Affliction Tower tips?

So I’ve been doing the Mage tower on my 54 warlock in some old gear. In the instance I have about 13% crit, 30 something% haste, and 50-70% mastery depending on my gear combination. I’ve gotten to stage 5 multiple times but I keep dying to what effectively comes down to being overrun by adds.

I’ve tried various talent drops setups and the build I have so far has been the most reliable. My biggest problem feels like aoe damage (and single target somewhat). I’m keeping my dots up for the most part but have trouble keeping seeds out- but I don’t seem to be able to get the adds down fast enough to afford to kill the 7th or 8th hand in time. And despite my efforts, I’ve only gotten the main boss down to maybe 85%.

Are there any tips for managing this encounter? It seems fairly simple in concept, but I don’t feel I’m managing the adds as well as the videos I’ve seen, and I’m not sure where I’m going wrong.

1 Like

Take Absolute Corruption for infinite Corruption. Adds aren’t a threat, just use seed of corruption on them and keep moving.

When Karam chase you for the last time, pop all your CD’s and kill him asap. Again don’t mind the adds. Just cast seed of corruption and keep moving. Kill the hands and use your pet to soak.

To kill the boss at the end you want to put Agony on a few adds and then heal yourself with Drain Life on boss every time you get hit by Shadowbolt. Keep refreshing your dots on Boss. In case of emergency (health too low and Drain Life not healing enough) use Phantom Singularity on adds to heal yourself. Your priority is to heal yourself, don’t try to kill the boss fast. Keep running around and don’t forget the refresh Agony on adds.

1 Like

This fight is a marathon and I lucked out by keeping my dots up and staying alive until I happened to notice Raest was less than 20% at which point I focused on him exclusively, also helps that I was super familiar with the fight as it’s same for frost mage (although way harder) and it literally took me 94 attempts

Followup question- in phase 5 Raest just rushes me and melees me to death… how do I avoid this?

Don’t outrange him. He’s programmed to melee you if you go too far away.

By all appearances anything more than 3 yards from him is too far. Am I supposed to not kill his brother first?

Yeah you kill the brother first. His melee attack shouldn’t be a concern honestly there is nothing you can do against it except not staying at melee range. If you see him rushing towards you just move.

I don’t understand where I’m going wrong. My damage is fine and I’m burning into phase 5 pretty easily. Every time I get there, Raest instantly kills me within a few attacks. I’m pretty sure I haven’t hit an enrage timer- sometimes he kills me in a few melee hits, sometimes with a few shadow bolts. I can’t seem to heal fast enough to survive it. Any tips?

Yes a few Shadow Bolts will kill you that’s why you have to heal yourself consistently. Do you put agony on adds ? If not your Drain Life isn’t going to be strong enough.

Not sure the validity as I didn’t read much up on it but I found he would charge at me randomly if my pet was attacking him (same for shadow priest and fiend). Once I started keeping my pet on passive stationed near rune spawns to soak or not using fiend on him, he remained in his usual spot during phase 5 unless I ranged him. Only took me a few tries after that with the spam agony and drain life strat for phase 5.