Affliction Mage Tower help

I’m not going to complain about it being overturned or whatever, my issue is;

Once I get to the last stage, when Karam is dead, I can’t seem to survive against Raest.

I try cycling through drain life, phantom, dark pact, resolve, and healtstone, but I always seem to end up out of CDs and nothing to stop him

He can’t be kicked or CC’d either. I even tried curse of tongues just to slow the damage a bit and he’s immune :expressionless:

What strategy do you guys use? I feel like I’m so close if I could just figure out how to not die at the very end

Two things:

Spam agony on adds to keep drain life stacks high. If you keep enough agony up, you’ll be at 50 stacks pretty consistently.

Stay towards the far side of the room. Summ circles are almost always on the front of the room. Stay in the back with adds, use your port to clear circle, then return to the back.

You’re like 90% there.

Oh that’s something I’m not doing

I’ll try that

Edit: We’ll that seemed to help but I barely have any time to get dots onto Raest…. This fight feels SO global starved

1 Like

It’s a marathon, not a sprint, for the last phase. Tab agony, keeping up haunt and UA and it takes legit like 5 minutes or more. You should be able to full heal from drain every cast, about once every 5 or 8 seconds. It’s a close thing for sure. Global starved is the right phrase, you can’t cast MR at all in the last phase because not only do you not have the time, it also kills the adds and slows down the ID stacks.

If you’re consistently getting Karem down, then your almost there. The drain kite phase was the home stretch for me, first time I got Karem down it was over. Keep it up!

last phase just tab agony on a bunch and drain life on boss, keep running in circles and try to get the trash on side and port to the other to have time to get through a from ruptures followed by more drain life. you got this

You know I have been trying to cast MR just to get some damage out. I’ll try not using it and just keep agony rolling. Maybe a UA on Raest if I have time

Thanks for the tips guys! Much appreciated :pray:

I’ll post again if I get my mog set :crossed_fingers:

Good luck! I believe in you.

Found a super easy strat, once I downed Karam (took a min because I was playing horribly), got it on my first try.
Credit to
BuaLock on YouTube, check him out.

Sounded like more of a pvp guy, and he was in all SL pvp gear. I used all SL raid gear, no timewalking stuff.
I took ID, AC, demon skin, vile taint and howl. Also made a macro to target hands + cast interrupt, target Karam + CoA, target Raest + agony (just so I could swap back to him easily). Put pet move to on your bars. Put banish on your bar in case you miss a soak.
After P1 put your pet on passive stay and park it mid. If it engaged Raest at all he will attack and kill it P5. You will be using it for soaks so it needs to be alive.

–P1 run Karam out back and phase him.
–P2 use cds and do what you can to Raest. Dot up all adds with seed so ac will kill them.
–P3 Kite Karam around mid circle, keep CoA up and dot interrupt hands and kill.
–P4 Do some damage on Raest, kill adds, do soaks. Save cds for P5.
–P5 use cds, drums and pot. Focus on Karam and hands, seed and vile taint when you can to kill adds. Use pet to do soaks. Dot Raest if you have time, but your focus is mechanics and killing Karam.
You may get a few soak/hand over laps like 4th or 5th, that is probably the hardest part of the fight.
Once Karam dies, no more hands but now Raest will spam shadow bolts and does a bunch more damage with them.
Here is where Bualock’s genius strait comes in …
you can out range Raest.
Raest won’t move, just run out of his range and he will sit there. Seed and viletaint adds, hit a few with agony to build ID stacks and kite. Keep a lookout for soaks, use your pet and banish the elite if you miss one.
Then just pop in to dot Raest, agony, ua, haunt, maybe a drain life if it’s stacked and pop back out. Wraith when your out of his range. And just take your time, it’s all add control at that point with the occasional soak.

I played very conservatively for P5 and focused more on dodging the adds and pet soaks, so it took what felt like 30+mins overall to do. I know because I used drums like 3 times I think. Raest was over 70% going into P5.

You guys got this :+1:

1 Like

This is the strat shadow priests are using because they can’t face tank him once Karam dies

Except they have to run back in for soaks

1 Like

just did this, he killed my pet and vanished with 15% hp

:clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

1 Like

Now it worked, thanks for the tip

Btw, this just proves that this encounter is overtuned

1 Like

Mage tower has always been greatly overturned. I did it with my hunter back in legion and i wont waste my time doing it again. It’s just not fun. I’d rather play another game while waiting for 9.2.

3 Likes

There is a cheesy way you can do this without even shedding a sweat, nuke karam with full cds stage 1, stage 2 nuke him down normally and do hands, stage 3 blow drums potion and nuke him asap that he dies super fast, then have infinite corruption on boss and run to further bottom platform from the boss and he wont cast anything and mobs despawn when they are close to you, afk for 20 minutes and he will die from corruption.

1 Like

The above cheese doesn’t work anymore, since he chases you around at some sort of interval to keep casting, but nuking Karam asap each time and outhealing Raest’s enrage at the end with pets soaking circles wasn’t bad at all with the right talents (even at lvl 56.) The only weird thing now is since Raest moves, so do all the add and circle spawns. Might take some rng to get them to work in your favor.

It’s really not too bad after the cheese was removed. I did end up spending like 10k between some random haste mastery gear, gems, enchants, and consumes, but once you get karam down just keep the agony’s rolling, you can full dot after you get a drain off, and use healthstones/dark pact/coil/unending to buffer some extra mitigation off if you cant get a full stacked demise yet. It all cycles really well aslong as you can pull the dmg before drain life sucks all your mana. Which is why it’s important to make sure you’re only draining with high stacks.

I finally got it (and screamed when I did). Took 8 minutes and 52 seconds, lol.

I ended up swapping to dark pact and phantom singularity.

I focused all my CDs for Karam in P4/5 (whichever phase you can actually kill him in) and made sure to nuke him so the hands stopped spawning.

Keep agony on as many adds as you can. Eventually the slow pools will disappear from the encounter too. Then you only have to worry about the enrage and the runes.

Don’t get in melee range of the boss. Avoid getting too far from him because you don’t want him to jump at you (his melee hits harder than the shadow bolts). Dark pact can really save you in a pinch, but it’s basically just drain life spamming with 30-50 stacks to keep from dying and then using dark glare with full dots on the boss every time it’s up.

Phantom Singularity is a major heal during this part. Because you have SO many adds out, every tick of PS heals you for like 30-45% of your max health lol. It is insane.

1 Like

Phantom Singularity is a must IMO for that last little bit once Karam is dead. It lets you conserve your mana and its entire duration you don’t have to worry about his shadow bolts which lets you unload damage onto him with port ----> malefic rapture spam before starting to agony spam again.

1 Like

Just wanted to say between this thread and a couple guides huge thanks to the knowledgeable warlocks! Using the agony/PS strat with ID and nuking Karam I managed to snag the win!

4 Likes

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Same here! I just down it and had to celebrate silently as my roommates are asleep LOL. I got so excited I had pins and needles in my hands lol. Thanks again for the suggestion of switchin back too Phantom of Singularity. It was massive in the final phase and I had a very clean kill.

3 Likes