Affliction feels REALLY DAMN GOOD

I LOVE how it’s a rot spec, but also has some burst and AoE now. It also feels very defensive with the healing and shields. Also how agony isn’t a “curse” anymore. I honestly can’t wait to play my lock in SL. I was gonna go with mage, but I boosted this lock and DO NOT regret my decision in the least!

Although I do 1000000000% think SoC should spread agony too. Soul shard generation can be frustrating and difficult. Too much RNG there

4 Likes

It’s still a budget shadow priest chief, might want to check it out again.

Your dots do nothing while rapture will be 70% of your dmg, interesting and new.

8 Likes

i dont agree with your assesment, its true that affliction is putting good numbers, but dot damage isnt doing much until you use malefic rapture, wich is were most of our damage come from, i really wish that we move from abilities that buff dots to dots that self sustain.

17 Likes

Anyone who says this has nothing of value to bring to the conversation because quite simly at a baseline they have no clue what they are talking about. Its like Saying Destro is a budget Fire Mage or Boomkin is a budget Afflock. Makes 0 sense.

2 Likes

They are afraid to put damage into DoTs for multi-target reasons but seem to be okay with doing it with direct damage abilities like Rapture. its kinda weird if you ask me.

2 Likes

Your positive post is such a rarity on this cesspool called the forums. /tips hat.

7 Likes

I’m going to have to take a 2 week class just to break the habit of spam casting UA, but beyond that the spec plays pretty well.

Wouldn’t mind seeing more damage in dots and less in rapture, though.

5 Likes

Incorrect. Malefic Rapture is bursty. It does more of your dmg in a short period of time, but on a boss fight it doesn’t do nearly that much of your dmg. With Decimating Bolt my top dmg dealer is Drain Soul. Malefic Rapture is literally a replacement for UA stacking. I feel like people that make silly comments about Malefic Rapture being OP haven’t actually been testing the beta. The tradeoff with Malefic Rapture is that you do basically no damage while you are setting up your dots then the mobs explode when you dump your shards. Other classes are making the mobs explode right off the bat.

8 Likes

Just move the new spender to where you currently have UA on live, you will be essentially doing the same thing with it.

2 Likes

Man you’ve got to let that go.

Hes not wrong tho. Spriest is more of a rot spec than affi atm

2 Likes

Well yeah, your damage numbers are going to look different when you’re using an untuned ability combo (decimating bolt + drain soul), that is doing more damage per tick than most specs hardest hitting abilities. I would be surprised if the drain soul combo is even doing 1/3 of the damage it is on beta by the time it gets to live.

That is exactly what I did.

I just don’t want Affliction to be a one spell class. I don’t have beta, just from what I’ve seen and heard from others Affliction’s dots hardly do any damage, they’re basically just damage multipliers for Malefic Rapture.

So in pvp it seems if a Lock dots you up there’s nothing to be concerned about, no reason to dispell dots apart from the strength of an upcoming Malefic Rapture. If somehow you’re able to Lockout a Afflock from that one ability they’re useless.

Am i wrong? Or are dots a joke now for damage and their only purpose is to boost MR?

2 Likes

Let what go?

Yea when i tried it on beta i moved the hotbars around to that and it was a lot easier to get used to. I think i notced having the extra baseline DoT more lol.

Its on the PTR if you wanna practice with it.

1 Like

0_0 Really!? I just might do that, thanks!

1 Like

A rot spec that will probably be trash in anything other than raids because it is a rot spec. If you don’t have burst its still going to be trash for m+. Which like it or not is a big big part of the game now. MR provides that burst and if agony got added to seed, affliction would be Gucci for m+.

3 Likes

I am liking the way affi looks in everything except pvp

You obviously haven’t seen or played shadow priests in beta or prepatch, they are a little insane right now.