Affliction affix resto spot healing

So I’ve been doing some mid-keys 15-17 today and came across three groups which refused to participate in the affix unlike explosive which was a one touch Afflicted requires more spot healing which outside a swift mend or Nartures+Regrowth are kinda nail bite-y for me. I’m sitting a 7.8(1.5k ish) mastery while more stacked into haste>vert >crit @429 ilvl.

What I wanted to ask, is there a better way to handle this affix than to hold my spot healing? Maybe life bloom and rejuv+cultivation talent and regrowth a party member and just Decurse the second? I feel like I’m doing this the hard way, expending too many resources during key points in a dungeon.

I’m not saying it’s hard, I’m just asking if there are more optimal ways of soloing the affix

1 Like

Use Nature’s Cure on one of them and then let the 2nd one explode on the group until they get the hint. Most of our healing is instant-cast so it doesn’t really affect us that bad. If you’re feeling really generous, then toss a Regrowth on the 2nd. If it crits, it will usually take care of it on it’s own right away. Otherwise, the still potent initial heal in combination with the long HoT which is now boosted by 50% by the new 2pc bonus will take care of it most of the time.

If you’re in a group that simply expects you to take care of both because you are the healer, leave.

5 Likes

Swiftmend Nature’s Swiftness Regrowth is your heal bomb. 5x healing modifier.

Yeah it’s having to use it exclusively for the affix that’s bothering me (45 sec downtime on nature’s swiftness with talent). Not having the swiftmend nature’s swiftness regrowth combo is really messing with my mana because I have to over HoT my group to compensate.

I was hoping maybe there would be an niche talent build like germinate double rejuvs that would leave me with more options so I can HoT one and nature’s cure the second before the cast gets off.

But is blowing most of your good instant-cast cooldowns just to cover the 2nd ghost really constructive? And you’re focusing on this 2nd ghost while one-shot dungeon mechanics are going off all around you. All so that the other 4 players can face-roll the dungeon?

3 Likes

They asked a question and I gave a solution.

/shrug

Appreciate the input but I’m looking for a way to specifically avoid that scenario cause it making healing certain rot bosses really tough cause most times Its eating my ramp.

Ah, I guess I wasn’t reading correctly. Yeah nothing really unless you instantly dispel the first when it spawns so you can just barely dispel the second. Group needs to be helping

topping them as rdruid sucks so youre not gonna have fun

the less globals but feels bad combo seeding already gave

if you dont want to spend NS/swiftmend they seem to benefit from verdancy so plop them in your efflo, lifebloom, rejuv, and then jam regrowths.

1 Like

As a healer we get invited to everything so I won’t join a group who doesn’t have atleast 1 dispel.

I’ll dispel one they will dispel the other. If they don’t I’ll let it explode. If they keep refusing to dispel it then I’ll just leave the group

This isn’t a healer affix it’s a group affix. Not going to stress out trying to do both.

1 Like

I mouseover dispel then do one lifebloom into two regrowths. If it still goes off I leave becuz at that point its on the group. :cloud_with_rain: