Afflicted and Incorporeal are worse than seasonal affixes

These two affixes require you to bring classes as well as use crowd control which hasn’t been a thing since Cataclysm.

Pick up group wise this is HORRIBLE. These two affixes break the game for PUGs and make it not fun.

I guess we get a GREAT gearing system and and CRAPPY dungeon affix system.

Too much good and bad this patch. Too much change at once to figure out what actually works.

22 Likes

You realize that Afflicted can be counter played by the healer solo right? At most you only need 2 people to share the load.

You clearly have no understanding how the affix functions.

8 Likes

I know that it sucks I cant see them on vuhdo.

5 Likes

I don’t get how it’s so much of a problem. I’m loving the new affixes that actually change how you approach a dungeon. Though it does seem to annoy the sweaty dps who are slaves to the meter. It’s not hard to spare one gcd for a cc or cleanse

10 Likes

I wouldnt mind if they were this terrible if they were curse/kiss if the group did the mechanic properly.

However, it isn’t. It is extra stress on the group from the already overtuned dungeons.

1 Like

I haven’t done afflicted yet, but incorporeal was not bad at all. Max 2 up at a time, I’d hibernate one, and someone else would get the other one. If we doubled up on the same one, I just immediately swapped and hibernated the one we skipped.

In a couple groups, before people realized the casts would result in 0 healing and 0 dmg, we got hit with it a few times, but since it was only in 7-11s we usually survived long enough for the debuff to wear off.

I am a little nervous about afflicted, as I already complain all the time that the dispel CD is complete BS…

1 Like

I full healed a 16 incorporeal with a 10 maelstrom healing surge as a 424 enhance. (Healer was oblivious) They don’t need much to get healed through and in the 5 keys I ran, most of the time dps were on it.

I did get a WeakAura that says “Afflicted” while they’re up because they can be tough to know about while in melee. I still think these things should have frames.

There’s also a plater mod that adds a nameplate to just Afflicted as well.

2 Likes

Hmmm I haven’t done a dungeon yet this week but that doesn’t sound so bad. But did the heal critc? I know a 10 maelstrom heal is boosted.

It was, but I over healed it by 60k. Crit for 186k.

1 Like

As a dps, i have a poison cleanse and i like to compete with others to see who can get the most dispells.

Wish the npc was easier to see tho.

7 Likes

I think my only issue with Afflicted is the fact that it needs to have its visibility improved and the spawn locations need to be adjusted.

Sometimes it’s spawning in places that are totally unreachable and there’s nothing you can do at all about it.

There’s been only I think one time where there was a bad overlap so far for my groups which was HoI - the first boss used his ridiculously large AoE ability and immediately after they spawned as far as possible away from the group on the other end of the AoE ground effect and nobody could get them as they were well out of the 30-40yrd range.

Not impossible to manage, just tedious in those situations.

Healing them also is a a massive waste of resources and shouldn’t even be an option in its current state, it requires wayyyy too much single target healing to be an actual option and just seems like it’s a total trap.

Overall I don’t mind the affix at all, it just needs some QoL adjustments.

3 Likes

Yeah these new affixes seem designed to lock half the player base out of pugging stones. I am 440 ilvl and 2558 rating. I’m trying to farm Underrot for the fist weapon and I can’t even get into 17s.

Honestly? I don’t blame the community for thinking DK, DH, rogue, warrior, hunter are liabilities this week because we are. That’s the design now. At least with Thundering everyone had the opportunity to prove they could do the mechanic. With this? You’re made to sit the week out.

I think it’s childish to drag developers over the coals and demand they’re replaced but good god someone needs dressing down for this mess.

2 Likes

Imagine having such terrible takes. Both affixes are a minor inconvenience that can be taken cared of by a bit of cc and a class with a dispel. Or a good healer. This isn’t any harder than explosive or thundering

4 Likes

Both are very easy affixes. Many classes have hard cc and dispels / heals. Healers can solo the current one for the most part. If you’re struggling in pugs it’s because you or your group can’t handle the affix. That isn’t a problem with the affix, that’s a problem with you or the group.

3 Likes

Incorporeal was not bad at all. This affliction affix is yet to be seen. I imagine the difficulty lies with being able to easily target and cure.

Another mouseover for the keybinds I assume with some alert. Something I personally am not good with but it has to be done.

1 Like

DK can actually help this week… Death Coil heals the afflicted

can you guys one shot it with that?

Depends on spec, as UH, if it crits, yeah it’ll heal it to full. Otherwise it’ll take more, depending on your item level. But it is spammable, so even in frost/blood it can save a cast getting off in a pinch.

Not saying it should be first line by any means as anything with a cleanse is a better option… Just that, for the first time in a while, DK actually can do something useful on an affix.

1 Like

What about the healers who were complaining about explosive last season that it’s just an affix exclusively for them to micro-manage? They tried to redesign, then gave up on, and ultimately removed explosive because of this. Are you seriously going to argue that everything’s fine because nothing’s changed and the people who are mad can keep doing jobs you get to ignore?

2 Likes

I didn’t find Incorporeal to be that bad because they came out like every 1.5 minutes or so. Afflicted is far more annoying because it comes out every 30s and you have to deal with it 4-5 times during boss fights.