Affliction (The War Within Alpha Talent Rework)

You think running M+ purely with DoT damage and no MR would be fun?

MR being the spender in ST and AOE is the correct decision for the wellbeing of this spec.

1 Like

That’s because you don’t do any content that matters and clearly don’t understand how the spec works.

MR is what makes Aff viable in mplus and raiding

2 Likes

The only other thing I’d really like to see is UA castable on more than one target, maybe a choice node on one of the ones that boosts its damage, and maybe make VT able to refresh Agony repeatedly, right now it’s CD is a little too long.

2 Likes

And again, I’d rather it be completely unviable in mplus and raiding and instead be well designed (aka not have MR)

5 Likes

And since you don’t do content that matters or even main the class your opinion isn’t worth on gameplay isn’t credible

3 Likes

What’s the difference between spamming seed and MR for aoe?

2 Likes

lol you’re really not good enough to be trying to throw shade like this. Wow, a big 4/9 mythic. A total pro. Sorry for not changing to my Warlock character to post on the forum. A real mistake.

4 Likes

Love the changes, great direction. Still need to see more talent nodes overall added to the spec, but I imagine those can come with an established base to work off of.

3 Likes

I don’t want to spam MR ever. The legion design was peak. UA should be the spender.

5 Likes

6/9 mythic actually with a CE.

I’m still doing content that matters.

Never claimed to be a pro.

It’s more the fact you’d rather not be viable and have fun meaning you don’t do any content that matters.

2 Likes

What’s the difference between spamming seed and MR for aoe?

1 Like

lmao I didn’t even check, you’ve downed the easy 3 and then Fyrakk. Totally doesn’t look like you just bought CE.

But here, here’s my lock that I played this season. I get my goals and then I play other games. Was hoping they’d fix aff for the next expac so I could main it. Oh well.

2 Likes

The difference is you have to dot all the aoe targets for MR to do anything, it does nothing satisfying on its own.

3 Likes

Rapture making me do the thing I already want to do doesn’t seem like much of an issue.

Especially with SL being gone. Seed and VT spread your dots.

Should check harder and see where I killed nyume on mythic in December.

Lucky for me I didn’t buy it. Been in the same guild that went 8/9 mythic in abberus killed up to nyume and took a break due to burnout.

Either way doesn’t change anything.

Nothing is stopping you from maining it.

Which means the goal changes from having your dots to damage, to just using your dots as enablers to have your rapture do damage. The whole point of rapture haters is that the dots should be the whole focus. And they aren’t. They just enable rapture.

3 Likes

So seed handling aoe without even needing dots somehow doesn’t make dots worth less?

1 Like

In a way it does, though there’s slight interaction with how seed needs damage to explode and having dots up helped with that, but it’s not like I’m in love with seed anyway. If they wanted to just replace seed with rapture for AOE I’d be 100% all for it. So long as they kept UA as the spender for single target.

3 Likes

Never understand why people advocate for this terrible playstyle and everyone that does always seems to not have an idea what they are talking about.

1 Like

I got a feeling we won’t be seeing rapture go anywhere any time soon.

Thankfully, Hellcaller is looking like it really caters to the whole strong dot playstyle.