After the pvp healing nerf on hybrids

I´m using double Coastal Surge on melee weapons as enhance.

I’ve only just started playing again, what exactly happened to get our heals nerfed…? My heals are pathetic and I am oom within the first 10 seconds of someone training me. It’s simply broken.

A fury warrior just killed me, he was constantly full hp. How come they can heal themselves indefinitely while I cannot, if I must suffer this “hybrid” BS.

Casting heals that cost maelstrom should not cost mana, make it cost more maelstrom for all I care, just not mana.

1 Like

in all honesty, a nerf to just hybrids wasn’t what’s needed- it’s self healing in general. just like you stated, i had a horde fury warrior nearly heal for as much as i did in WSG as a resto shaman. i was flabergasted when i clicked the healing done at the end of the match… but knew he was doing some healing while facing him in match. no dps should be able to damn near keep up with healing specs.

1 Like

I have out heled healers (crappy healers to be honest) as ele. We have access to really good survival talents (pve&pvp) and azerite traits.

The real question is: are you ignoring all healing/survival talents/traits/gear/professions to go full mongo then complain when a class/spec who is maximizing those same talents/traits/gear/professions rolls over you?

My ele pvp set has NH/IP as the only off traits. It focuses on def/healing traits like pack spirit x3 and blessed portents x 3. I use that with nature’s guardian, spirit wolf and spectral recovery and I am super tanky.

And if i really want to go all out crazy healing in Wpvp i break out my inscription healing stag and stand in the puddle.

You also have a mana pool.

I can cast 4 heals. Then that’s it, I’m dead, unless I can somehow miraculously get out of combat to drink (LOL).

It’s broken, if that is really what blizzard intends then it should be consistent across the board.

1 Like

exactly. not to mention, fury doesn’t even have a “heal” button or cast; it should never come close to a 402 resto shaman that’s geared for healing in the first place.

specs like elemental were the reason blizzard had the “tax hybrid classes” in the first place… and honestly, it should be that way. if you can cast heal yourself and others, you’re a hybrid and shouldn’t be able to dps as high as pure dps classes (but then they need to remove time warp and the hunter pet “hero/lust” at the same time to give shamans their place in raids).

Prot warriors are out dps’ing dps in PvE. Fury warriors out healing healers in PvP. Game is busted.

2 Likes

My healing as ele isnt casted heals and enh has access to the same talents i do. I am not hard casting healing surge.

I also got the pants in the new raid and they proc a lot. Sure they will get nerfed soon.

but you can is the point. if a healer goes down, you can help keep teammates up if needed by casting heals. most other classes/specs cannot.

All of you can speak for yourselves. I have great healing in Ghost Wolf form which doesn’t matter cause I can’t do dmg in that form anyways. The second I pop out of Ghost Wolf I’m dead. Enh should never suck this badly considering the most powerful entity on Azeroth is a Shaman. Yes, I’m referring to Thrall :wink:

1 Like

the fury war cant heal if hes not attacking you. Get earthgrab, kite with ghost wolf and earthbind, stun with capaciter and hex off that. Make use of your ranged abilities.

that sounds all fine and dandy… until he uses his 2 charges, stuns, fears, ww - not to mention they can become immune to slows if i remember correctly. then, if you’re enhance, how do you plan on killing him if you have to keep away just to survive his attacks? our whole point is fury shouldn’t be healing for as much as they do - especially when they’re supposed to be the glass cannon version of warriors.

I would say that they should remove the mana regen nerfs on enh so you dont get oom with a few cast.

1 Like

you have a 15 yard range on abilities you need to whittle him down. Ascendence is a big help here. There is a deadzone where the warrior cannot melee you but is too close to charge you. This is where you want to stay at with the help of slows and ghost wolf. Using stuns when he has a chance to connect and ghost wolf when you anticipate his stuns. You can juke them out of melee range with a jump in ghost wolf and coming out with a frostbrand to keep them slowed at the same time. Although do not go too far or he will charge you and heal. Its going to be a long and defensive fight, but it is do able. Tremor totem the fear, kite with wolves up and spirit grace. I have had 1v1s with warrior where they literally quit the game because they are unable to touch me.

If you find yourself low on mana, 2/3 traits of ephemeral recovery will bring fill your mana back every 3 min after you go oom for more healing opportunities. Although if you are casting a healing surge every 5 sec, you should be able to sustain yourself with that. Cast two spells, cast one healing surge no matter your hp %. You will find your survivability increase. Let them waste their cds and go in when you find your opportunity.

i never said it was impossible… not to mention you’re lucky to get a 1v1.

unless you’re a mind reader, that’s a tall task as tremor doesn’t drop while feared like it used to.

enhance has spirit grace?

well once you play enough youll learn to recognize peoples playstyle and how to counter them. Certain classes have cc combos they like to use which can be an indication of what comes next. Its better to throw tremor down in anticipation knowing he cant fear to get away or stop you at that time. I find they generally use fear when you are healing up just out of their melee range and you are moving to LoS their charge, or they are unable to charge you and do it in frustration. In 3v3s or 2v2 I like to put earthbind near a totem and pillar hump playing ring around the rosey with the melee while you build up maelstrom and other azerite stacks or whatnot. This will also bring the ranged classes in closer just because of how much of a nuisance you are being and they wont get any casts off on you. That being said, you need a healer that is mobile enough to keep up with you and not get cc’d or outran in the process. However, with 3 people there is bound for one of them to be on you at all times, you also need to be getting enough pressure off on this target to cc the heals and go in for the kill. You will rely on your second damage for this part and to score the initial cc where you can setup your stun totem into a hex and then pop your cds to go for the kill. Of course if they are not on you, you need to be supporting your teammates as much as you can with remembering to heal them every time you hit 80% health regardless if they are getting trained or not. You want to always be around 80% mana. Anytime you are sitting capped at 100% mana you are potentially wasting healing which will in turn equal less uptime on the target with you trying to run and live.

Most of this comes from long term experience, knowing what pvp talents to run on certain maps, with different partners depending on class AND playstyle, and against different teams. You also need to find teammates that you are comfortable with.

And spirit grace, I mean whatever sprint 60% speed boost enh shamans have every 1 minute that also cleanses roots and snares.

1 Like

Ghostwolf kiting has been a part of shaman since I started playing it in cata. Enh/ele isn’t supposed face tank damage like plate does.

They should revert the mana nerf tho, it was an absolute idiotic decision. And enh/elw should get the electrocute pVp talent, not sure why they don’t.

1 Like