Aesthetic changes I'd like to see for 9.2 for Unholy Death Knight

It’s been years since we seen anything extra (glyph wise) towards unholy death knight. These are the things i’d like to see in 9.2 in pure hope xD

• “Glyph of the Foul Menagerie” BUT it also affects the main ghoul you normally keep out for damage not just your army of the dead horde. There’s so many different kinds of ghouls out there in warcraft. I’d love to be able to control each one as i see fit as long as i keep summoning my ghoul back out.

-“Dark Transformation” We only see one undead monstrosity but i’d love to see other forms of undead monstrosities depending on what ghoul you have summoned from my version of “Glyph of the Foul Menagerie”. I’ve love to see a huge abomination or even an undead nerubian! :smiley:

-Like most Unholy DK’s, I’m sure we all want to see “Summon Gargoyle” baseline for unholy as it’s one of the single coolest looking cooldowns in the game. When “Summon Gargoyle” use to be the go-to talent build way back when you FELT the aesthetic of the unholy dk. Summoning your ultimate creature to bombard your target with undead bolts of energy! It felt so right watching it happen and even when we could turn it into the valkyr through the glyph which later turned into an option at archeus it became even cooler to have!

These are just small things I feel would make unholy feel ultra good. I’m sure there is more but i feel like this portion of class fantasy is missing from unholy currently and i’d love to see it make a come back.

If you agree, just drop me a <3 on the post. Maybe blizzard will see it!

7 Likes

I’ll never say no to customization. Having a Nerubian would be dope, imagine the green fire quest line for warlocks but! Give unholy a class/spec quest line to go into northrend and tame one or fight one to get a different minion with more abilities? That’s a basic idea. I’m all for simple new glyphs as well.

Off topic, buff defile!

6 Likes

I kinda wish they’d make death and decay with 3 different effects/looks for each spec.

thats to much work for this team so give frost hungering cold back

Big agree on gargoyle being our kill window instead of army. Also need dk eye color to be red blue or green so you can match to spec :hot_face:

Our eye colors are blue for a lore reason, we shouldnt go retconning the DK lore yet again which does more harm than good. Why have any lore at all at that point? That just pulls people away from the DK. Whats the point in having a Dk if there are no rules to what a DK is.

3 Likes

Because having a fox ride around on a flying cat in leather heritage armor tanking giant dragons, with my butterfly back pack, is fine… Lord forbid we let people change eye colors.

Already in game character support and NE characters can be a DK with the night warrior eyes. It actually looks amazing with the pale y dead skin models.

But muh lore…muh immersion…

Customization options are always better. They take nothing away from my game play.

4 Likes

To me they do take away from the game if it doesn’t fit the game.

But go ahead, allow dks to change eye color based on spec, but i have one requirement. Athas’ eyes should be whatever shade of green you want for unholy and change all the lore again.

2 Likes

Not that I don’t respect the stance, because there is a certain point where the lore is undermined. I just think we’re past that point, on bigger things. This makes a little more sense to push out the orcs in yeti costumes. I never see my characters face on unless I’m cutscenes, and with helmet mobs now it’s hard to see these options anyway.

Edit because I can’t spell.

Are we past that point? I dont think so, even with how bad SL lore is and what it did to basically all past events and Arthas and Death Knights, they didnt touch DK eye color and in fact they solidified and put more emphasis and reasoning as to why Death Knights have blue eyes.

Its not frost magic by the way which is what it would have to be for the different eye colors. Red would be blood magic, frost be frost magic, and green for fel… i mean unholy/shadow magic.

Thank You :smiley:

ill bump this, was just wondering if anyone else was wondering the same cosemetic

i was going to request a glyph to change DnD to red/blue/green
or something to CHANGE DEFILE talent. the black tar ground is so big and dark, i cant see mechanics like swirls or lava! i step right into it!

ps, i play male NE because shadowmeld but scourge strike is atrocious. theres so many more animations for melee that are better please change too

1 Like

New cosmetics and new animations always welcomed, so many things could be done to further enhance class fantasy etc