.exe, when it could be that something changed with your connection.

Have you considered running a winmtr on your connection?

yea, i’d be interested to see what your results are at speedtest.net, post what your download speed is, and also what your winmtr results are. winmtr instructions are here. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/27780

Sorry if that came off poorly Sephrinx. I’m not so much trying to rub this in your face as set proper expectations. I totally get that in some places, it’s a struggle to get good internet, we just don’t directly support internet below a specific speed. We’ve got a scope of support here, and as blue posters if you don’t meet those requirements we are extremely limited in how much we can help. We’ve got good reasons we set our minimum requirements the way we do.

I’ll definitely keep an eye on this still - if your speedtest reveals that you’re hitting broadband speeds and you’re having installer/download issues, that could be something we could troubleshoot with you. Otherwise, you might be able to get more help from helpful players like Yindar/Zungar here, but I have to bow out for this specific issue.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Conoriaria - agent.exe bandwidth issues