Afflicted and Incorporeal are worse than seasonal affixes

Healers that complain about explosive are the healers that don’t make it to 2500 or 2k because they are unable to adapt to the rigors of the position.

Also the mechanic can be worked with with other DPS that have a type of dispel.

But you can keep complaining because

Click friendly npc and dispel or throw two heals on it is hard.

Playing whack a mole having to blow up 100+ explosives a dungeon while the next dps does 9. Yeah: real fun mechanic.

7 Likes

They removed explosive but somehow made it worse. Even if you are able to dispel one of them, you get to just watch while the other goes off.

Mostly I don’t like how it’s just like explosive and quaking again. Either it’s basically a non-issue or it wipes you.

Lucky for ya now you just gotta deal with healing a friendly target or two. Being two common classes with dispels like a shaman or a draktyr or both! Have a tank that can heal like a dk or a paladin which are meta

And still got space to that one guy who has nothing to do in this week and actually has a reason to complain. But I don’t

I run my own keys and pick the people.

All of these complaints are fixed by taking 2 seconds to properly group.

1 Like

I can already solo them on my Priest. That’s not the issue.

The issue I have is there’s no audio queue or anything when they’re coming up because they’ve spawned behind me and I never even noticed. Also, they come out far too frequently to the point it’s more annoying than Thundering.

2 Likes

In organized group it is not a problem pugs on other hand can turn into nightmare in blink of eye. All that are able to dispel should be helping healers, with this weeks buffed adds and raging healers will be working hard to keep us alive.

2 Likes

Dbm and little wigs will give you a sound warning. There’s also a weak aura that tracks it. It’s the same aura that tracked thundering and then last weeks affix and now this weeks

Obviously if you can’t pug into stones you list yours and then keep out people who have no way to deal with the the affix.

I wouldn’t invite you, or any warrior, to a key this week. Stop trying to argue in bad faith and explain why that’s a good change over explosive or thundering or acknowledge that it isn’t.

Holy priests can solo this affix. Dispel one, renew then PWL the other and it is done. It is easier if someone else dispels the second one, but since the healing is below 35%, it reduces PWL cooldown to 10 seconds. I prefer this to incorporeal or explosive. The only problem is visibility. In large fights they can get hidden or spawn out of view.

The spawn timers for both Incorp and Afflicted are 45 seconds with a chance to spawn 0 making it 1.5 minutes.

I agree that they should look into their spawn distances and making it audible or more visual. Other than that I think it’s a good affix that isn’t make or break push weeks.

1 Like

It’s easier than explosive. Takes cooldowns. Might not allow people to triple pull as easily as last week because of the danger of shifting heals and dispels to the. Two or one new targets but that’s part of the difficulty.

Any healer saying this is harder than explosive is insane. You can talk to pugs and pre plan stuff. Even if one mob shoots a debuff out. It’s 8 seconds lost and not the end of the world. And they will get better at it.

It’s a healer awareness check? Yes
Can DPS help? Definitely
Is it harder than explosive? No

Explosive was mainly a healer mechanic but everyone has to chip in when on multiple orbs popped.

If I had any way to help as a warrior you better believe I’d be doing it. But I understand that sometimes theres nothing I can do. I moved my build around to deal with one incorporeal.

I don’t care that I’m being locked out fo keys this week either way. But that’s not the point.

Is it harder than incorporeal? Yeah but only because rogues hunters and warriors can’t do much about it.

Are people overeacting? Definitely there are 4 out of 5 spots that can do something about it and spot number5 can easily be filled by a warrior rogue hunter.

People are acting like this is an attack against humanity because it rattles their stability healing or dpsing

Is this harder than thundering? Nope
Two people at most have to do the mechanic instead of 4 -5

I guess for us Paladins both incorporeal and Afflicted are super easy, cause we have a 15 sec CC for incorp and an 8 second purge for afflicted even in DPS and Tank spec, but it still should not be hard for groups, all you need is 1 dps and the healer to do them, and there are so many classes that can do them

1 Like

I have pugged a good chunk of my keys and I havent had an issue with this. True it makes you think about your comp a little bit. Bring 2 people with a hard cc and 2 people with a dispell. But over all this is a good chunk of the classes and doesn’t discriminate too hard. Personally I see all these new affixes so far as a non issue and this season over all compared to s1 feels like we hardly playing with any affixes which is nice considering how little breathing room I have other than to spam heals on everything.

Umm…

Why would you do that? The cast is 10 seconds. I’ve sometimes dispelled both of them myself on a prot paladin. Healers can dispel and heal, or dispel both. It’s a little tight but there is time.

Explosive could only wipe people for playing badly, and with the exception of a couple of bosses with pull ins, that were fixed incidentally, quaking can’t wipe anyone with a functional brain.

I can take care of both of them as Ret. Sure I waste a global using wog to do it but who cares. Afflicted is a joke of an affix.

2 Likes

That is literally the point.

I’ve been pugging keystones for as long as keystones have been a feature. When I list a high key towards the end of the season there is at least one of every class in the game who will have a strong rating and all the relevant gear. As you well know, if you’re putting together a pug group you have to calculate risk management, you have to say “ok this Paladin is high rated but what if they don’t hit the Afflicted mobs? Then hopefully this Shaman will hit them instead.” So how do you then factor classes that have no ability to contribute? Don’t lie. You’re not going to bring them, are you?

You are on the chopping block here, don’t just play devil’s advocate and then give up when the argument no longer suits you. Explain why you being cut is healthy for the game. I do actually want to know.

Anyone who thinks requiring 5 dispel classes for something soloable is sensible risk management doesn’t know what they’re doing. 2-3 dispels in the group is more than adequate, and if you have more that’s fine, but not at all required. If you’re not getting chosen for a group because the leader can’t conceive of having fewer than 5 dispels for a maximum of two spawns every 30 seconds it’s probably not a group you want to be in anyway.

Tell me, in your experience, do you find the WoW community’s perception of their fellow players to be:

a) reasonable
b) overly cautious
c) hysterical, bordering on delusional

All of the above. I try to limit my interactions to a), but that isn’t always possible. It is helpful when b) and c) self select themselves out of the general population by making bad decisions.

Again, do you really want to be in a group with someone who won’t bring a DH to a group because they have no dispel? Do you think you’re going to have a good experience with someone who so wildly misunderstands what the group needs?

1 Like

I was in a 16 neltharius and I had to beg a drac to help me dispel on the last boss. We just ate debuffs the entire dungeon because I could only dispel 1. :expressionless: I don’t know how we made it that far tbh eating haste debuffs the entire dungeon.

Monk dps not taking dispel this week like I literally just had in a group: :face_vomiting:

1 Like