Aff rework can't come fast enough

hate demo npc spec and hate how boring/broken destro is

however aff is so unbelievably annoying to play and any comp you want to play is just automatically better with either demo/destro. meta is too fast for a rot spec.

main issue rn is healers sitting at pillars and spam dispelling UA. nothing you can do. damage isn’t punishing enough. I have some games where my top 3 dam is UA dispel because they’ve ripped 15+ dispels on UA. this doesn’t put you at top dam, either. you only top meters when the healer is not dispelling at all for some reason.

then its effectively having one spell school, one landed kick sets you behind massively compared to other specs

the burst we do have too tied to hardcasting and dots NOT being dispelled

Every other match having a MW just invalidating our spec entirely on their own
stuff like hunter feign, WW/DH being able to reverse all dots with 1 button is so crazy.

very hardlocked into two mandatory pvp talents, one making us to put UA on 3 targets. that one should be baseline at a minimum, imagine playing ele or spriest and having to take a pvp talent to put VT or flame shock on multiple people. sounds stupid, right?

can’t kill things like psyfiend, observer, certain totems reliably

then in shuffle having to deal with teammates like MWers sending down a song of chiji wiping dots, ret paladins aoe blind all dots off everyone (lmao), mages sheeping off dots…

i don’t want it to become a tab target pve multidot spec but omg this spec will actually make you hate this game

2 Likes

Double aff then let them dispell you…

1 Like

yeah that’s pretty much our best comp, for that reason. problem is finding another self-hating affy player.

1 Like

Seems like double aff should absolutely eat this meta eh?

not with MW being in most matches

Oh yeah those damn mwer. Honestly I think they should just balance the game around dots/hots not being dispellable. Dispels should be for utility vs utility not throughput negation.

1 Like

yeah and priests being able to fade/mass again

yeah, was excited to try out aff, but MWers are very good rn.

Not that you cant climb, but it feels stupid.

Although maybe with the rework the ramp up wont feel so bad.

Havent played aff in DF so far tho, so I dont even know how to play it.

just got such a disgusting lobby as an affy

double MW, survival hunter, spriest, ret paladin

I’ve always been, I feel your pain. Switched to destro just to be relevant but I don’t enjoy it.

As a fellow masochist aff player, I’m just gonna keep saying in every aff thread UA should have cumulative stacking increased damage for every additional dispel.

Won’t fix the spec, but def a step in the right direction.

Dear god, just tried a few aff games.

What an f tier spec.

worst caster right now hands down. way too much setup and extremely susceptible to kicks. i had spriests throwing silences on me as aff instead of healers, just to stop me from casting 1 UA.

now imagine like 1500 lobbies and lower, where people just die in opener/without pressing anything. aff is even worse in that kind of env.

Yeah, my brief Aff experience last season was having half my hair fall out trying to get 3 unstables out and then having the other half fall out when my ret rolled in and blinded them all off.

3 Likes

If there was a PvP talent that gave teammates UA dispel backlash for removing it I’d honestly take it.

2 Likes

aff is never getting a rework bro blizzard is braindead